• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Jump Super Armor

Scala

Smash Ace
After playing around a bit I noticed that yoshi's super armor doesn't penetrate all attacks. I was able to DJ -> uair through tlink's dair, but not through G&W's dair.

I propose a list of attacks which his super armor can for sure penetrate, because knowledge is the key to winning. If I know that I can't go through certain character's spikes, I sure as hell am gonna avoid them whereas I might have tried to penetrate and died instead.

So if you guys think this is a good idea I'll start updating this thread with your results hoping to have a functional list going.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
his double jump defense is based on percentage as well as attack power. I believe sweetspotting would be a factor as well. Too much work to do this :/. Any takers?

bigman40

Smash Master
It's also getting the move out during so that you aren't hit (after the DJ). The reason why it happens some time is because some atks are continuously hitting all the way. Link's Dair bounces him up before he hits again (or you may have hit him, before you got hit again). That's why you couldn't penetrate GW's Dair, cause he doesn't get any bounce, nor does it give a quick break from hitting.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yoshi can penetrate G&W's Dair using your Uair, but it depends on how long G&W leaves his key out (I guess it gets less priority the longer its out?) cause at the beginning of his fall he's pretty much unstoppable but I've killed a few in the middle of their dair when they'd use it to return to the level quickly it can be confusing and I'm not entirely sure how it works but I've gone through the Dair with a Uair and they've punctured my Uair with a Dair.

bigman40

Smash Master
That's how it's supposed to be for most atks. You can get it to hit if you can probably time it DIRECTLY after getting hit, because you'll still be getting hit technically (I think). But if you time it wrong, then GW's Dair can beat you out of it (for some odd reason).

Depster

Smash Champion
The only thing I don't get priority over in ganon's Dair. G&W, Shiek, Sonic, TL, Link, Bowser, Yoshi, falco, fox, all those people with great, speedy downward moves get ownt by the Uair

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
i've played g&w countless times (my buddy mains him, he's not too great with him...) but i've hit him with uair w/ SA. you have to hit g&w character model, not the key directly. g&w kinda sticks out from his key, and you'll probably take damage from the extended hitbox, but you'll still be able to land a uair. timing is also very important on this.

but the best defense against the key is a vertical egg toss. if you don't have time for that, just simply move out of the way, no need to shield roll away, cause then you won't be able to throw a dash attack at him. i only go for the uair when i'm looking for the KO.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It works just like Melee.

Go to the Melee boards and read up on Bringer's guide if you do not know how the double jump works.

There is no "super armor" active during this jump.

Top Bottom