• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc's moves

Roman.

Smash Champion
I was wondering what move is doc's fastest to come out on the ground. For example, my nair get's shielded by a shiek, what move should I use after the l-cancel so I don't get shield grabbed?

Or, my fair get's shielded by a peach. What move will come out fast enough so her d-smash doesn't annihilate me? From my experiences, up-tilt is the best for it works on both sides of doc. Jab seems like it would be fastest but I don't have much luck following up from a jab.

Please respond, ty.

MuBa

Smash Lord
D-smash also works since it comes out pretty fast. Or you can try a side-step dodge so you won't get grabbed...but seriously if I were you I'd try to f-air "passed" them instead of just doing it in front of them cuz ur gonna end up getting grabbed.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
what he said.

Try to fly through the opponent, because that only leaves them to the option of doing a shuffld Bair, which, most times, is fairly easy to dodge or to roll away from.

Utilts are good too i suppose... but you should never try to compete with a peach's downsmash, because when you try a Dsmash, you are likely to press down on your control-stick, since normally crouchcancelling is a good thing, only now you will pack about 50 damage with it... so dont dSmash a peach... sheik... that's possible.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Jab is what I use.

Or just sidestep if you know they'll go for the grab

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
The Jab is Doc's fastest move on the ground, but the Dsmash is stronger and will most likely hit someone before they shieldgrab you.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
2 jabs to dsmash works pretty well, but, as previously stated, attacking through the opponent works best.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
You have a good chance with dsmash but ftilt and utilt both come out in 4 frames. Jab's even faster and it leads into a lot of things. Keep doing it until they catch on that they shouldn't shield grab you. Then punish (or maybe get punished depending on your mood).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
there are quite a lot of moves to follow up with really. Dsmash or jab to whatever works the best IMO. You can even upB cancel if your in a flashy move.

Top Bottom