• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
I'm seeking wisdom on how to utilize Ganon's dthrow better. I've heard that it is his best throw but i'm having trouble figuring out what makes it effective. If anyone has good setups, combos, and whatnot involving the dthrow i'd love to hear them.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Dthrow -> Chain Grab
Dthrow -> Jab
Dthrow-> Uair
Dthrow -> Dair
Dthrow -> Fair
Dthrow -> Bair
Dthrow -> Nair
Dthrow -> Usmash
Dthrow -> UpB

Those are a variety of the things I used it for in Melee. Pretty much, Dthrow puts them into a situation where Ganon can follow up with just about anything. IF it doens't do that, that usually means he can chain grab them at that %.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
On floaties Ganon can actually Down throw into aerial side B to regrab.

on spacies Up throw is a better option at low percentages.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
Dthrow -> Chain Grab
Dthrow -> Jab
Dthrow-> Uair
Dthrow -> Dair
Dthrow -> Fair
Dthrow -> Bair
Dthrow -> Nair
Dthrow -> Usmash
Dthrow -> UpB

Those are a variety of the things I used it for in Melee. Pretty much, Dthrow puts them into a situation where Ganon can follow up with just about anything. IF it doens't do that, that usually means he can chain grab them at that %.
Good to know.

don't forget Dthrow-> ftilt and Dthrow -> Fsmash
Hmm. I'll have to remember to try this.

On floaties Ganon can actually Down throw into aerial side B to regrab.

on spacies Up throw is a better option at low percentages.
Awesome avatar.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Try chaining a few d-throws, a f-throw, and then a DACUS. The Flying Crotch of Destiny never disappoints.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I'm seeking wisdom on how to utilize Ganon's dthrow better. I've heard that it is his best throw but i'm having trouble figuring out what makes it effective. If anyone has good setups, combos, and whatnot involving the dthrow i'd love to hear them.
A couple people have said a lot of good uses for the down throw, but what makes it tricky sometimes is the fact that the trajectory drastically changes with percent, character, and DI(sometimes). It takes basic knowledge of how it works with certain characters and a good read. But then, isn't everything that way in this game?

Last edited:

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Okay, maybe a stupid question, but can foes tech the moment G-dorf throws them onto the ground with a d-throw? I've never seen anyone do it, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Okay, maybe a stupid question, but can foes tech the moment G-dorf throws them onto the ground with a d-throw? I've never seen anyone do it, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
As in the first time they hit the ground? No.
The second time after they leave his hand? yes.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
That's what I figured, but a Diddy main was trying to tell me all impacts can be teched.

Top Bottom