• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone actually NOT wavedash with Luigi?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Ya know, it IS his main way of moving. You can also chain combos with it. So, do any of ya'll Luigi players ever NOT wavedash? Wavedash ftw!1!

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
LOL. This thread is like asking a fox "Do you actually never shine" Or askin a Falco "Do you ever SHL". If any1 says they dont wavedash with Lui I will hunt you down..

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
i cant see me play luigi with out wavedashing. his run is so slow and he skids to a stop too. i wonder what it is like not wavesdashing with him......

EazyP

Smash Ace
I have no idea it was possible for Luigi to maneuver at all without wavedashing or wavelanding

I need to rethink my game with these new techniques, probably a new technique from Japan, they are so innovative. Just...how do you say...walking and running? Brilliant

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
wavedashing is a part of luigi's game.It is very essential.My brother doesn't wavedash that much with luigi,I tell him that you need to but thats his style.

Eten

Smash Ace
I've played alot against a good luigi who used to never washdash.(oxymoron) He just took a disliking to wavedashing without ever learning it or really understanding it for the longest time, even though he practiced and learned just about anything else you can think of. Eventually he just learned to wavedash though.

But while he never wavedashed, he was very limited in his methods to approach people.

Instead of wavedashing, he used alot of SH aerials and double aerials, rolls, CC, and spotdodging. Luigi does have a great spot dodge, aerials, and a decent roll, so I think against his normal opponents it worked just fine.(I believe he faced off against alot of Samus/Link/ylink who couldn't shieldgrab against an aerial)

In the end though he started playing up against more players using higher tiered characters, especially marth. When he found he would just set himself up for a tippered forward smash everytime jump towards a marth, or at the very least a shield grab, and roll into everybodies downsmashes- he changed his play and finally learned to washdash/waveland. At first he tried to use a fast walk into a forward tilt but... it wasn't effective enough. It ultimately comes down to the same problem with every other method, you are too predictable without wavedashing.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Most people who wavedash with Luigi don't really use it efficiently. Most times I see just wavedashing back and forth over and over without really trying to do much of anything with it. Used when needed, however, it's very effective.

pdk

Smash Lord
i recall hearing once that the best luigi in europe (don't know the name though) doesn't WD, might wanna look into that

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You don't absolutely need wavedash to play professionally with Luigi...it'd be kinda hard but I'm sure Aniki would find a way, lol.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Noobs don't, obviously...

I know a few decent players that don't wavedash much with him. But they still use it sometimes because it is that useful...

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I don't wavedash MUCH. I'm an aerial type of player. I'm good with jumping towards my opponent and wave landing.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Most people who wavedash with Luigi don't really use it efficiently. Most times I see just wavedashing back and forth over and over without really trying to do much of anything with it. Used when needed, however, it's very effective.

Hmm...what Luigi players are you watching? Nearly constant WDing is necessary for high levels of play with Luigi. Everytime you're not in the air doing something, or doing some jab-to-whatever approach, you should be approaching with Wavedashing and constantly spacing yourself with it. So basically wavedashing is needed all the time with Luigi, so you should be doing it all the time. (But of course there are those who use it all the time for the completely wrong reason, which is who you're referring to.)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I only remember one Luigi player that didn't wavedash...it was so weird fighting him because he didn't know many advanced techs but he was self-taught. He was a counter-type player, and very defensive. I never beat him, at least not his Luigi >_>

Metticus

Smash Cadet
my friends younger bro doesn't wavedash. Partly because he doesn't know how, but regardless he is still somewhat of a decenty player.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
there's a decent weeg in TX, goes by LG. never wavedashes. he's usually doing double aerials or downB.
I have never played him I don't think >_>....

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
to be honest i hadnt even heard of wavedashing or the term f-air,shuffling or teching but now i cant help but wavedash its great for mindgames and i think its fun lol. so to answer your qquestion i never used to wavedash with luigi but i do it all the time now.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: @ pic

If it wasn't for wavedashing, I likely wouldn't be playing as Luigi. I picked him up when I was starting to learn the basics of WD'ing a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom