• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

doc has an up smash spike?

D

Deleted member

im playing doc a while ago for fun, my friend playing marth comes down on me from above and i up smash him spike him into the ground as if falco spiked someone standing on the stage. did i just discover something new or is this old news?

Gea

Smash Master
Hahahha you guys. If you usmash someone while they are on the ground, it acts as if you "spiked" them up into the air (they bounce off of the ground like they would if they got daired by falco).

That's normal.

D

Deleted member

yeah thats exactly what happened. i'd just never seen it in 5 years of this game, and playing with cyphus.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol i noticed this recently too... i'm wondering if it could be used as a spike? gea are you saying it does spike...or it looks like it...i'm gonna test n see if it can spike from an edge or something =/.

/very optimistic

Gea

Smash Master
You can't use it as a spike, I promise you, as they have to be ON the ground for that to take effect. That is hardcoded. You've just never been usmashed (or usmashed someone with Doc) while on the ground before.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Hahahha you guys. If you usmash someone while they are on the ground, it acts as if you "spiked" them up into the air (they bounce off of the ground like they would if they got daired by falco).

That's normal.
Wouldn't that mean it could be teched?

I just thought it was a non-sweetspotted usmash, which has a lot less vertical knockback

Gea

Smash Master
Wouldn't that mean it could be teched?

I just thought it was a non-sweetspotted usmash, which has a lot less vertical knockback
Hmm.. Never see anyone tech it, I'd try it out. But seriously -- go into training mode and usmash someone on the ground.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Or better yet...Action Replay! ^_^

That way I get to frame-by-frame it and look at it from all the pretty angles.

I practice in Debug Mode lol

EDIT: Yeah they bounce off the ground. lolz

which makes this a much better move if your opponent's in the air >_>

Top Bottom