• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else feel auto-sweetspotting should stay in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm92

Smash Ace
Notice how many people are for No ASL?
Now notice the size of your argument.

You might want a little more than "the game wasn't designed for it" then, seeing as the game wasn't designed to have Dash Canceling, true DD, comboable amounts of hitstun, etc etc.

Revven

FrankerZ
Diddy Kong is good onstage, no not just good, **** onstage. His recovery issues balance him out. Either lrn2recover or get ***** offstage.

NASL for life.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
*thinks about it for a split second*

Nah! :bee:

Auto-Sweetspotting was a simply bad mechanic in regular brawl; that's how planking and ledgestalling were born.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This game obviously wasn't designed for it being out with such characters as Diddy being gigantic edge guard targets without it.
The game wasn't designed for ANY of the changes made through hacks; that's why they're hacks and not, you know, in the game to begin with.

V-K

Smash Ace
That game was designed for no auto sweetspotting.

There are many moves that almost never work in normal Brawl (like Ike´s and Link´s dtilt spike).

And if you play against Wolf CPU he will always, when you try to recover, use down B to edgeguard. That only works in Brawl+ so I think Sakurai added the sweetspotting later in the work.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Which was why it was programmed with sweetspotting m i rite?

They rarely ever worked in melee either.
Marth's dtilt worked. It may have been teched, but it kept them off the ledge and did damage, and it wasn't particularly punishable by a tech-jump illusion, either.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If people wanted to play the way the game was designed, they wouldn't be changing it at all. I was hoping this was going to be an actual argument, cause i love debating this kind of stuff, but no. If you're going to make a thread suggesting some form of change to the B+ standard, at least try to provide convincing reasons, with a compelling, and well developed argument. Otherwise, you simply are just going to upset people, make people laugh at you, waste moderators' time, not get anything changed, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom