• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone actually NOT wavedash with Luigi?

ZeFrenchman

Smash Rookie
There are so many people who wavedash but actually suck and don't know how to use it at all. And those people are bigger noobs than the luigis who don't know how to wavedash but can still somewhat play the game.

-PM-

Smash Ace
There are so many people who wavedash but actually suck and don't know how to use it at all. And those people are bigger noobs than the luigis who don't know how to wavedash but can still somewhat play the game.
you have a great point i know a luigi that that knows how to WD and another friend that mains falco and he can just pick up luigi and beat my friend that mains him its pretty funny

tensa_zangetsu

Smash Rookie
haha well i mean i didnt wavedash back in the day when i was a smash noob i think back to those days and its totaly a wast of time to play luigi and not WD i mean you might as well sell you copy of smash lol :):)

ZeFrenchman

Smash Rookie
I admit that wavedashing is mostly the be all and end all of matches concerning Luigi, but I've seen some extremely impressive stuff done by Luigis who don't wavedash. In fact I didn't wavedash for the longest time yet I still beat quite a few players who wavedashed. Although I admit it's much easier now that I wavedash :)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I really doubt the existence of a Luigi player that doesn't wavedash...

Jeez

Smash Rookie
I've seen a pretty decent Luigi not playing with wavedashing.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys really took this thread to the extreme...

Oh yes, notice I said "wavedash". I mentioned nothing about wavelanding. :lick:

"Trix Commercial Theme"

nOOb: Ima gunna edgehop, then waveland bak 2 edge.
*nOOb attempts said action, but accidently air dodges too high and falls to doom*
nOOb: Mamma f***a!??!?!/!//1!!?!/1?! (It's a pun on Mamma Mia and Mother f***er)
Isai: Silly nOOb. WD is for pros.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Marto

Smash Rookie
WaveDashing is good, but I personally dont really use it, and im still pretty good with him. Luigi can get around just fine without the need to wavedash. just being smart in your movements and timing your jump/roll can be enough to get around people. i've gotten off plenty of combos without the help of wavedashing.

-PM-

Smash Ace
WaveDashing is good, but I personally dont really use it, and im still pretty good with him. Luigi can get around just fine without the need to wavedash. just being smart in your movements and timing your jump/roll can be enough to get around people. i've gotten off plenty of combos without the help of wavedashing.
yes but can you get a crazy juggle from 0 to 100% then slap your enemy off the map making your friend want to crap him self with out wavedashing?

Marto

Smash Rookie
yes but can you get a crazy juggle from 0 to 100% then slap your enemy off the map making your friend want to crap him self with out wavedashing?
maybe not all the way to 100% in one juggle, but I can still get someone up there pretty fast and make it really difficult to get away once i've started, I just cant do it as fast as somebody using wavedashing.

-PM-

Smash Ace
well the point of wavedashing is to keep your combos going like ppao (im sorry if i misspelled that lol) and ka-master can just destroy most players in one combo not to mention if your not a fast character like fox, falco, falcon, ka-master and the other pro Luigi's will just tear you apart with mindgames and WDin just look at ppaos combo video if you were going against him you wouldn't be able to keep up and thats the HUGE difference between learning how to WD and not.

iv met luigis that cant WD and i beat them on my yoshi idk if its because there just plan bad or WD really healps that much

Marto

Smash Rookie
well the point of wavedashing is to keep your combos going like ppao (im sorry if i misspelled that lol) and ka-master can just destroy most players in one combo not to mention if your not a fast character like fox, falco, falcon, ka-master and the other pro Luigi's will just tear you apart with mindgames and WDin just look at ppaos combo video if you were going against him you wouldn't be able to keep up and thats the HUGE difference between learning how to WD and not.

iv met luigis that cant WD and i beat them on my yoshi idk if its because there just plan bad or WD really healps that much
I just checked out ppao and ka-master on youtube. my style with Luigi is a lot like ka-master, only I dont do the wavedashing. I havnt really had much of a chance to play against many other really good players, so I guess I havnt had the need to really use wavedashing. i've never heard of there being any tournaments in Vermont, XD. I find that even without wavedashing though I manage just fine. luigi's backflip is usually enough for me to manuver around.

-PM-

Smash Ace
look up silent wolf and tell me if you can out maneuver that lol or Dashizwiz. its not about just being able to get around with WD it also helps to dodge and punish people who have long reach like lets say you WD out of a Fsmash and WD back in with a grab thats one of the most helpful things with luigi vs. marth IMO

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
I used to lose to my friend's falco 2 years ago when i din't know wding. I learned over summer, met up w/ him after, and 4-stocked him thrice. Ever since, he switched to sheik and falcon.

It really is using it smartly though. wding back and forth CAN be useful when you time and space your wd correctly when opponents are falling back to the stage. It also allows for the great chaingrabbing gainst the space animals.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
FEH! Wavedashing is overrated like Winning =P.
Wavedashing NEEDS to be used...Its basically a major source of mind games for Luigi...And Luigi is a mind game player...So... WD doesnt = winning... But NOT WDING almost never = winning...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wow, you guys really took this thread to the extreme...

Oh yes, notice I said "wavedash". I mentioned nothing about wavelanding. :lick:

"Trix Commercial Theme"

nOOb: Ima gunna edgehop, then waveland bak 2 edge.
*nOOb attempts said action, but accidently air dodges too high and falls to doom*
nOOb: Mamma f***a!??!?!/!//1!!?!/1?! (It's a pun on Mamma Mia and Mother f***er)
Isai: Silly nOOb. WD is for pros.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
I notice sometimes you post really lame attempts at being funny, but compensate by posting in PURPLE

VKris

Smash Cadet
LOL. This thread is like asking a fox "Do you actually never shine" Or askin a Falco "Do you ever SHL". If any1 says they dont wavedash with Lui I will hunt you down..
...I don't wavedash. Well...I do maybe like 3 times a game. That meaning like... 5 seconds worth. Lol. I'm not bad without wavedashing.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I notice sometimes you post really lame attempts at being funny, but compensate by posting in PURPLE
I know... I've stopped that.

Well, not the color-posting.

...Are you being observant?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

FoxID

Smash Cadet
My melee partner mains luigi. He's a control stick jumper and he thinks changing his whole playing style to learn to wavedash isn't worth it. But keep in mind we and the people we face are amateurs. Also not many people that I know use or have ever really fought a human controlled luigi. So he is really unpredictable even without wavedash. Our luigi and Ness combo is pretty much unbeatable at our school.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
My melee partner mains luigi. He's a control stick jumper and he thinks changing his whole playing style to learn to wavedash isn't worth it. But keep in mind we and the people we face are amateurs. Also not many people that I know use or have ever really fought a human controlled luigi. So he is really unpredictable even without wavedash. Our luigi and Ness combo is pretty much unbeatable at our school.
Funny because I had a friend who wavedashed pretty well with the control stick

Top Bottom