• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does b sticking limit your play?

ChozoAce

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering i picked up ness last year at first i sucked but i started learning some ATs and playing some people and i got used to B sticking

With every other character i use normal controls (death to tap jump) and i can play just fine, but with ness i have to get used to it again.

So i wanna know if B sticking really limits your play i wanna hear opinions:confused:

Uffe

Smash Hero
B-sticking for Ness isn't necessary. It doesn't do him much wonders like it does for Lucas.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
personally, i think it does limit his aerials. only because i can't use ness' aerials correctly without the c-stick. but thats just my opinion.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I would say the same thing as xoxokev, cause you want to be able to use all your aerials to their best potential, especially a retreated fair, which is really difficult to do without the c-stick. B-sticking doesn't really seem to help me. the only character i would think of using it for is ZSS, but even then it's a stretch.

EDIT: play what you're comfortable with!

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I used to bstick.
I have different custom controls for Bsticking, smashes, and tilts.
I change depending on how I feel and who I'm playing.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
As a former Lucas main, and someone in the process of picking up the other mamma's boy, ont B-Stick with Ness. The ability to throw out quick retreating f-airs and b-airs is made much harder, and restricts Ness' aerial mobility. When you factor in the benefits of Ness' wavebounces to Lucas' the comparison is laughable. Stick with the C-Stick.

Top Bottom