• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't rate my Ganon, just look at it go

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Just kidding, criticize the hell out of me if you want

These are all the same guy who swallowcided me 3 times in one match(I still won :D). His playstyle just ruins lots of my techniques. Hopefully I'll work around that soon.
These are all recent, but thx to namo, I'm gonna look bad :p. I'll post some vids with more technique soon (When I fight stilizskin again, hopefully today)

Chain grabbage = win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjyV6FBAiQ

Last second edgehogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJ2xnjeVVg

Fun with platform dashing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOz8_Ysomm0

I won? Yay for small enclosed spaces!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyXUb4iTNQ

Namo tried out Zelda today, and has to work some big kinks out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NvZw_G-KkQ

I don't remember how this one played out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtIY2rLPMEc

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well, I only watched the first two videos, but I got a decent idea about how your Gannon plays.

First thing I want to say is, very nice job. I didn't see any glaring weaknesses at all, you used all your moves very well. The only gripe I have is that quite a few time you just dashed in his face and used a dash attack. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but generally there are better approaches in most situations. In general though, you really did a great job. You also have to give yourself some credit, you were facing a sheik, and sheik has a great advantage over Gannon, however, your friend really isn't that great, so you actually probably had most of the advantage <_<.

The only advice I would have for you is that when you feel comfortable with it, to learn the edgehop wavedash. But that's not really necessary, it's more of a fine touch after you feel like you've completely mastered your character. That will come in time, whenever you feel really, really fluid with your Gannon. (I haven't actually learned it yet either <_<)

So, yeah. Keep up the good work, the more practice you get, the better your game will grow and evolve.

And I totally feel your pain about your friend picking characters that make you look bad, since Sheik's recovery totally owns reverse vulture kicks. It's the same way with my friend's ICs against my Falco, makes most of my strategy useless <_<

Kragen

Smash Ace
Less rolling, more WD and WL'ing.

That Sheik is bad. Don't you have any other opponents? Doesn't he play other chars?
Oh, and before you try to waveland on stage from an edgehop, try attacking from it before that, with Uair.

I disagree with Kada's last statement. Your char is at best when he can also handle the not-so-standard match ups. You need to think of something else to beat them.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The only advice I would have for you is that when you feel comfortable with it, to learn the edgehop wavedash. But that's not really necessary, it's more of a fine touch after you feel like you've completely mastered your character. That will come in time, whenever you feel really, really fluid with your Gannon. (I haven't actually learned it yet either <_<)
Thx for the feedback! I actually use the edgehop wavedash in other matches, but against namo, it seems to work against me. I haven't mastered the technique (I still miss about 1 out of 6), so a single suicide like that in a match against namo just isn't worth it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
wow.

what a strange ganon.

your tech skill is very good.

i cant shffl nearly as well.

but i still feel i can beat you.

you need to play people who want to progress and get better as much as you.

otherwise you will never develop mindgames.

everything seemed calculated and calculable.

be a bit more spontaneous.

it will make you seem faster.

i always knew where you were going.

maby make him play gannon himself so he will realize that aganst a good player you need mindgames so he will pratice them, and thus you.

also, use forwardB, downB, or an arial out of a chain grab.

one way to play smahs is like chess played X100 speed.

work on that part of your game.

good luck.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I know what you mean about being calculable (is that a word?), because every time I watch my videos, I know what I am about to do, and I know what they will do to counter it. The problem is that while fighting, I need to start thinking that far ahead. I fight mostly noobs, so most of my predictabilities have actually worked out in the past, so I guess I'm just so used to exploiting n00bs vulnerabilities. I noticed many times that I attempted Dairs from above and in front of Namo, allowing him to shield grab me. I will start landing them behind the opponent from now on (stiltzskin gets me with that alot)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
There's not a whole lot to be said about your tech skill; however, tech skill isn't the main obstacle with Ganon. It's mind games. That was a pretty bad Sheik, and even still, I could pretty much predict what you were going to do. It looks like you need to get out, get to some tournaments, and play some really good people. If you already do, then...do it some more! =P

Overall though a pretty decent Ganon that has potential.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Nah, I've only been to one crappy tournament, and it wasn't even using MLG standards. There were items, nothing but free-for-alls, and it sucked. I really want some tournament experience though, and I can't wait for one to show up nearby

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
If I was your friend Namo, I would request you taking those vid's off youtube. That's just not nice. You might as well be picking on a level 9 shiek, imo that is.

Your ganon's not too bad though definately shows some promise. But like Zenjamin said, you need to start playing people who want to progress as much as you. The more challenge the better you get.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Your ganons pretty good. You seem to have a good understanding of his tech skills. If you want to learn to think faster and farther ahead try playing stepmania. My friend ISD plays it and he used to own the crap out of me. He said that he plays it to get his brain to process faster because he said that the faster you can think the better you will be. I don't know if this is true but now my friend says that he is scared to play my ganon even though he still wins a fair amount.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
If you want to learn to think faster and farther ahead try playing stepmania. My friend ISD plays it and he used to own the crap out of me. He said that he plays it to get his brain to process faster because he said that the faster you can think the better you will be.
I don't need stepmania, i'm a pump it up pro. I play on crazy mode. I even use stepmania to practice piu. It doesn't work for smash, because learning to play stepmania uses the same principles as learning to read. Each arrow being like a letter, and the pattern being like a word, then your brain just sends the signals to your feet. Not much conscious thought necessary. In smash, you need to learn how people think and study their movements to get in their head. Then you can play faster, I think.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
I mean playing stepmania makes you read ahead, well thats how it works for me atleast. Also I play it on my psp so I could get my thumbs moving faster.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Well, I suppose doing it on your psp would increase thumb speed, but for me, not mind speed (regarding smash). I use my psp primarily for emulation, but now I'm considering getting stepmania on there to help my finger dexterity.

I still don't know if it will work, considering that I have nerve damage in my right thumb from a fight, and the motion is limited and slower than my left...I hate people who can't control their bipolar rage, they ruin my gaming ability.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I know it's been said... but that Sheik isn't very good. Too many instances where you could've easily been punished on your recovery.

As for Ganon; I saw too many Down+B's as an attack (only watched the first one, and a little of the vs. Zelda's, which I'll get to). It's a good surprise attack, but I reccomend using it at high percents. It has some beastly knockback at around 80%+. Good ledgehop+uairs. I can't get those yet. I keep falling. >_< Overall, pretty nice.

As for your friend, he should look at Zelda and or Sheik videos. Get an idea on how they should be played. If you want links for Zelda, PM me sometime. My girlfriend plays a wicked Zelda. She doesn't do too many advanced techniques, and the videos are a little old... but it's a good place for a Zelda player to start. And FYI...

She beats me all the time. :-D

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I don't do random Wizard feet any more, b/c I get punished horribly by pro players. Now I'm having trouble getting through pill mazes and edgegaurding doc.

Githyanki

Smash Rookie
not bad

but certainly not good. like others have said, your mind games are minimal. after watching one of your videos, i knew what you were going to do in the next video. you're a tad predictable.

on top of that, your tech isn't fully developed either. i'm no pro, but, like my tech, yours is far from complete. i noticed you had a lot of trouble with l-canceling. your wavedash and edgedash are both executed really well, but if you can't l-cancel with ganon, you're going to run into some serious problems.

having said both of those statements, my final observation comes from who you are playing. and to be honest, they were bad. that shiek was probably the worst shiek i've seen in a while. a mediocre shiek runs circles around ganon. a good shiek doesn't let ganon move.

MIND GAMES! L-CANCEL! THESE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'll post some recent vids soon, my mindgames have been developing a bit. I still miss l-cancels occasionally because of the lag from hitting an attack, but not to often. Thx for the comments though

Top Bottom