• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dookdigity's Made of Awesome SSB64/Brawl Tournament! - Feb 28th - Mesa, AZ

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I accidentally posted this before I was intending, so I am currently editing it.
Dookdigitys Made of Awesome It's Time For Change Let's Have a Gay ol' Time (no-homo) Tournament Great Job!

*post will be undergoing massive edits within the next few days. If you have any questions just ask.*

Date: Saturday, Feb 28th, 2008
Time: Register 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: The House of dookdigity > 420 S. Barkley - 85204 - Mesa, Arizona <click for map

Pre-Register Here! http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=223315

Come one come all to the awesome spectacle this tournament is going to be. But be aware that this is going to be unlike any other tournament you have EVER attended.

This Tournament will be
Made of Awesome: Why? Because it IS!
A Time for Change - Since these are times of CHANGE (Obama, Cardinals in Superbowl, New Year etc) this tournament will be paid entirely with CHANGE. All fees from the house price to the events will be paid entirely in quarters, pennies, dimes etc. If I see a single dollar bill you will then have to pay for all the trees that were cut down to make it/their souls - GOING GREEN - my last name is Green so we are going GREEN too.
A Gay ol' Time (no-homo) - This tournament was built on the foundation of Fun. Nothing against Homosexuals, I am just not one of them. I didn't want to come off the wrong way.
Great Job - GJ

Prices of things
General Overview - ***Read "How to Discount" for information on how to get discounts on prices***
Entry Fee $10.00Can be discounted down to $1.00
Brawl/SSB64 Singles Tournament $3.00Can be discounted down to $2.00
Brawl/SSB64 Doubles $2.00 per teammateCan be discounted down to $1.00 per teammate

Setups:
Bring a TV = -$5.00 off your fees, Bring an N64 or Wii and that takes another -$5.00 off the fees.
I have room for 8 Setups (TV with Brawl) inside my house and 4 SSB64 setups (TV with 64) in my backyard. Depending on how many people come we could move some of the SSB64 setups inside. IF I had a preference I would have everything inside. Hopefully we can make this happen :) I have made a list of people who claim they can bring setups

Televisions -

1. dookdigity
2. dookdigity
3. dookdigity
4. AquaSloth
5. ****
6. dookdigity
7. Maddog Cannon
8. Pixie
9. DarkShifter
10. Zardus - 2 TVs?
11. Lockdown

Wii w/ copy of Brawl -
1. dookdigity
2. Kira
3. ****
4. Pixie
5. Moo
6. Starking
7. Zardus
8. Lockdown
9. DarkShifter

Nintendo 64 w/ copy of SSB64 -
1. dookdigity
2. AquaSloth
3. B-Rex
4. B-Rex

List of Atendees -

Brawl Events -
  1. dookdigity
  2. Justin Kamikazee
  3. Jard
  4. Lockdown
  5. Girku - Needs ride from Flagstaff
  6. Kira
  7. GOLD
  8. Bryce Roberts
  9. EEF
  10. ****
  11. Rugoodat
  12. BigRay
  13. DarkShifter
  14. Adict
  15. Flying Chunk
  16. Anaki
  17. PhxDragon54
  18. YZON
  19. Remie
  20. Pixie
  21. Moo
  22. Slick
  23. Starking
  24. Yummy!
  25. Candy
  26. Saffy

SSB64 Events -
  1. dookdigity
  2. Jazzy
  3. Lockdown
  4. AquaSloth
  5. An Pham
  6. Max Lane
  7. Muerte
  8. Rubberman
  9. KillaCam
  10. Rugoodat
  11. Kyle Greene
  12. B-Rex
  13. Jerk Lerkins
  14. Maddog Cannon
  15. Ernest Saco
  16. Brett Lane
  17. Timeliest Brute
  18. Ben Rush
  19. Tedwerd
  20. Sven
  21. Matt Austin
  22. Logan Kost
  23. Sparks
  24. Bothwell
  25. Spicy Italian
  26. TheColtMaster
  27. Buddy
  28. Starking

House Rules These are IMPORTANT:
  • Drinks are allowed AS LONG AS they have a screw on cap. If your drink does not have a cap then you must drink it at the food table that will be set up outside! I have been to far too many tournaments to see how easy it is to spill and stain carpet. So NO OPEN DRINKS INSIDE!
  • Bring your own controller! You will need it to play!
  • No Alcoholic beverages or Narcotics, PERIOD
  • If you need to smoke please go to the curb by the street
  • Keep any cursing/foul language to a minumum
  • No fighting/arguing will be tolerated. We are here to have fun, not to go at each others throats
  • Please take showers before coming. Don't want a stinky house.
  • Be respectful to everyone and the house and we should be fine
Smash 64 Rules and Regulations:

Singles:
  • 5 stock
  • No Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Double Elimination
  • All matches are best 2 out of 3. So first person to win 2 rounds wins the match. Winners Finals, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals are all best 3 out of 5. First team to have 3 wins claims victory of the match.
  • 1st round characters are chosen by a Blind Pick at Hyrule Castle (Link's Stage)
  • 2nd/3rd round begin with the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picks their character, and then the previous loser picks their character
  • You may not pick a stage that you have previously won in the set
  • Banned Stages: Peaches Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Planet Zebes
  • *remaining* pot money will be split 60-30-10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place competitors
Doubles:
  • Same rules and stages apply from Singles
  • Team Attack ON
  • Stock Sharing IS allowed
  • *remaining* pot money will be split 60-30-10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams

Brawl Rules and Regulations:

Singles and Doubles
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack ON
  • Double elimination
  • Best out of 3 wins the match for normal matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are all best out of 5.
  • ALL infinites are allowed
  • First round will be chosen by the strike out system. Each team takes a turn selecting the stage they don't want to play from the list of neutral stages until they both agree on the first stage they will play. 2nd and 3rd round will be chosen by the losing team of the previous round. A team can not chose a stage they have previously won on.
  • Each team has the right to ban 1 stage for the match
  • Stalling: Don't be dumb and stall for several minutes. If it is at the end of the match that is one thing, but several minutes of stalling is being very wasteful with minutes, and that can hurt the environment
  • All other AZ tournament rules apply
  • *remaining* pot money will be split 60-30-10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place competitors

How to Discount Prices!

I want this tournament to be fun! That is why everyone has the chance to get into the tournament for literally PENNIES AND DIMES! Here is a list of certain things you can do to shed the dollars off. (Each applies to all categories - Entry fees for house and events)

- $1.00

• impersonate your favorite "Smash Taunt" (Show me your moves etc.)
  • Guess a person's weight within 10 lbs (person will be chosen on the spot)
  • Wear glasses w/o lenses
  • wear a shoelace for a belt
  • Black out one of your teeth
  • part your hair down the middle of your head
  • wear a shirt that relates to video games
  • recite your favorite rap lyric
  • Give me a quarter

-$2.00

• Wear (or marker in) a Wario mustache on your lip
  • Wear fake blood
  • Run around my house in 14 seconds
  • Bring your favorite Pokemon card/action figure/article of clothing

-$3.00
  • run around my house under 12 seconds
  • paint pikachu whiskers on your cheeks
  • wear a cape or a mask at entry door (cape must stay on entire tournament)
  • Wear toe socks (each toe has a "sleeve")
  • wear cutoff jeans that end above your knees

-$4.00 l33t list

• wear an entire halloween costume
  • force a female to come
  • ride your bike to the tournament

YES YES Save your MONIES. If you do not wish to do any of these things then you must pay the $10.00 entry fee and Event fees IN FULL. NO exceptions. Participate or DIE. The reason for the House Entry Fee is to help pay for the Trophies that were hand made by the master dookdigity (myself). Trust me they weren’t that cheap to make and they are made of awesome! Top three players (teams) in each event will receive a trophy to show for their l33tness and the 60-30-10 split from the pot to help pay for your WoW monthly fees.

*List is subject to change and more than likely to update daily*

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The mining of metals to make (lol triple M) coins creates (lol double C) much more pollution than the creation of dollar bills (which are actually made of cotton and linen [no paper], much easier to renew than precious metals). ()()([][][()][]

You should make a money match list and put me on it :)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
The mining of metals to make (lol triple M) coins creates (lol double C) much more pollution than the creation of dollar bills (which are actually made of cotton and linen [no paper], much easier to renew than precious metals). ()()([][][()][]

You should make a money match list and put me on it :)
The world exists the way I see it.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
woot, i pre-registered

Yeah, i rly hope i can find a ride lol.

and are you srsly srs about the paying without bills thing? <_< lol

oh and, to confirm, is it the 28th or 21st? o.o

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I will be taking challenges for $1 random money matches from anyone who would like to mm me. Let me know in advance if you want to MM me.

EEF

Smash Rookie
EFF shold be EEF lol, i'm gonna cry....yay my first post ^^

i'm gonna be the noob that everybody points at and says, oh wow look at this noob

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The 28th is a local Brawl tournament where I'm basically guaranteed to win (I'm cocky when it comes to Tucson, sorry) $100 and a golden R.O.B.

There won't be enough prize money at your tourney for me to cover gas :( Even if I were to get 1st which is highly unlikely. If somebody takes me there for free though I'll go.

Sorry I'm missing out again even though you changed the date :(((

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I wish the play n trade in phoenix had some good prizes like that. :( Or even tournaments, for that matter.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If you have the tourney in the bag, you should just call it a tourney-bag. Abbreviate it if possible. And yayyyy SMRPG Toad.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Lol, that doesn't make sense, as I literaly haven't won yet. maybe I could say I'm going to have a tourney bag on the 28th.. XD >.<

But yeah, toad in general FTW lol. hmm, maybe I should finish SMRPG :p

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Rofl cuz im an idiot
I couldn't be dumber.
College acepting me was a fluke.
XD

no lol but srsly.. cuz i was too busy smashing ! :p

no..lol, actually srsly.. cuz i was lazy D:

and if you do go.. MMs? lol

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
mike put me down!! i can bring 2 n64s with 2 copies of smash!!
Sweet d00d. hit up the pre-register link at the top and have your friends who are going do the same. I might need some other help from you. I will inform you about it later.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
1. About the tournament being small: Yes I am planning on it. Around 30 entrants for brawl and 30 for 64 would be ideal.
2. About Money Matches: I am planning on having 4 setups for friendlies and Money Matches. 2 for 64 and 2 for Brawl. So everyone can get their game on and have fun!
3. If this is your first tournament: I hope you have a blast! That is the purpose of this tournament. The fees being low and only being able to pay with change is for kicks. I am planning on doing this monthly and in the future I will change up the theme each time.
4. Reminder: I need more tv's! If anyone has a 13 inch tv or something small like that then it would be perfect! Please let me know who else can bring them! You get $5.00 fees for each tv or console you bring :)
5. Don't hesitate to ask me questions either. I am easy going and only want the best experience for everyone. If you haven't met me yet please introduce yourself or say hello when the tournament comes!

Top Bottom