• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Tilt Turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey guys, I just found the most legit AT for DK that has probably ever been discovered. This is my second discovery with the character, ride after side-b to Donkey Punch, a true combo I discovered the day I started playing Melee.

Well, to perform this technique, you will start off by performing a down tilt as usual, however in the middle of the downtilt you will hold down and back. This will result in some characters changing direction immediately after the down tilt. We originally discovered this with Donkey Kong, but we have found that it works on multiple characters.

So far, we have tested:

Mario: No
Peach: Yes, and she slides a little when she does it.
Bowser: Yes
Donkey Kong: Yes
Meta Knight: Yes
Ness: No
ROB: Yes
Snake: It appears so, but it is slower than the others.

Those are the only characters that we have tested so far, or plan to test. Mostly because we are lazy. So, in order to complete this list, we are going to need -YOUR- help! Helping us complete this list will not only bring joy into the hearts of millions, but help save the pri- I mean advance the metagame as well. If you need any help testing out the advanced technique, please refer to the enclosed instruction booklet.

Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bnfWJf4UTU

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Oh man guys, this technique is definitely legit, Xero doesn't even main DK and he took two stocks just spamming DTT. This definitely has the potential to revolutionize the metagame--for real, unlike other so called "AT's" that claim to do the same. I recommend using this right away.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
This isn't new guys. There are video's of M2K doing this between stocks from tournament matches a year old. I assume nobody uses it seriously because no one has found any use for it. I can say that with confidence because I've known about this since Summer and I learned it from him.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The only use for this would be to do d-tilt and then instantly short hop a b-air. Or like maybe you could be fancy in doubles and fend off both of them with d-tilts in every direction... no.

This doesn't need to be a new thread, put it in the DK Metagame thread if you really want to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom