• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does highest port (closest to P4) have priority grabbing a ledge?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
OMG you idiot. Pika's (or Luigi, mario, or maybe Yoshi, who know who shears mains now) doesn't have a weak hitbox.
L2P.
You literally know nothing.
Stay bad.
who ever said anything about a specific character lol? Habe you considered they did the same move twice? Once you do a same move more than one it gets weaker...

Jesus dude you're dense af!

also cane you're actually going to trigger me if you start calling me studstill...

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
who ever said anything about a specific character lol? Habe you considered they did the same move twice? Once you do a same move more than one it gets weaker...

Jesus dude you're dense af!
Do you have problems with reading comprehension?
Yeah spacing was totally the reason my utilt did more damage and knockback to P1 than P4 when I hit both of them at the same time in teams.
Are you stupid enough to not know what SAME TIME means or something?
I didn't want you to bring up something stupid like assuming shears would play falcon, fox, kirby, or samus because they do have weak hitboxes on their uptilts, so I explicitly named the characters Shears regularly plays.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

Are you stupid enough to not know what SAME TIME means or something?
I didn't want you to bring up something stupid like assuming shears would play falcon, fox, kirby, or samus because they do have weak hitboxes on their uptilts, so I explicitly named the characters Shears regularly plays.
"OMG you idiot. Pika's (or Luigi, mario, or maybe Yoshi, who know who shears mains now) doesn't have a weak hitbox.
L2P."

PIka, luigi, mario and yoshi all have weak hitboxes like with every move in the game besides B attacks.

What you're referring to by doing less damage with an attack is a basic part of smash. When you use the same move consecutive times it reduces the damage done..

You have a L2P issue, I'm reading your ignorant just fine. You are the only one confused here.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Their up tilts don't have weak hitboxes. Which is what I was talking about since that is the move shears brought up in his example. He wasn't talking about using the same move multiple times. He was talking about hitting both players on the same frame with a single attack, but one player receives less damage and knockback than the other player because of port priority.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Their up tilts don't have weak hitboxes. Which is what I was talking about since that is the move shears brought up in his example. He wasn't talking about using the same move multiple times. He was talking about hitting both players on the same frame with a single attack, but one player receives less damage and knockback than the other player because of port priority.
Consecutive hit = true
if Consecutive hit = true then
nerf damage
end if

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Consecutive hit = true
if Consecutive hit = true then
nerf damage
end if
Lololol you're probably the dumbest person I've ever seen online, and I've been on reddit.

Case:

On frame X you hit both Player A and Player B with move Y. Do Player A and Player B receive the same damage and knockback? No. Which player receives more damage and knockback? The one with port priority.

You understand the game has instructions that it processes in sequence right? You realize it cannot process 2 instructions at the same time. It literally steps through instructions calculating an event and its interactions one at a time. The one it does first is the one that has port priority, so by the time it processes the instructions for the next port, the move is already stale.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Lololol you're probably the dumbest person I've ever seen online, and I've been on reddit.
On frame X you hit both Player A and Player B with move Y. Do Player A and Player B receive the same damage and knockback? No. Which player receives more damage and knockback? The one with port priority.
Wrong the person who got more of the hitbox is the one who is damaged and knockedback more.

No port priority. You don't know how smash64 works...

What happens if you hit two people on the same frame? That's what we're discussing.
It doesn't matter, what matters is who is tocuhing more hitbox. The Hitboxes are 3D the game is 3D, your hitbox spins in 3 dimensions. Hence fourth you are overlapping more space at any given time depending on the movement of hitboxes. If you consider all the mechanics in the game, port priority is minimal if any. They could outcome cases based on many different aspects such as % and not port priority.

You guys are making a totally baseless argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shears

Smash Master
Wrong the person who got more of the hitbox is the one who is damaged and knockedback more.

No port priority. You don't know how smash64 works...
It doesn't matter, what matters is who is tocuhing more hitbox. The Hitboxes are 3D the game is 3D, your hitbox spins in 3 dimensions. Hence fourth you are overlapping more space at any given time depending on the movement of hitboxes. If you consider all the mechanics in the game, port priority is minimal if any. They could outcome cases based on many different aspects such as % and not port priority.

You guys are making a totally baseless argument.
This is all completely wrong. To anyone following this thread learning about 64, do not ever listen to anything smasher says.

"More of the hitbox" you're bad lol.

Also, ask studstill, its a 2.5D game not a 3D game.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
This is all completely wrong. To anyone following this thread learning about 64, do not ever listen to anything smasher says.

"More of the hitbox" you're bad lol.

Also, ask studstill, its a 2.5D game not a 3D game.
Grahamaglam Grahamaglam Zantetsu Zantetsu

Your characters hitbox moves on the X Y and Z axis, this means you could avoid a hitbox simply by your character hitbox placing the persevered surface area on the Z axis. The same concept applies to how hitboxes determine in your situation of 2 people being hit by the same move at same time taking different damage and knockback. If it's not one person being hit by the weak side of the hitbox, it's most probably one person entered more of their hitbox inside of the attack hitbox.

Also all of what I said was an assumption, it turns out your situation is in fact the WEAK SPOT of pikachus uptilt... As I originally assumed.

Here is proof there is no knockback/damage nerf for hitting two people at the same time.

Now I advice everyone to refrain from listening to YOU because you're spreading false information without a sound argument behind it!

Uair

Banned via Warnings
We aren't saying anything about 3D. But it appears I was wrong, I will concede then in doubles it was weak hits and I was mistaken.
What are you talking about? Pikachu's utilt has a weak hitbox, obviously. Just utilt someone in front of you...

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Thank you for tagging me Uair Uair

I really, really cared. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise. You're the best.
Why did you post this? You liked his comment so I explained how everything worked to all of you.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Why did you post this? You liked his comment so I explained how everything worked to all of you.
Yeah, which I could have found out about if I decided to come back to this thread. No tag was necessary, that's what I'm explaining to you.

Shears

Smash Master
What are you talking about? Pikachu's utilt has a weak hitbox, obviously. Just utilt someone in front of you...
And you go right back to being an idiot. I never said anything about it not having a weak hitbox. You're also still wrong about "amount of hitbox" connecting. And none of this has anything to do with 3D.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
And you go right back to being an idiot. I never said anything about it not having a weak hitbox. You're also still wrong about "amount of hitbox" connecting. And none of this has anything to do with 3D.
Um... The hitbox is a 3D object... when you hit someone that entire hitbox is connecting with theirs. This isn't a 2D game, there is a Z axis to smash just like there is in SM64, Zelda64, and everything else.

If you really can't comprehend this fact, your hitbox has to TOUCH another persons hitbox... IDIOT.... It doesn't matter if you touch each other through the X Y or Z axis, also the amount of volume of the hitbox being "touched" or "overlapped" by the volume of another hitbox is what determines weak hitbox and possibly priority for ledge grabs / grabbing.

To clarify even further for you....

You can hit dk with a jab if you punch him while his Attack hitboxes are on the Z axis. If you were able to perfectly get your hitbox to reach his character hitbox during that frame you'd jab DK right out his upB I'm assuming since there is no Green hitboxes indicating he's invisible at this point in his upB animation.

Now please, stop harassing me with your ****ing ignorance. I understand you may want to troll me, but the simple fact is I'm right, and my argument about hitbox > port priority is much more sound than thinking everything is based off port priority for a ****ing fighter...

You guys really need to get your heads out your asses and stop reporting my posts wasting the mods time.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
You're really bad at reading, again, it has nothing to do with 3D. That statement does not mean it isn't 3D. "3D doesn't matter"=/="not 3D". Learn to read. It's a 2.5D game, we all know this. That has nothing to do with it. Also, volume of hitbox has nothing to do with it either. Whether you're touching the edge or the center of the box, interacting with any part of the box yields the same result. What changes weak vs strong is usually the frame at which contact is made.

B Link

Smash Lord
TAS'ed it. As predicted, if P1 and P2 touch the ledge on the same frame, P1 will win. Distance doesn't matter. I put P1 100 units farther away from the ledge than P2, and P1 still outprioritized P2.

http://imgur.com/a/W7J1H

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
<content redacted>

two people, about half the smash boards active roster, liked my post yet it gets infracted, hmm @Madao @Cyndane

Last edited:
Top Bottom