• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles strategies

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
Double puff - keep resting continuously one at a time and jab each other to stop the downtime. Funny when it works really well on noobs :laugh:

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Use Samus's gun to recharge Ness's life. I believe it takes off -30%. Works most the time.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Building on Mike's post:

Luigi, Mario, Samus, Ness, Kirby, Fox, and Pika all have projectiles that can be absorbed by Ness.

Kirby and Fox team can let Kirby absorb Fox for short-hop Triple Lasers. Combined with Fox's SHDLs, you can easily go on either side of the stage and laser camp both opponents easily, especially if neither opponent is Fox or Ness.

DK & DK in a 2v1 can cargo release into the other DK's grab. It's really lame... but it can be done.

Kirby up-tilt (or other similar move) into Puff's rest, Luigi's up-B, DK's punch, Falcon Punch, etc.

Fox laser shot off-stage to hit a recovering teammate, thus allowing him to use his recovery again (and again, and again).

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Use one DK to grab like an *** and throw away, to split the opponents team in two, then beat the cr@p out of the other one in 2 vs 1, preferibly along a char like fox or pika

Edit: Works better on small stages. Hyrule is a big stage and often a good strategy is to be gay and camp on the right side

Nintendude

Smash Hero
One of my favorite things to do is be Jigglypuff and stand about a roll's length away from an opponent being pressured by my teammate. Then I simply wait for the person to roll away and Rest. It's not a practical strategy against good players but noobs fall for it all the time.

yeah buddy

Smash Rookie
Any strategies on convincing ignorant mafks to play with team attack on? They say if they wanted to be able to hit everyone they'd play ffa -.-

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This topic will be used to discuss doubles strategies.
this thread is bad and you should feel bad

jk, I was streaming and I thought it would be funny mocking all the elitists in the 64 board

s2j is getting his panties in a bunch over nothing again

D

Deleted member

a good strategy is double kirby, going left side of hyrule and doing up-tilts with each kirby covering each other's blindspot

near why are you attacking me for no reason? i just listed a strategy

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
oh right. Forgot about his down-B stars :p
I never knew the stars from yoshi down b could be absorbed by ness =O that's pretty cool. Very rare that you'd actually use it in game, but still cool.

Doubles is fun to play and there's really a lot that can be done.. a lot of this stuff discussed here isn't very common in actual gameplay, or hard to do.

Knowing when a good time to attack each player is, or to switch who you're attacking if you've got 2 separate 1v1 battles going. If one team has both players on the outside and the other team is on the inside of them (not necessarily close to each other), it's fun if one of the players on the outside smashes the player say from the right side to the left, then the person who did the smash attack immediately goes for the other player while the other outside teammate hits the guy with an uair or something as he flies over from being hit, to start a little combo. It's kinda like saying, "here you go, your turn with this guy" kinda thing.

There's team saves which are very fun, and then there's edguarding and reverse edge guarding (attacking the players who are trying to edge guard your teammate). It's very helpful when you yourself are playing as a character like ness or link, get thrown off the stage, and to have your teammate attacking the players so that you have a better chance of survival. Especially if it's the last stock for either player.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Kirby's fthrow to a pika thunder at the pinnacle of kirbys throw for an insta kill is pretty cool. Utilting with anyone to a spike from the teammate and repeating can be done on Hyrule using the platform as a ladder is pretty cool too, especially when ending with a upsmash

blaze3927

Smash Ace
ditto ness's

*edge guarding (only useful if you have time or just on one enemy)
one applying pressure with ph thunder, other one floating high for a spike
Hyrule- offensive edge guard pk thunder 2

*Heal each other pk fire (not that great)

Luigi ditto's
*double firepunch on hyrule tower (judas/sweet revenge trademark)

*team dair on shields all day

dk ditto's
*cargo hold to whatever, you hold i smash/spike (xD me n leo trademark)

fox ditto's
*laser walll...LAME

kirby ditto's
*neut b is great fun

jiggly puff.
*need someone spamming telport sing/sing

in general hyrule:

if you want to win try to make 2 on 1 situations by trying to keep someone on the other side, with throws smashes etc.
Grabs give you quite a bit of time to plan especially with dk
drill kicks are nearly broken when team attack is off

that sums up my small knowledge

asianaussie

Smash Hero
*playing Leo and miscellaneous person*
*Paused by P3*
<Leo> U HOLD I SMASH OR VICE VERSA
<Leo> sorry caps
<Leo> u hold i smash or vice versa
*resume*
*profound lack of holding and smashing*

Battlecow

Play to Win
When you're 2v1'ing, Falcon grabs and waits while other falcon charges a Falcon Punch. Great fun.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
a good strategy is double kirby, going left side of hyrule and doing up-tilts with each kirby covering each other's blindspot

near why are you attacking me for no reason? i just listed a strategy
lol for calling me a "******", but it seems like you edited your post and removed that part of the original post.

It's always fun to mock those "this thread is bad and you should feel bad" people and besides, Koro and I joke around all the time.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Good strategy: Pick Pikachu.

Seriously though, Fox or Pikachu would be great in teams. They have projectiles and great recovery so they can pressure and not die as fast.

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
My friend and i do alot of team saving...he plays link with his awful recovery and i sometimes have to go out and hit him so he can reuse his recovery...racks up dmg but hey its better than a life

dandan

Smash Lord
Good strategy: Pick Pikachu.

Seriously though, Fox or Pikachu would be great in teams. They have projectiles and great recovery so they can pressure and not die as fast.
fox has great recovery... i do not think so.
though i still like kirby fox teams the best, kirby with lazers is stupidly good... and stupid :)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Pika's projectile is awful. Worse than Luigi's imo, especially when compared to KIRBY LASERS

Short hop triple lasers are bloody broken. Imagine two Kirbies shooting barrages at you <_<

asianaussie

Smash Hero
He totally is, except for when I down-B to try grab a bomb CONSTANTLY.
I do the exact same thing >_>

*throw boomerang, get bomb, throw bomb, catch boomerang, get bomb, throw bomb/boomerang, throw remaining one, approach with malice*

Walls of projectiles are fun.

The Star King

Smash Hero
TBH Kirby is like 2 times as fun with most abilities, like seriously, I don't even know why. Sometimes though, getting the abilities is a MAJOR pain (unless your teammate has a good ability), and losing them is frustrating =[

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's not hard, you can easily bait them into the vacuum that is Kirby's mouth. Just start a pivot smash/grab/whatever and press B instead.

Top Bottom