• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Link in Teams(2v2s)

D

Deleted member

Me and Torin did a double Toon Link team at Topmost and destroyed pretty much everybody.
Toon link and Link in a team, or any combination of the Links works fantastically in teams.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
my two brothers did a double link against m2k and dj nintendo in early december and m2k admitted to me that it was extremely difficult to play against because of the lack of mobility.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
my two brothers did a double link against m2k and dj nintendo in early december and m2k admitted to me that it was extremely difficult to play against because of the lack of mobility.
Is this part of the reason as to why he said Link is God tier in PM? lol

SleepyTRex

Smash Cadet
Link is so good in teams he can throw **** at fools messing with your teammate and also good recovery so more time for your teammate to tell and edgeguarder to **** off lol

Also Dairing a grabbed opponent so good

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Double Link is amazing! My friend and I are going Team Hyrule in Shuffle next month. Link and Zelda but Double Link would be even better. Wish he played Link too but Team Hyrule is good enough I presume.... :D

Kudos for the double Link again btw.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
The only real problem I saw was when you all got close to one another. You already stated that but since Link needs space he certainly does not need to be close to his opponent but that just comes with teaming. Sorry I cant give too much feedback but it seemed like a solid team. :) The thing to do is to just read better but that comes with playing the game more so in short term just practice more! But for real good job :)
I enjoyed the matches. Almost brought it back on that first match.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
AeroLink the Soul Master and I are teaming at Play a Real Game 2 tomorrow! (featuring players such as Oracle, Sethlon, Denti, Dakpo, and Awestin):
http://smashboards.com/threads/road...-pm-100-pot-bonus.345072/page-3#post-16264331

If we manage to get the streaming to work, it will happen on this page:
http://www.twitch.tv/blinkv

Our team has been sort of a secret project for a little over a month now (aka. The Biforce). Hopefully, we perform well and make you guys proud.

On the topic of Link teams, Team Link's weaknesses are when they're stuck next to each other and don't want to be, or when one Link is still recovering (our recoveries are slow). Link can kind of keep 2 people away, but he doesn't have the speed to keep constantly running away, so he has to set up a really good wall when alone. When the Link's are stuck next to each other, they can't even reliably do their own up close options without hurting the other. This requires really good team work and recognition of which Link should shield in order to overcome this weakness.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
AeroLink the Soul Master and I are teaming at Play a Real Game 2 tomorrow! (featuring players such as Oracle, Sethlon, Denti, Dakpo, and Awestin):
http://smashboards.com/threads/road...-pm-100-pot-bonus.345072/page-3#post-16264331

If we manage to get the streaming to work, it will happen on this page:
http://www.twitch.tv/blinkv

Our team has been sort of a secret project for a little over a month now (aka. The Biforce). Hopefully, we perform well and make you guys proud.

On the topic of Link teams, Team Link's weaknesses are when they're stuck next to each other and don't want to be, or when one Link is still recovering (our recoveries are slow). Link can kind of keep 2 people away, but he doesn't have the speed to keep constantly running away, so he has to set up a really good wall when alone. When the Link's are stuck next to each other, they can't even reliably do their own up close options without hurting the other. This requires really good team work and recognition of which Link should shield in order to overcome this weakness.
Good luck to you and your teammate sir. May the Biforce be with you. xP

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Just got home. We (more like I) sort of under performed. We didn't break top 3 in teams. I felt like both of us were in a singles mood for whatever reason and our synergy wasn't where it's been in the past. May have to think of a back up plan for teams with Squirtles on them.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Heh, so you guys are the Biforce of which the legends speak. heh. I think double Link is probably one of the best teams if both Link mains know their characters in and out...and know their partner the same way. I partner with a fellow Link main here and we have yet to be defeated as it is flipping ridiculous. You can combo off of each others moves just as easily as you could combo someone by yourself.

Top Bottom