• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does snake have any tricks or combos vs MK?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I don't see why Falco is so hard. I pull 2 nades and/or C4 myself to put me at a damage that he can't CG me anymore, then I crouch beneath his lasers so he can't rack up damage. Falco has a really hard time KOing without the CG, and Snake is ridiculously heavy, so the matchup after that is in Snake's favor IMO.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I don't see why Falco is so hard. I pull 2 nades and/or C4 myself to put me at a damage that he can't CG me anymore, then I crouch beneath his lasers so he can't rack up damage. Falco has a really hard time KOing without the CG, and Snake is ridiculously heavy, so the matchup after that is in Snake's favor IMO.
good strategy, also it seems like playing out of crouch is smart. I've never tried it, but if falco cant grab you out of your crouch, then it seems like you could approach (or make him approach) with crouches and use tilts and mortar slide from there, and do this a majority of the time.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
For some of us I think is harder to help out DSF, since you actually play good MK players who rarely spam, but the rest of us play MK who all they do is smash the B button.

But all I can say is nades and mines seems to work ok for me against MK, I'll also have to say that maybe Snakes D-air after a perfect shield could be pretty devastating, or nade drop to a D-air cause Snake will grab the nade, weak the other players shield, the nade will explode either breaking their shield or getting you out of a grab, since most likely your going to lag from it

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
spamming up-smash (which i tend to do often as a safety measure) to interrupt mk's grabs (unless he dash grabs) helps wonders at times.

be a campy little ***** is what you can do vs mk. just don't fall in front of mk or eat a rapid stomping to snake's ***.

jab -> f-tilt works

Campy/defensive is the only way to go against MK. Try to play him aggressively and you'll get Shuttle Rushed and outprioritized at every attempt. You gotta play it smart with Nades and liberal Mortars. Jab to F-Tilt works nicely as mentioned. I like to use the first 2 hits on Jab then stop and follow up with F-Tilt. Floaty characters tend to just DI out of the last hit easily anyway and then in this case you'll likely suffer a D-Smash or F-Smash or Drill Rush or something with a little range.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
um teh Spammerer said this to me when ever a MK spams d tilt immediatly use f tilt also this is old but plant a mine on the highest platform on BF and up throw them to it. gets alot of crowd reactions and its unpredictable.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I just tested it and you can do it, no idea how practical it would be though, I think in practice you're not going to get the chance to just pivot grab most MK's when they use nado

napZzz

Smash Hero
I just tested it and you can do it, no idea how practical it would be though, I think in practice you're not going to get the chance to just pivot grab most MK's when they use nado
smart mk's usually do it while your airborne to catch you out of it when you try to recover.

But for the ones who approach with it this is a good way to get a dthrow. And its pretty easy, at least for the people who already use snakes pivot grab and know its range.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i don't know much about this, but i no it takes mk along time to get out of hitstun(or whatever it is now) after a jump break from anyones grab.
it could be used for something...i guess

Tero.

Smash Champion
i don't know much about this, but i no it takes mk along time to get out of hitstun(or whatever it is now) after a jump break from anyones grab.
it could be used for something...i guess
yeah, well we allready know this

[...]stuff[...]
Who the hell are you, go register on the german boards :p germansmash.de

also *subscribes*

Top Bottom