• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

magikarpown

Smash Rookie
Hello, I would like to set up Netplay, but Dolphin lags offline in single player with Faster Melee 5.7, here are my specs as my laptop shows them:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @2.53GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Is my laptop not powerful enough or am I doing something wrong?

Samurai of Hyrule

Smash Rookie
I've tried virtually everything; Google, messing with settings, scouring forums. Dolphin seemingly runs smoothly, 60 fps, ping is normal. 1050ti (Gigabyte, GeForce 4gb), AMD 6cr 3.6ghz, 16 gbs ram, etc. I can even run 20xx relatively fine. But clean melee lags. Most times its some kind of weird laggy slowmotion. I've adjusted all the basic setting in graphics and controls with mixed results. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why; at 60 fps and 30 ping I'm "lagging". This is offline or online.

SuperRay24

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1767 8910 7496
what ping is optimal for having under 10 pad buffer yet still getting no stutter in game

Unanimous

Smash Rookie
I reset my xfinity modem ~1.5 months ago and now I get lag spikes every 3 or so seconds and I can't seem to figure out the issue. It works fine locally, but otherwise online I can't get it to work. I've tried port forwarding and the dmz stuff to boot...

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hi, will a GeForce GTS 360M work for netplay? Thanks!
I doubt that matters. I don't even have a graphics card at all, and netplay runs smooth 60FPS. It's really all in your processor, I have the i7-9700k

Top Bottom