• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does diddy do well against meta?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Out of the characters I main he is probably the worst matchup, I noticed teh nanerz go through his hax tornado, and it may have been a fluke yesterday, but so does his Usmash?

saberhof

Smash Master
well i have never fought a meta that just uses the tornado....but i do know they he will at some point slip on your bananas when hes attacking you with neutral attacks...or if he is coming in with the gilde attack...theres lots of openings, you just have to wait for it and let him fall...

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Tornado shouldn't be a major problem, since projectiles will halt it and when its spammed its pretty easy to predict and punish. I'd say its a pretty even matchup, however Diddy does much better on stages with no platforms, as opposed to Metaknight who excels on both.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Cool, cause I main sheik
Zelda and Sheik are completely different, so wheres the coolness?

Zelda has a reflector, good range (compared to diddy's range), and more priority. Sheik has no reflector, and priority wise, I wouldn't say theres a strong advantage/disadvantage on either side of the field.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Zelda and Pit seem to be my worst match ups.

Against meta, to beat nado you have bairs (gotta hit toward top of nado) ftilt (gotta get it to clank) and nanaz. Banana locking >dash attack > fair = 60% or so damage, do it twice and they lose their stock.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Never had a problem against a Metaknight. If you're not positive that bananas break the tornado then you need to learn Diddy better. It's NOT a fluke, lol...Just play smart.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'd say Zelda is the hardest. And I had to face one at a local tournament. The players there were decent, but I won it all so. Anyways. Out of all the opponents I had the hardest time with zelda, just those smash attacks of hers makes it so hard to approach. Then again, it was on battlefield and I kind of rely on my bananas more than my other moves so maybe thats why.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
:eek:I havnt played as Diddy Kong but PIT IS FRICKEN AWESOME
anyway
I also like snake and pokemon trainer

I have nothing usefull to say at all :p:p:p:p:p:p:psycho::mad::dizzy::(:embarrass;):bee::laugh::):confused::ohwell::chuckle::lick::psycho::urg::p:colorful::suess:

My main:
:pit:

Secondarys:
:snake: :pt:

dj asakura

Smash Ace
wow, thank you for that useless comment. I'm really glad you contributed so much to this thread....

But MK isn't terribly hard to deal with. Platform stages do make him more annoying and, I think, give him the advantage in the matchup but Diddy can stop the tornado pretty easily and once you get a naner combo going you can get his damage up easily and KO him fairly quickly

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm just looking for a counter. Meta is more gayer than snake, god whenever I beat this one guy its always lucky

Top Bottom