• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't want to sound like a pest but...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Okay 3rd topic here. I don't want to start a 200 pg topic so...

Brawl is still in it's early stages but... Does anyone else think nothing big will happen from now on? No it's not a negative thing, but I need something spontaneous to happen.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It depends:

MK not banned: MK will dominate...forever
MK banned: Who knows?

****ed...NOT ANOTHER MK DISCUSSION!!!

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I think there is alot left to be learned. Not only in the case of AT's but in Playstyle, character match ups etc. There were new things discovered in Melee years after it was released. Maybe there wont be any gamebreaking At's discoveered but as years progress so will players general skill level and understanding of the game.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I dont think giant, universal breakthrough techs will be found, but smaller, char exclusive ones will. And more characters will hopwfully be used, and we'll (hopefully) have a varied Metagame

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I dont think giant, universal breakthrough techs will be found, but smaller, char exclusive ones will. And more characters will hopwfully be used, and we'll (hopefully) have a varied Metagame
...and then I can travel to a magical faraway place, where the sun is always shining, and the air smells like war root beer, and the towels are oh-so fluffy.

Look, most likely, with the exception of a few small things like Link's new ghetto glide toss, the only room for improvement is going to be in the areas of matchups and player-specific learning curves. So, as long as the community stays varied, we're going to be fine.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tell that to all the guys, who start pick up *you know who* just to win (lol Hylian...)
Uh...What? I have never picked up a character "Just to win". I've been playing a top tier character since a week after the game came out in japan(GW)..why would I need to do that? I pick up characters because I enjoy learning and to expand my knowledge on match-ups.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
pure and utter espect for this guys signature.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uh...What? I have never picked up a character "Just to win". I've been playing a top tier character since a week after the game came out in japan(GW)..why would I need to do that? I pick up characters because I enjoy learning and to expand my knowledge on match-ups.
That was not personally against you...you were...just an example of the countless players atraccted by MK.

Foxy

Smash Master
No major or even semi-significant breakthroughs will be made in Brawl's metagame. The engine only goes so far.

However I'm sure a few more tiny things will be found, just like how in Melee there are hundreds of little tricks of glitches that are scarcely known (as they weren't posted on a forum like the AT-mongering in Brawl).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I see a few underused characters becoming more tournament viable maybe. Snakeee is doing a great job with Zero Suit Samus. I think Pokemon Trainer has some untapped potential. Pit also. Lucario is underused too.

Noa.

Smash Master
Only strategies and mindgames will develop. A gamebreaking AT seems unlikely. It might happen though. Probably not. At all.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will be unlocked after 5.000.000 hours of Brawl.

Then... the apocalypsis.

Top Bottom