• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles tourney With link and Young link

LinkMaster08

Smash Rookie
Well this sunday and Feb 17th im going to doubles tourneys me and my friend are Going and he uses Y link (with unstoppable skill) and i use link. we both have mastered these charaters and wouldnt choose any other chacter for the world.

so i need you guys help on some team combo's or rescue strats we could use with each other since most likely team attack will be on.

any adviice at all that could help us win make as long as you want.

thanks

~F.E.A.R

Deva

Smash Lord
I play teams with my brother's Y.Link pretty often so here's my input. Careful of the double projectile spam. It works wonders but only if you make sure not to hit your partner. Another strategy would be to have Y.Link do most of the spamming while Link does the close raange combat since Y.Link's projectiles have more stun and Link is better at comboing without projectiles for the most part. Mainly jump over each other's projectiles so they hit the opponent and combo using the other player's projectiles instead of just your own. It's the only time Link has a chance to do a bomb plant since you'd be using Y.Link's bomb:laugh: . Also boomerang off the edge to either player helps for recovery.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'd prefer to Bomb your ally to return because they can DI off of it, it NEVER comes back at the last second, and it pops them up further. Other than that, basic team stuff, especially guarding the edge when your friend is coming back; make sure nobody interupts his recovery.

Top Bottom