• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Smash is Too Good

demodemo

Smash Ace
dsmash is good for getting your opponent away quickly to do things like........transform

seriously watching falcon live to 200%+ hurt, and if you really are being one of those dedicated sheik mainers, for the love of god use upsmash X______X

pretty good still

-dMT-

Smash Lord
dsmash is good for getting your opponent away quickly to do things like........transform

seriously watching falcon live to 200%+ hurt, and if you really are being one of those dedicated sheik mainers, for the love of god use upsmash X______X

pretty good still
Nah, actually I'm a Sheik/Zelda user. This match was for the lulz. I basically went out of my way to dsmash and the more it succeeded the more I did it, we were all laughing; it was fun.

Seriously tho, does dsmash have good priority above it or what? XD

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Heh, nice to see good use of D-Smash's 4-frame hit and nicely sized hitbox. I liked the use of the FD Wall Stall and the Chain for mindgames during the match, but gotta get those kills started around 150% (or gimp since its Captain Falcon) to save you some effort :) Transform, a well spaced and set-up'ed F-Smash, F-Tilt > U-Smash, Vanish KO, Chain-Hog, or a DACUS would be nice KO options. Or my favorite, double F-Air edge guard vs. Falcon's gimpable recoveries.

*Edit* Yeah, the priority is pretty good :D But don't forget to use Sheik's awesome tricks and mindgames to get those spectacular kills :D Of course, I did enjoy seeing a VERY poorly DI'ed D-Smash at the end-- classic.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sure Sheik was nerfed in the transition to Brawl, but one reason I like her more now is she is FUN. I love gimp kills, and well timed vanish kills/mindgames.

From your advice, stealthsushi, I can presume that we think alike. When I get better means of recording, I''ll upload more of my competitive matches. I just couldn't wait for this specific match tho b/c I basically let loose and went on a rampage, and got interesting results :D

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I believe we do share similarities in our love for Sheik. I mained her in Melee, but I like her Brawl incarnation so much more. More variety, more skill, more fun :) I'd love to see your competitive matches in the future; there's just so many styles of Sheik that are possible!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Brawl came out and I explored. I picked mains, discarded Sheik. Ultimately though, I just gave in. No escaping Sheik. She's gonna be top tier in Brawl, I'm gonna do my best to get her up there ( eve if she'll need Zelda's help >_>)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Uh no, the only reason the D-smash worked that well is because you're going against Falcon, who sucks. <<

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Nothing wrong cutting loose once and a while as it's how you learn and make new ways of fighting with your characters moves

I've personal have had quite a few splurge of using selective moves by using them more then needs like the fsmash, dtilt, and the upsmash. Currently, I'm using ^B excessively and because of that like everything else I'm getting better faster then if I were to only used it normally.

Next on the list will most likely be the chain nonsense but I'm just having too much fun using the ^B as much as I do to stop which might mean it will become a permanent part of my game play.

In serious matches you should never have to test anything outside of opponents abilities to react if even that so doing this style of training equipped me with more knowledge of what sheik is capable of.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
naa most down smashes make you move weird if your ducking while your hit with it. thats what happened with falcon its not just that "falcon sucks" lol.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
yah... captain has really bad priority while he's in the air except for his uair, so the dsmash seems to always connect XD that's funny :] i laughed when his b up connected with you 3 times in one match >.< its like you ran into it hahaha

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You guys need to stop repeating what the others have said about captain falcon

The downsmash has good priority not great but it is dependable as I use it to stop some characters aerials attacks.

I also recall that it ties with Marth fsmash.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
d-smash is also very useful against the many roll spammers out there, thanks to its long duration.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
odd that when ROB sidesteps the dsmash at the proper time he can dodge the whole duration of the dsmash and use his dsmash on you... which has crazy knockback. (better di that thing -_-)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
odd that when ROB sidesteps the dsmash at the proper time he can dodge the whole duration of the dsmash and use his dsmash on you... which has crazy knockback. (better di that thing -_-)
Question:

When DIing ROB's dsmash, is DI'ing up enough, or must on also smash DI?

Basically do I hold up, repeatedly smash up, or hold stick up AND smash c stick up?

Top Bottom