• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Hurt My Baby! (feat. B-team crew battle between Tucson & Phoenix!)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
A 5 v 5 crew battle Phoenix vs Tucson? Frikkin awesome.

Phoenix is going to 15 stock Tucson, assuming they are even going to touch the first guy. They probably aren't and its going to end up being a JV 16 stock :denzel::denzel::denzel:.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
I will help enforce the time restrictions. The problem I see happen is postponing events because people can't show up at a certain time. The tournament before last didn't start doubles until 3 because there were not enough TV's and only GV7 and a few others were there around 12. Phoenix needs to show up at 12 and bring set ups. Tucson arrives around 1230 every time. If there aren't enough people at 1pm for Doubles then Double's wont be ran and we will just have friendlies until 330pm. We will be cutting people if they don't place well in pools and that is to make sure I never have to leave at 230am again.
dont cut ppl from the tourney if the place badly in pools. i got a freakin stacked pool and i got cut from the tourney because of it. just let them get out in the brackets. and saffy is right about getting the tourney on time

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
im freaking excited for the b team 5v5.

phoenix should be

saffy
zynetic
ss
nazo
ominous

thats what i can think of so far i need to see more names.

Saffy

Smash Ace
im freaking excited for the b team 5v5.

phoenix should be

saffy
zynetic
ss
nazo
ominous

thats what i can think of so far i need to see more names.
You must want Phoenix to lose. :I
Btw Ominous most likely won't be at this.. he works two jobs + School is coming up.

k9.

Smash Ace
well lets see who they might throw out first, so we can match the skill.

Saffy

Smash Ace
my snake will **** on everyone .

Also crew or 5 v 5 should be after doubles and singles. Doubles and Singles should take priority.

If I can get my laptop fixed before the tournament then I will come with TIO and help run the tournament to ensure it runs quicker and smoother.... and starts on time.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
dont cut ppl from the tourney if the place badly in pools. i got a freakin stacked pool and i got cut from the tourney because of it. just let them get out in the brackets. and saffy is right about getting the tourney on time
I don't see why we wouldn't cut a few people after pools, most other states do it and it gives pools a little more meaning than just "warm-up and placement matches". I think it makes players take pools more seriously and makes it feel like Bracket is actually worth fighting to get into.

That's just my opinion of course, I don't really see the point in having pools if nothing happens besides placement in Bracket, because we can predict that with or without pools.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why we wouldn't cut a few people after pools, most other states do it and it gives pools a little more meaning than just "warm-up and placement matches". I think it makes players take pools more seriously and makes it feel like Bracket is actually worth fighting to get into.

That's just my opinion of course, I don't really see the point in having pools if nothing happens besides placement in Bracket, because we can predict that with or without pools.
I completely agree with Aaven. There are two options. The first is we run pools normally and cut people who don't place high enough and the second option is to not run pools at all so everyone can play and we just create a bracket. Either way works and will cut down time.
For the B team crew battle this is somewhat of a list for Tucson:
Tommy ( If he can make it and he want's to participate)
Jane (If he can make it and he want's to participate)
Z
Wafty (If he can make it and he want's to participate)
Lance

Our backups could be: Mike Eyy, Relic, Chris Bell, and if Derp shows up he could fit on the list somewhere

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
i will be making it. and i will participate. also K9 thats not matching our skill, man im insaulted.... Sleeping on Wafty i see... whatever we got this ez pwn :Dahahahahahah might wanna bring our rave and gv7 next time

Saffy

Smash Ace

All pools does at our tournaments is make singles start at 9 pm lol. It is nice to be able to play a bunch of people but it sucks having singles start so late.

I say either cut people from pools and take Top 16 or Top 24 to bracket, or don't do pools at all and just do bracket. I think everyone gets a good amount of friendlies considering how slow everything starts anyways lol.

My pool always has the same people in it too. I swear I have had to fight Lance and Prev in 3 back to back tournaments in pools. I always play the same people. Needs a mix up plx.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
My pool always has the same people in it too. I swear I have had to fight Lance and Prev in 3 back to back tournaments in pools. I always play the same people. Needs a mix up plx.
I know the feeling, I'm destined to play Kyle in pools at every tournament.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I wish I would play kyle in bracket <3 dhajskdhajks I'd die. In the 20 + Arizona tournaments I have played in... I never fought Kyle in bracket lmao. So dumb.

;o Hopefully we can team though Aaven unless your with yummy. I think we'd take top 3. :ike: :snake: headband team too good

Yummy!

Smash Apprentice
you guys seem excited so ill let you have aaven this time saffy ;o

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I wish I would play kyle in bracket <3 dhajskdhajks I'd die. In the 20 + Arizona tournaments I have played in... I never fought Kyle in bracket lmao. So dumb.

;o Hopefully we can team though Aaven unless your with yummy. I think we'd take top 3. :ike: :snake: headband team too good
I haven't heard anything from him yet, it's kind of difficult getting in touch with him. Snake and Ike are a hella fun team though, they KO and tank stocks so easily together.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't see why we couldn't cut people off from pools.

As for Tucson's Team it'll probably me Lance, Me, Tommy, Wafty, and up in the air between Relic, Herro, Jane etc.

I'm putting Relic and Herro higher priority over jane because they care more, they really wanna show their stuff and rep and Jane just sorta does his thing when he feels like it. Tommy does too, but I feel like his characters have more potential to eat stocks as opposed to Olimar.

are we doing this character locked? I think we should.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah honestly i'd rather have trevor or hector in rather than me for exactly those reasons. they actually care about this game. lol

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Alright, I'll figure it out when I get there depending on who shows up and needs a partner more, because I just can't choose between two awesome Doubles partners right now.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
For the late entry, could bringing a full setup give an exception? I think that the extra tv and wii will end up quickening tournaments more, even if they come late.

Im talking about calling ahead and being 20-30 minutes late though. Not showing up at 9pm

Oh and what about the pools only format?

Also its Sadpanda's birthday this day so if I can go I would like to get a doubles partner too, seeing as he might not come that early.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Jane care more :( i would love for you to play!

Zynetic and i will take 1st in doubles! We do so well as a team. Im excited for doubles

:phone:

k9.

Smash Ace
The reason why people usually see the same people in tourney is because the ranked players (our top 10) have to be seeded to play certain players, for example 1st seed plays 4th seed, meaning kyle would be seeded on the same side as stevo, and 2nd seed plays 3rd seed meaning i am seeded to face kira.

Doing the bracket is not easy to make you get to play whoever you want, and pools is the same way there is a special method to it, that is why you see the same people.

To change that you have to make upsets, that is what stevo did, yummy, me and kira and kyle did to get to the top, step up AZ!

Also for the crew battle our b team is going to have: Aaven,Saffy,Zynetik,Yoshiken,SS.

I WILL SIDE BET WITH ANYONE KYLE? Z? LANCE? RELIC? HERRO? 20 DOLLARS? 30 DOLLARS? 40? DOLLARS? 100 DOLLAZ?

PHX>TUSCON!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
The reason why people usually see the same people in tourney is because the ranked players (our top 10) have to be seeded to play certain players, for example 1st seed plays 4th seed, meaning kyle would be seeded on the same side as stevo, and 2nd seed plays 3rd seed meaning i am seeded to face kira.

Doing the bracket is not easy to make you get to play whoever you want, and pools is the same way there is a special method to it, that is why you see the same people.

To change that you have to make upsets, that is what stevo did, yummy, me and kira and kyle did to get to the top, step up AZ!

Also for the crew battle our b team is going to have: Aaven,Saffy,Zynetik,Yoshiken,SS.

I WILL SIDE BET WITH ANYONE KYLE? Z? LANCE? RELIC? HERRO? 20 DOLLARS? 30 DOLLARS? 40? DOLLARS? 100 DOLLAZ?

PHX>TUSCON!
Cool, I can **** with this =)

As far as side bet? I'll probably be throwing some cash into the crew battle itself so I'll pass.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
what would be even more amazing is a 10 v 10 doubles!!!! oh snap!!!!!!!!!!! also isnt kurtis pretty high to be on the b team?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
what would be even more amazing is a 10 v 10 doubles!!!! oh snap!!!!!!!!!!! also isnt kurtis pretty high to be on the b team?
Yeah actually when Tucson and I discussed this our opinion was PHX B-Team consisted of everyone below Yoshiken.

Personally i felt Yummy, but the peoeple I talked to felt anyone lower than Yoshiken is game

:edit: anyone lower than Yummy that is

lusiris

Smash Apprentice

PHX>TUSCON!
Doing the bracket with no one cut out from pools is just as hard as making a bracket with no pools at all. So we either should cut out pools all together or make it so people get cut out if the don't place high and we have only a 16 man bracket. Having a 16 man bracket means I could create a bracket in literally 5 minutes. I will do a side bet with you of $20. You have to put your money down first.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
so i can be on the b team?!?!?!?! im down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought b team were people that are not on the current PR haha

k9.

Smash Ace
Oh then we will change the squad to GV7, Yoshiken, Aaven, saffy and ss. GL to everyone in the crew battle.

@Lance 20 dollar side bet? ok.

Anyone else side bet?

Jane

Smash Hero
Jane care more :( i would love for you to play!
this game just isnt the right fit for me man. like its hard for me to watch a full set if it isnt AZ vs someone relevant. i'll still make it out to tourneys tho and contribute to az brawl in other ways.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would love to be part of the Phoenix B team, the fact that I get super nervous (and thus really sucky) when playing under pressure in front of large crowds, I'm more suited for the Phoenix E or F team. :(

Also I'm putting $10 down for our crew. I predict 15 F-Smash-kills from Aaven's Ike.

Top Bottom