• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does charizard win tourneys frequently

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
About as frequently as most characters. Metroid is the only good Charizard player tbh.

metroid1117

Smash Master
About as frequently as most characters. Metroid is the only good Charizard player tbh.
I feel like Oracle and Yomi are up there as well, but I don't know how often Oracle uses Charizard and I don't know how active Yomi is nowadays.

I really like charaizard. Is he any good
I'd consider Charizard at the upper end of mid tier; he's viable, but he has his fair share of problems (large size and limited mobility in the air are the biggest issues). However, if you're looking for wins based off of match-up inexperience (which is how I initially succeeded with him), Charizard is a great choice for that because of how remarkably fast his run is for his weight/size, how hard he hits, and how large his hitboxes are.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I'm still as active as ever (which is barely)!

I'll be attending a tournament tomorrow, might get some vids up after Christmas....
Haven't been playing regularly though, so who knows what's to expect :D

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm secretly the best charizard but I can't play him in tournaments because awestin will put me in my place with pk fire and stomps

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I should showcase more of my Charizard. Not enough of it being recorded when being streamed. I'm still using him alongside Roy and Mewtwo. He's been my real clencher in some match-ups. Frequently I've been taking 2nd/3rd/4th place in all our Project: M tournaments as of late.

[EDIT]

Also, Charizard is legit for tournaments, no doubt! Once the opponent has adjusted to his speed and the range on his attacks, it'll be up to you to tech chase your opponent and try and prevent yourself from leaving the stage. Ground control leading into aerial combo control is key with him. Bonus points for showing no fear using moves like DAir or Flamethrower or even Side+B off the stage, high or low for the gimp/kill.

Also spacing on moves like NAir and opportune moments to crouch cancel or jab are key.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
People say I'm the best Charizard. I don't believe them.

Also, to answer your question, Charizard is more than capable of tournament use. His air combos and edgegaurding skill are near unmatched.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Though France's metagame is not nearly as developped as the North American one (gee I wonder why, you guys have had the game for 4 years and it doesn't look like a PAL version is coming for another good four years), all the French PM tournaments so far have been won by a French Charizard who goes by the name of *Zen. I posted some videos of his gameplay in the video thread if you want to check him out.

Last edited:

LavaLatte

Smash Cadet
Though France's metagame is not nearly as developped as the North American one (gee I wonder why, you guys have had the game for 4 years and it doesn't look like a PAL version is coming for another good four years), all the French PM tournaments so far have been won by a French Charizard who goes by the name of *Zen. I posted some videos of his gameplay in the video thread if you want to check him out.
Does Zen have a Youtube channel or a place where his games are streamed? His Nair spacing is close to perfection :]

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hmm, I'm still waiting on the replays of the last tournament we went to to ve put on Youtube. They're in the Twitch channel's archive, but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Top Bottom