• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does personality influence one's choice of their primary character? (SURVEY)

4tlas

Smash Lord
ENFP Zelda. Not a fan of "binary personality" tests. I am both iNtuitive and obServant as well as Thinking and Feeling, but it has to pick one. Like really, the personality test gave me about a 10% for each...

But hey, statistics are cool anyway.

NTG

Smash Cadet
There's an asston of INFPs and INTPs here when you consider the two make up maybe 7-8% of the world total. But then again, I guess smashers have very similar personalities in a lot of ways.

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
ENFP Marth here too.

This is really interesting Shockbound. Do you know how you're going to present the data when it's released? Any ideas how you're going to split things up? It may be a good idea to break up the 4 letters and find tendencies from them separately.
The plan right now is to release the % distribution of personality types on a single chart and a separate chart will display % distribution of character popularity. These first two charts will be independent of one another.

After these two charts are presented, each personality type will have a chart of their own that provides a % distribution of character popularity specifically for that personality type. After all 16 of these charts are presented, another set of charts will display the % distribution of personality types for each individual character.

After this, further information about the frequency of each letter will be applied to all of the smashers that made a submission (as in what % of them have the Introverted trait) as well as to certain characters (for instance, what % of Luigi players have the Introverted trait). Other features will be announced later.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I had to take a much larger one of these for school and was literally almost 50/50 on Thinking /Feeling and Sensing/intuition lol
But for the scrub test I got INTP Squirtle

come at me

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
INFP Luigi.
INFP has a lot of Link players based on the thread, and I saw another INFP Luigi main.
The color green has something to do with this. (Or not.)

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
INTP Roy.
Interesting to see so many INTP types here, considering how its supposed to be a rare personality type.

Gammasite

Smash Rookie
INTP Roy.
Interesting to see so many INTP types here, considering how its supposed to be a rare personality type.
In my experience, video games in general seem to attract INTPs, probably for the same reason books do. The internet just provided us a common ground to find each other.

INTP, Ivysaur.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
ISTP Kirby. Tho i gotta say i hate building **** and i need my space bubble, other wise spot on. And yeah one of the few that can use kirby comp and win.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
ESTJ - Ganondorf main

According to the survey; ESTJs are:
- Assertive
- Authoritative
- Follow/Require order and carefully planned approaches
- Strong sense of what is right (in their opinion)
- Traditional of nature
- Work as a team
- Natural leaders/Demand Leadership
- Arent afraid to challenge and demand for what they believe and even with strong opposition they remain head strong, even to a fault.

Less than 11% of population, many ESTJs
We're presidents and other country leaders.

The survey is very good... It's very similar to what I am except I do let my emotions get the better of me which is uncharacteristic of ESTJ and I can be quick to anger if pushed and I don't like to compromise too
Much... So I guess I'm a bit of a ENTJ too...

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Got bored and quit after the first page of questions, Ganon. Does that mean anything? :awesome:
Okay so I just posted this as a quick joke but now I'm thinking about it and I'm imagining Ganondorf sitting at a computer, clicking away. As the survey drags on, he starts visibly getting more and more annoyed, until eventually he yells "I GROW TIRED OF YOUR INSIGNIFICANT QUESTIONS" and Warlock Punches the screen.

So definitely some connection right there :upsidedown:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
ISTP and I put Roy, but maybe I should have put Ness? I can't ever keep my mains in line, but I'm also not convinced my personality type is 100% correct either, so that checks out. This could be potentially very interesting.

egumption

Smash Rookie
ENTP Marth. Though honestly depending on the test I flip-flop between E and I, so I could potentially be one of, like, 1 million INTP Marths

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
INTP Bowser
I see INTP is common around here, though I'm honestly not surprised.
I mostly play Melee, but my main is the same so it shouldn't matter much. I don't think that mains necessarily coincide with one's personality, though I think it is definitely at the very least a small factor in picking your favorite character.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
^this

INTP - Melee - Falcon

Interesting Melee Characters - Marth , Mario, Yoshi and Ice Climbers

I dont play PM usually but if I did,

I would play - Dedede, Snake and Marth

Interesting PM Characters - Squirtle

What draws me to both of these games are their intricate complexities and the artificial environment is something my mind likes to wander in.

Last edited:

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
ENFP - Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Roy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom