• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else miss some of the old stages?

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I kind of miss Dreamland, Four Side, and (I think) Jungle Japes.

I'm really disappointed with the DK stages in Brawl.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Dreamland, Poke-Floats and the Metroid one with the monster in the background(lol i forgot the name)

I think the Melee stages were better made than Brawl's... I mean just compare Hyrule Temple to New Pork City, in the last one you can't see what the hell is going on...

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
Dreamland 64 is my favourite stage in ssb history so I wish it was back for round 3. True it is relatively easy to recreate in the stage maker but still.

Fountain of Dreams was an amazing stage that again is easy enough to remake.

and truth be told I think that all of the 64 stages should have been included or at least elaborated on (Corneria and Brinstar style)

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
How on earth does Dreamland 64 not make the cut while New Pork City exists?
I'd have rather seen Hyrule Castle come back than the Temple, but from the Zelda universe I'd been really hoping they'd do a Kokiri Forest-style level complete with Sarias Song music.. That would've been lovely.=)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I miss...
Planet Zebes(Original FTW)(Best Metroid Brinstar Remix ever)
Classic FD(Master Hand music would be awesome and a fun stage)
Hyrule Castle(Even though I already remade it)
Metal Mario Stage(I mean who wouldn't want this!?)

Rash

Smash Ace
Since the decision for Melee stages was based on franchise, I actually think they made pretty good decisions based on the limitation set in front of them.

Jungle Japes > Kongo Jungle
Green Greens = Fountain of Dreams
Onett = Fourside
Rainbow Cruise > Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple >= Great Bay
Corneria > Venom
Yoshi's Island = Yoshi's Story
Brinstar > Brinstar Depths
Big Blue >= Mute City
Pokemon Stadium = Poke Floats

Some choices could've gone either way, but some were obvious.

As far as stages that I miss go, I'd say I miss them all. In the next Smash Bros. game, they should just have every stage from Brawl, Melee, and 64, as well as new stages. Why not?

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
64:
Dreamland, Saffron City, Hyrule Castle.

Melee:
Fountain of Dreams, Venom(? I dunno), the Mother stage with the UFO (Dunno it's name but IT ROCKED]).

O714553

Smash Rookie
I miss Saffron City, and whichever DK stage had the DK rap. That stage was awesome, what with the logs, and the layout, and that awesome song...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
does any one besides me think that green greens was the least popular option for a kirby stage. dreamland and tha fountain of dreams both rocked the hell out of green greens. now with the stage editor dreamland isnt too bad to make( my friend's first stage creation was metal dreamland) but you can recreate the fountain, it was just too cool and you cant make platforms merge like that. and even better, with the advanced game technology of the wii over the GC, they could make it so that it would lag, which would proly make it the greatest stage ever

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
well i don't see why they didn't include all the stages, its not a space issue, i mean you could fit all the stages for the 64 version in like a 15 megabyte file... they are just lazy, and led by Sakurai...
hell i would've gone for 198 songs, if i could have had all the old stages, and the DK rap
that said
i miss old FD, it was everyones friend, and it never gimped you, this new FD consistently steals a stock from me.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
In general, I miss all of the 64 levels, i think it was real stupid to not include them. It would have been sooo easy for sakurai to have included them.

Smash Ace
I miss the old Jungle Japes. That used to be my favourite stage.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule castle is the one I miss the most from pervious games. Though I did like Fountain of Dreams from Melee.

AndWii

Smash Rookie
SHOULD have replaced BIG BLUE (MELEE) and RAINBOW CURISE (MELEE) WITH HYRULE CASTLE (SMASH BROS 64) and PEACHES CASTLE (MELEE)

and thank god for not bring back POKE FLOATS! (with the fox mcloud glitch)

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, FINALLY someone else suggested the SUPAH OWLD FD.
But in all seriousness, I would love to lay on Metal Mario's stage, and on Melee's FD.
Also, Midair Stadium would be great.
Though, I hate that Fountain of Dreams is lost.
I had to make my own......
And it's not the same.
How about ALL of the previous stages?
Sakurai would love it, the random choice would truly be random!

In the next one, I hope Pichu comes back.
He got little to no mention, and I think he deserves a break....uh, turn.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
AHHH I hate the new Final Destination. And the new Pokemon Stadium (Melee version). Why couldn't they just keep the old versions (FD could have had some graphics changes, but stage layout should have been the same).

And yeah, I was hoping for DL64 and Hyrule Castle 64.

No fourside doesn't matter as much to me, since Peach doesn't rock that stage anymore.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Well I think the only stage I really miss is The Fountain of Dreams. The water flowing down and the nice Kirby orchestra really made it nice. Also the Poke Floats would have been nice for the flying characters.

Tube

Smash Rookie
i miss saffron city from n64, even though we are talking about melee, but come on! i like having random pokemon come out of the door and go "HAY GUYS LOL!" and it has the layout similar to fourside, which i also like, besides the space ship...

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Does Each Character having it's own target test count?

And no more race to the finish? D=

As a fighting stage I really liked saffron city.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Why Sakurai chose some crappy Melee stages for Brawl, we'll never know.

N64: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Yoshi's Island
Melee: Fourside, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle

barnes

Smash Rookie
hyrule castle from the original was always my fave and at least they included the one from melee in brawl =/

Dante X

Smash Apprentice
Why they all couldn't have been in (I understand the exclusion of the old Battlefield and Final Destination) is beyond me.

Top Bottom