• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does it matter ?

smashfan34

Smash Apprentice
I recently was talking to a friend that said, if you use fox, its better if you use Y rather than X to jump. Does it make a difference if you play link? will it make you faster or theres no difference?

Deva

Smash Lord
Makes absoulutely no difference. I find it easier to shine wave with Fox using y, though with Link it should make no difference at all.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
It makes absolutely no difference. I personally use Y just because it's closer to the B button, which is probably why it's good for Foxes. But Rock Lobsta pretty much had it covered, it's all preference. Whatever works for you, works for you. Keep doing w/e you already do.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
It wouldn't make you any faster cuz if you try jumping with x and attacking with a as soon as your finger can get there, then link won't attack since he is still in his jump animation.

it matters more with fox

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
yeeaaah...

Link's jumping animation sucks so much that it'll definitely give your thumb enough time to move to any button from the X or Y. Fox is another story, however.

Top Bottom