• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin DebugFast 4.0 Emulator : Memory Breakpoints - Download Links [32 & 64 bit]

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Breakpoints completely freeze the game by design. You have to hit the Play button on the top of Dolphin to resume the game. It doesn't press the Start button.
Yes, I soaked in a lot more than that from Dan's vids. Pressing step and pressing the play button (which will not toggle to the play icon because it is frozen) will not do anything at that stage. Neither will pressing the x-close window icon. I have to close the program with task manager. Does 4.0v of dolphin work for you Apathy or do you use an older version for debugging? Thanks for the reply though (b'--')b

Oh and when I don't change the game and try to step, only the code addresses step -- there's no live update to the game. For some reason, pressing the play button seems to advance the code (or the frames...not sure). Once the play button is pressed for me on the last line of code, the play button will function normally (to merely pause and start the game) x___x

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 bothering you again, but about the code you gave me to manipulate....:

Interrupt_Kneebend replaces Interrupt_PassiveStandF/B
80098ADC --> 800CAED0

I'm trying to manipulate the code through what I learned in Dan's ASM vids (so that I don't have to keep asking you) but every time I assign 800CAED0 as the breakpoint (after replacing 80098ADC with 800CAED0 in the Start.dol) the game freezes completely instead of just pausing.

Without replacing the hex, setting a break point to the original 80098ADC does everything correctly. A library of those IASA you mentioned as well as the ASM functions for asynch timers and if button presses would also be nice.

This stuff isn't easy to find for some reason even though I see other projects that are far ahead.

Thanks~ >___<
Simply setting a breakpoint in Dolphin cannot cause the game to freeze if it normally wouldn't. Play your modified SSBM not in Debug Dolphin and it should freeze as well.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 hey~ well I confirmed that the code works already after I followed your exact instructions and that I just wanted to test an async timer function...thus the game does not freeze

...*moves rook*
So you do use 4.0?? What a pain
Your move, holy man

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Well simply clicking to the left of a code line to place a breakpoint in Debug Dolphin has never been the source of a game freeze for me. Again, I don't think this is possible. For memory read/write breakpoints, I use the 3.0 version. Otherwise I use 4.0.2. My laptop is weird.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I use the latest dev branches. The only issue I have on my desktop is that using the "Delete Breakpoint" button under the Breakpoints tab will crash.

On my laptop, there's a whole slew of issues where I have to move my ISO around or else Dolphin will crash.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the replies. Im still not sure what's wrong but I'll see if I need to troubleshoot if my code requests don't get fulfilled. Thanks again~

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
My Dolphin doesn't break on memory checkpoints in the 81xxxxxx range. If I try to run any recent version I can find of Dolphin with memory checkpoints, it crashes with a "Assertion: See Log" problem. Anyone have a stable recent version of Dolphin that can check high range of memories? I want to find what reads this address: 8130BB71 when entering the CSS in vs mode.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be really nice if there was more of an explanation for the cmake command. Right now the comment assumes I know things about cmake when I know absolutely nothing about the syntax of it. Hopefully this isn't seen as unholy bumping. Please don't hurt me mods.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I think it would be really nice if there was more of an explanation for the cmake command. Right now the comment assumes I know things about cmake when I know absolutely nothing about the syntax of it. Hopefully this isn't seen as unholy bumping. Please don't hurt me mods.
You don't need CMake on Windows. You'd just add /D "DEBUGFAST" to the build options in Visual Studio under C/C++ -> Command Line.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Anybody get around to compiling a 5.0 debug fast build? This one is super crashy :(

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Anybody get around to compiling a 5.0 debug fast build? This one is super crashy :(
I'd recommend just sticking with the version of dolphin that are specified. I personally could never build debug fast because of Visual Studios, but w/e.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I'd recommend just sticking with the version of dolphin that are specified. I personally could never build debug fast because of Visual Studios, but w/e.
Just download CMake for Windows, open your local Dolphin's CMakeLists.txt, and let it generate the MSVC sln for you with the flags you need set. The worst part is build errors coming from SVNRev or whatever, but you can literally just comment that out to resolve it.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Just download CMake for Windows, open your local Dolphin's CMakeLists.txt, and let it generate the MSVC sln for you with the flags you need set. The worst part is build errors coming from SVNRev or whatever, but you can literally just comment that out to resolve it.
Downlaoded CMake for Windows, browsed to the source folder and it didn't seem to find the CMakeLists file, even though its in there. Am I missing something?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,could you maybe come back to this and give a clear guide on how you can build it for windows. I gave up a long time ago, because the instructions just don't make sense.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,could you maybe come back to this and give a clear guide on how you can build it for windows. I gave up a long time ago, because the instructions just don't make sense.
I've never known how to build Dolphin, but would love a detailed guide. I just use the Dolphin 3.5 DebugFast version. It's horribly slow, but works fine for the most part.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Downlaoded CMake for Windows, browsed to the source folder and it didn't seem to find the CMakeLists file, even though its in there. Am I missing something?
Go to Tools and click Generate. The window won't update till you do that. Then you'll have a bunch of checkboxes for the things you want to enable, like FASTLOG.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Go to Tools and click Generate. The window won't update till you do that. Then you'll have a bunch of checkboxes for the things you want to enable, like FASTLOG.
I get this error when trying to generate

Code:
CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.
I have VS2015 installed with the c++ packages installed. If it works for you, would you mind building a debug fast build of dolphin 5.0 and uploading it? I'm sure everyone could benefit from a new version of debug fast.

revel8n

Smash Cadet
Do you specifically need a DEBUGFAST version, or simply a build with memory checks?

The latest code does not appear to limit memchecks to DEBUGFAST builds any more, and they worked just fine before in Release builds if you enabled them during builds.

So you should be able to use the latest release with the debugging command line flag (-d) and get memchecks with no other changes from what i can tell.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Do you specifically need a DEBUGFAST version, or simply a build with memory checks?

The latest code does not appear to limit memchecks to DEBUGFAST builds any more, and they worked just fine before in Release builds if you enabled them during builds.

So you should be able to use the latest release with the debugging command line flag (-d) and get memchecks with no other changes from what i can tell.
I'll check that out. Thanks

gamemasterplc

Smash Rookie
This build is very outdated, download Dolphin 5.0-583 or newer and launch the debugger to get the features of this build and get support elsewhere.

Top Bottom