• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down South Jukin' - Melee's Revival - WABA-GAMES Duluth GA, Feb. 22!!!!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Waba Game
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128,
Duluth, GA 30096
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open every day, from 2:00 PM until Midnight
Telephone number - 678-417-9222.
Website - www.wabagame.com
Email - wabagames@yahoo.com

THERE IS A BRAWL TOURNAMENT AT THE SAME VENUE THE DAY BEFORE, AND GEORGIA WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE HOUSING FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO COME BOTH DAYS, JUST START POSTING, SOMEONE WILL REPLY, AND FOR INFORMATION ON THE BRAWL TOURNAMENT EITHER GO TO THE MAIN WABA THREAD, OR THEIR WEBSITE!!!!

WABA will be hosting a melee tournament on FEB. 22. Even though it seemed as if no one around here was having a tournament in Feb, we decided to in the past few days because of the recent cancellations of melee tournaments in the surrounding area. As you may know, the SC tournament was canceled due to local tragedy, and everyone was simply consumed by the misfortune, but as for the IMPACT CLASH 3 tournament, there is no reason why it should have been canceled. Could all of the people that said they were going simply not make the effort to drive over there? (When gas prices were only 1.70?) JUSTIN WONG WAS THERE. . . So, regardless of the experiences of the past 2 weeks, we are hoping to get this thing going for real, so lets show Waba, as well as our own community, that we can actually show up for tournaments.

Another goal of this tournament is to bring new players. Melee is an absolutely great game, many will argue that its the best, and yet somehow Georgia at the moment has between 15-20 active players of. . . in a state of 9 million. Of course most people are not interested in video games, or playing them competitively rather, but it seems with those 15/9,000,000 figures we're running right now, we can find 10 more that want to play, and if only 3 of them have potential, well, then we've got 3 more players than we do now. SO IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO IS MODERATELY INTERESTED IN SMASH OR ANY OTHER COMPETITIVE GAME, THEN PLEASE TELL THEM THIS IS THE TOURNAMENT TO GO TO!!! AND TOP PLAYERS, MAKE IT YOUR PRIORITY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND GIVE ADVICE AS TO HOW THE PERSON YOU'RE HELPING CAN BECOME BETTER AT THIS GAME, AS WELL AS HELP OUR GEORGIA SCENE.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee - Cash Tournaments
Date: Sunday, FEB. 22nd, 2009.
Time: Please show up early to register. Doubles begin at 3:30 PM. Singles will begin after Doubles.
Door Fee: $5
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry: $20 per team.
Pot Split: 60/20/10 *10% goes to Melee VS Brawl (Return of the Smash64) Tournament Pot (see the main waba games thread)

General rules

* Bring your own controller.
* Double elimination bracket.
* 4 Stocks.
* 8 minute timer.
* Items are set to "off" and "none".
* Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
* Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
* All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Excessive stalling is banned. (This is up to the tournament directors, which i'll go ahead and name as myself and Fullmetal, this isnt a way to take a match from you just for playing a sharp edgegame, but if the point is to stall time, not just lure your opponent, then you know what you're doing wrong.)

Set format (In Order of Procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
3. The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches.

Neutral stages

Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (Banned in doubles)
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Mute City (Singles Only)
Poké Floats
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages

Big Blue
Brinstar Depths
Flatzone
Fountain of Dreams (Doubles Only)
Fourside
Great Bay
Green Greens
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Mute City (Doubles Only)
Onett
Peach’s Castle
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)

Thats pretty much it. Hope to see you guys there, bring some new blood, Georgia needs it badly

Georgia I hope the treatment isn't too rough, I hope your eyes don't go into the fog of the world. Not everything happens for a reason, I know that it sounds appealing when you loose something that's not replaceable. We'll I've been here before, where the waterfalls decompose, and symphonies go blind in the desert, So grab a microphone put the tape in press record, Georgia can you hear my heart explode.

ss118

Smash Master
I'm a bit confused as to exactly where this is....

If this miraculously happens to be near atlanta, I may be at this since I'm going there anyway on the 22nd and it's my birthday week-really, what better present to get me? =D

Edit: where does MK2 fit in all this?

tubes

Smash Ace
I'll definitely come to this. My tech skill has gotten a lot better since IC3. **** just clicked and all the sudden I can SHFFL Nair's while keeping forward momentum from my dash and I've found out how to consistently SHFFL Falcon's Dair.

If you post in this thread saying you'll show up then you best show up. I don't want to see another melee tournament with under 10 people in it.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
oeh, if it's the same day as WATO that might detract from attendance...

Jx31

Smash Ace
Ill be here. If someone could help me with picking up marth, i would greatly appreciate it. All i do is nair-> getting shield grabbed.
Change nair to fair and you'll see amazing results...GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK! *May require good spacing*

GAwes

Hidden Boss
oeh, if it's the same day as WATO that might detract from attendance...
i agree, but i guess it depends on how many georgia/tn/sc/nc plan to go to wato, i guess we'll give it like a week to see how many are going and then decide from there, i have no plans to go, i'd rather play here, wait a couple of weeks and go to HERB and final round.

S0FT

Smash Ace
I was going to go to wato, but GA is first. Imma go to this, but EVERYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD HAD BETTER FREAKING GO!!!

tubes

Smash Ace
So today I double knee'd my brother in a stamina match on the not 64 Kongo jungle. I'm trying to get him to start going to tournaments because his Jiggs ain't half bad for someone who hardly plays smash.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
well, life has given me a snag that may stop me from playing any smash or going to gwinnett for a little while, unless a ride is provided for me. my car needs new tire rods, which will run me about $420+. so, for at least 2-3 weeks, i'm unable to make long drives.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
well, life has given me a snag that may stop me from playing any smash or going to gwinnett for a little while, unless a ride is provided for me. my car needs new tire rods, which will run me about $420+. so, for at least 2-3 weeks, i'm unable to make long drives.
someone'll give you a ride, it aint that far from ksaw to duluth :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I am gonna try to make this, **** god **** I need some Melee

YO I NEED SOME FOOTAGE FOR MY YOUNG LINK / DK VIDEOS SO ANYONE WHO WANTS IN, PLEASE PLAY ME AT THIS TOURNEY (assuming my laptop friend Mazen comes along)

WESLEY WOOODALLLL
are you going to see Tim and Eric tonight? I caught them in Charlotte last night, ****ing priceless.

ss118

Smash Master
YO I NEED SOME FOOTAGE FOR MY YOUNG LINK / DK VIDEOS SO ANYONE WHO WANTS IN, PLEASE PLAY ME AT THIS TOURNEY (assuming my laptop friend Mazen comes along)
if I come wanna DK ditto? though don't hold me to that, as the rest of the GA community will tell you ._.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
if I come wanna DK ditto? though don't hold me to that, as the rest of the GA community will tell you ._.
**** yeah man DK dittos are the absolute ****
I would love to play against DK with Young Link as well if you like ^_^

TORNAAAAAAAAAAADE
I need to find an exotic team partner for this ****

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
articanus, just show up to a tournament.
it's not that hard.

C......

Smash Apprentice
i should definately be here somehow, not sure how yet tho

btw sry PB for not makin it to impact clash

Top Bottom