• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Link tripp alot?

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I know tripping is a problem at Brawl and in 7 days the PAL-version is coming out and im gonna main Link and I heard some charachters trip more then others. Do Link tripp alot or not?

Arkimbald

Smash Rookie
Tripping has nothing to do with the character, and it's not entirely random. It's how you push the analog stick when you go to run. If you don't press it perfectly straight, you're more likely to trip. You'll probably trip a lot at first, like I did.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
It's how you push the analog stick when you go to run. If you don't press it perfectly straight, you're more likely to trip.
Thats new to me, so if this would be true, you wouldn't trip with the Wii Remote Controller.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I dont think that if you press it perfectly straight you will not be likely to trip because somepeople say that trip less with heavy charachters so maybe tripping is something about charachters?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'd say link trips quite a bit but not as much as Marth. Try to foxtrot, you're on the floor in 2 dashes (exaggeration).

D

Deleted member

i like kratos's comment

90% of the time i trip when the match starts and never again during that match

so idk if that helps your research or not lol

Swordplay

Smash Lord
**** Tripping

I have lost alot of lives because of tripping. They usually happen when I attempt a DAC to kill or finish off a combo.

Tripping ruins my DAC :( which is one of my favorite link moves.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Nintendo tried to take everything that had to do with tricking the engine.
And...no. Why would a character trip more than another? But i guess he has more of a chance to trip considering that he is ground base, but other than that, he doesnt trip more often than others. Every character has the same chance.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
I heard Sakurai said it had to do with the person who is in the lead. If you're winning you're going to trip more often.

Top Bottom