• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DON'T be negative!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care if people condemn me for saying I won't buy Smash 4 now. From my point of view, it doesn't really matter who made the decision to tell EVO not to stream Melee, it's a slap to the face for a very dedicated community of fans/customers. I also take highly into account that it was the Melee community that won the right to be in EVO by winning that charity contest that benefited the research of breast cancer. It makes Nintendo look like they won't let any good deed go unpunished. I love Nintendo, I really do, but I can't support this kind of action. I also don't see how people can't see boycotting Smash 4 isn't a valid "punishment" for what Nintendo has done. I look at is as, "If this is how Nintendo treats their customers, then why buy into their next game?". It may just be nothing personal, just business as far as Nintendo's reasons go for making this decision, but the same can be said if/when a lot of people decide to no buy Smash 4 because of this mistake they made.

I know people have mentioned others making death threats and other extreme measures, but it's much easier to just attack their wallets by not supporting their products. It's a peaceful measure, and sometimes businesses need to be taught a lesson.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Lol @ mew2king's post. Don't worry Jason, there will be plenty of scrubs in smash 4 waiting to give you their entrant fees. Your job is safe.

Revven

FrankerZ
Mew2king won't be able to hear this news until his flight touches down and then like he's in the hotel or whoever he's housing with lol.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Seriously.... why not be negative

This decision was not made by one person. How naive are you?! Nintendo is a HUGE company. There are always people controlling your decisions, looking them over and giving you orders. They even had the law department checking on it. Nintendo has done nothing but bad things for the melee community - since the release of Melee. Why should we not be negative about it, JUST BECAUSE YOU START TO WORK THERE ?!

It may be not the entire company who made this decision but it is the most important part of the company. History has taught us not to expect anything from nintendo and we would be stupid not to learn anything out of it. They wanted to take the stream away for which we worked and payed so damn much.

You want to make Smash the best Series possible? I am sorry but Brawl already happened.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Awesome post! It's great to see the smash community stick together. We've persevered through many things, this is just the next speed bump. It's a shame it had to be nintendo, but heck - Sakurai was our speed bump once in the past. And we got past that! So let's keep on truckin'.

Reminds me of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVEW4u6-Ms
Why do we play competitively? Because we don't quit.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
That's the main reason Nintendo is doing it because you can't gain revenue off of their game. So that means you can't have a stream that you can pay to chat or a youtube video that you'll get paid from how many viewers you have of that video. Pretty much if you ain't at Evo2k13 you ain't seeing none of that footage son. This is serious business that could get people sued.
ShinBlanka, where is it mentioned that videos won't be allowed either? Do VGBootCamp and ClashTournaments have legal issues with Nintendo then?
When Alex Strife was talking about the legal issues, he mentioned that you can't monetize anything Nintendo on Youtube, then one guy interrupted him saying that had been revoked.

strawhats

Smash Master
Very happy that this issue has been resolved. M2K been putting in mad hours for EVO so I know how pissed off he must've felt hearing this, hopefully this will motivate him to try and win the whole damn thing now.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
out of EVERYBODY,

I think I am the MOST mad about this

But to say things like "I hate nintendo, I am pirating games, I won't buy Smash 4"

is going to hurt everybody in the scene, when THIS DECISION WAS PROBABLY MADE BY ONE PERSON , NOT AN ENTIRE COMPANY OF HARD-WORKERS
I wanted to be a future smash streamer for Smash 4 (and still do) . I'll do this at www.twitch.tv/mew2king when I get enough followers/subscribers (currently I use /clashtournaments and /pbnj23 ), and will post updates at www.facebook.com/mewtwoking for ALL of my future ANYTHING

I'm not gonna lie.
this killed my hype for Evo a LOT. LIKE A LOT. I don't even want to enter anymore. And now finals are at 2 PM on Saturday? (is this true?) That's not even POSSIBLE.
(I'm using internet wifi about to get to my plane to vegas)

I will probably be moving to Seattle soon to work for Nintendo at Aerotek of Nintendo of America, probably (Melvin said "if you move to Seattle, you got the job", to me at E3, so we'll see what happens). It would just be for QA and game testing

BUT

Even though I'm not a programmer or artist. I DO intend to move up the corporate ladder however I can possible, so I can gain POWER for this company

I want to make the Smash series the best series POSSIBLE

I've probably played the Smash series in total over 10,000 hours. All I wanted to do most of my life is play it, be the best at it, and MAKE it.

But it seems Nintendo has no problem making them, but more of a problem with their authority not making proper decisions

My life goal, since a few months ago but ESPECIALLY now, is to make Smash 4 and all future smash events as competitively good as possible. I don't know if I can even reach this goal, but I will work hard to make it happen

DON'T be negative anymore. I actually regret making the negative posts I have, since this is all the decision of one person, not an entire company. (and THOSE people would be hurt more than the probably-rich decision-maker in all of this).

Boarding plane to Vegas now (literally right now).
Your formatting is ****ing ********, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom