• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

curthizz

Smash Apprentice
So after I've installed dolphin and the net play melee iso, how would I go about finding a match on my macbook?
I don't think I can read the ice chat.exe files.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
The newest version of Dolphin has a function called "D3D Exclusive Fullscreen" which decreases input delay latency and dropped frames dramatically. I hope this will be version we will use in the future! It feels a lot better.

https://en.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/07/31/dolphin-progress-report-july-2014/
Feel like an idiot for asking, but would feel like an even bigger idiot for not asking. How do you use netplay with this version? I tried, and it did not give me a code to copy and paste into chat in order to host. I tried playing around with it and still could not figure it out. On my older version I only have to right click on Melee and click host netplay, but with this I have to go to Tools> Connect to netplay> ???

Jonte

Smash Cadet
Feel like an idiot for asking, but would feel like an even bigger idiot for not asking. How do you use netplay with this version? I tried, and it did not give me a code to copy and paste into chat in order to host. I tried playing around with it and still could not figure it out. On my older version I only have to right click on Melee and click host netplay, but with this I have to go to Tools> Connect to netplay> ???
This version of Dolphin does not support Netplay at the moment. But when a stable version with the new feature comes out we can probably start using it as we're using 4.0-652 right now. Also the Dolphin we are using is modified to make netplay better, so that is something that has to be done on the new version as well.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
This version of Dolphin does not support Netplay at the moment. But when a stable version with the new feature comes out we can probably start using it as we're using 4.0-652 right now. Also the Dolphin we are using is modified to make netplay better, so that is something that has to be done on the new version as well.
I totally misunderstood you when you said you hoped it will be the version we will use in the future. I thought you meant you hoped it would become the new gold standard. herp derp...

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
If anyone can help on this, I am struggling to connect to netplay. I have dolphin 4.0-652 installed, melee and my controller working, and i'm logged into Rizon. Everywhere I look it says to go to Tools -> Connect to netplay. I just don't have that option. I have Tools -> Start Netplay, but inside it doesn't have anywhere to put the 8 character code for joining games. I am quite frustrated, so any help would be appreciated.

Edit - Ok, if anyone else has this problem, I had the master version instead of the netplay version. I guess there's two 4.0-652 dolphins out there.

Last edited:

HurricaneCoon

Smash Rookie
when i try to load the game on dolphin i keep getting this critical error: "Failed to load D3DCompiler_42.dll, update your DX11 runtime, please" does anyone know how to fix it?

DIOOO

Smash Rookie
when i try to load the game on dolphin i keep getting this critical error: "Failed to load D3DCompiler_42.dll, update your DX11 runtime, please" does anyone know how to fix it?
Look up DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
Download that, run the installer, netplay away.

treemustach

Smash Rookie
Hey, I tried to join the IRC Chat but i get an error. Can anyone help?

[23:08] == Connected to server.
[23:08] == ERROR: Closing link [Please try again later - reconnecting too fast]
[23:08] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

Jonte

Smash Cadet
Hey, I tried to join the IRC Chat but i get an error. Can anyone help?

[23:08] == Connected to server.
[23:08] == ERROR: Closing link [Please try again later - reconnecting too fast]
[23:08] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.
Try using an IRC client. The Web IRC has some problems at times I've heard.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Building a new PC atm. Does Dolphin run well on Windows 8 or should I just get Windows 7?

TC123

Smash Cadet
So I have followed the guide and installed everything properly and put on the right settings to the best of my knowledge, but when I try to connect to a friend to test it I can neither connect to him nor can he connect to me if I try to host. When I paste his code and hit connect it just does nothing for about 20 seconds then says disconnected. What could be the problem?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Does the Mayflash GC controller adapter work with Dolphin? I only ask because I remember reading that a specific adapter didn't work with it.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Does the Mayflash GC controller adapter work with Dolphin? I only ask because I remember reading that a specific adapter didn't work with it.
I just bought mine and it does work. The only issue is that there is a bit of input latency and I'm not sure if there is anyway to change that. It is interesting though because when i would try with a keyboard, my inputs happened automatically. I'm not sure why there is a difference in this situation. Has anyone had any luck with using a USB 3.0 vs a USB 2.0 port?

TUSK

Smash Cadet
I cant connect to other peoples games. I can only host... why is this?

bought the mayflash gc adapter to so I can set up some netplay with a controller but I'm having problems. I installed the drivers from the website and when I open the controller calibration box from the devices screen in my control panel, it says my controller is connected properly however no matter what buttons I mash on the controller I get nothing. I found some guides on google but apparently nobody else has this problem. Any ideas?
I tried turning it off and back on and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver

Jonte

Smash Cadet
bought the mayflash gc adapter to so I can set up some netplay with a controller but I'm having problems. I installed the drivers from the website and when I open the controller calibration box from the devices screen in my control panel, it says my controller is connected properly however no matter what buttons I mash on the controller I get nothing. I found some guides on google but apparently nobody else has this problem. Any ideas?
I tried turning it off and back on and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
Try change between the device "DInput/0/USB GamePad" and "DInput/1/USB GamePad" depending on what port you plugged your controller in

qtChance

Smash Rookie
For whatever reason Dolphin ALWAYS reverts my GPU back to the onboard and it appears to be running off of that. I can't figure this out for the life of me. I can turn restart and it gives me the option once again but if i open and close Melee it shows me back at my onboard... I've changed it in Nvidia to run EVERYTHING off of my gfx card, anyone run into this?

Carson Bennett

Smash Rookie
So I've got Dolphin running and got the game and everything. I went to the AR Codes section to enable the one cheat or whatever but it's not there... Any help?

NeonRapt0r

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to connect to 2 of my friends I can't connect it just sits on connecting then says disconnected, but I can connect to one of my friends. I also can't have anyone connect to me if I host, Any help?

Last edited:

M3SA

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to connect to 2 of my friends I can't connect it just sits on connecting then says disconnected, but I can connect to one of my friends. I also can't have anyone connect to me if I host, Any help?
May be something to do with firewall Windows/'Router or Virus protection, when in doubt disable both for a min and try. I read some wheres that it should bypass this in the Netplay version of Dolphin, but I still for some reason still had to open ports for it. The person you are able to connect to may have it set up right.

M3SA

Smash Rookie
I had a question,
I have NO issues with connecting or hosting, but I do get a god awful skipping in music and audio, but gameplay is smooth around 17ms-20ms.

Is there a blatant setting to assist in cleaning up the audio sync?

JMC4789

Smash Journeyman
I've been busy working on Dolphin, but today is an exciting day. Anther has added Melee support onto his ladder, and it's a huge step up from the IRC we had been using. It also has featured Project M for quite a while, which is a ton of fun too.

Please check it out at http://ladder.anthrzy.com/netplay

I've been trying it out, and it's a lot of fun, and the moderators there do lots of cool things for the community, like stream ranked matches, organize tournaments, etc.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My PC stats:
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Version: Windows 8
RAM: 4 GB (3.60 GB usable)
Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.30 GHz

I tried getting the right settings, but the emulator is still slow as hell on PC? Is my computer not strong enough?

Y-L

Smash Champion
My PC stats:
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Version: Windows 8
RAM: 4 GB (3.60 GB usable)
Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.30 GHz

I tried getting the right settings, but the emulator is still slow as hell on PC? Is my computer not strong enough?
Yeah that cpu is very weak.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I can get Melee to run consistently at 70-80% with 2 players on the screen, but I feel that my computer specs should enable me to run it at 100%. I can run PC games like League of Legends at 60 FPS and no lag on max settings, so I think I may not have set Dolphin up as best as I can.

Specs:
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
2.60 GHz
-RAM: 8.00 GB
-256 GB SSD
-Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M275 DDR3 Memory 2GB 1 GHz

With these specs, how should I be configuring Dolphin?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I can get Melee to run consistently at 70-80% with 2 players on the screen, but I feel that my computer specs should enable me to run it at 100%. I can run PC games like League of Legends at 60 FPS and no lag on max settings, so I think I may not have set Dolphin up as best as I can.

Specs:
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
2.60 GHz
-RAM: 8.00 GB
-256 GB SSD
-Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M275 DDR3 Memory 2GB

With these specs, how should I be configuring Dolphin?
It's probably your cpu. The U denotes ultra low voltage which means you probably aren't using the full capacity of your cpu speed due to it trying to use as little power as possible. Also you can't compare pc games to emulation; they are completely different. Follow the settings in my guide in my siggy though to make sure everything is right and in windows power options set it to high performance and see if that helps.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I found out I was using another version of Dolphin when I tested; I have just tested with the netplay version and it ran at 100% with 2 players on Battlefield! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom