• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DOC critique?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Hey I liked the first match. The two characters you guys play are ones that I play (Doc and Young Link), so I can critique both.

Loki - I like the use of Sex kicks. Most people tend to spam fairs for no apparent reason, but you have a good start on approach.

YL Player - Pretty good technical skill and very good use of WD - sex kick edge hog.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The first match was very good. I think you should focus on more SHFFLs, though. I don't recall seeing a single Bair. Nair is very good to approach with. A little more pill spam would be good. Just practice.

As for the second match I saw a lot more you could've done better. Again, a little more SHFFLing would be nice. I also think you use the cape a little too lax. Don't spam it so much. Next, when you go on the offensive, try to be more aggressive. I notice you get up to him but hesitate in your movement. Keep the attacks and pressure rolling. Also, go on the defense more often and spam your pills. Not only does it offer recooperation time but you can also rack in some extra damage and put the pressure on. Also, when you wave land off the platforms, try to come out of them with an attack. One last thing, more jab combos.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Well I have to say that my idea about your doc is that its pretty suck =D....Cause I beat it all the time....Zero's Luigi/Falco Ftw?...But here is what I believe honestly.

1. More SHFFL'ing
2. Distance yourself more with spacing
3. Pressure the other player (I know this because....I pwn you each week)
4. Stop attempting to use other characters to beat me.... (FALCO LOL)
5. Use BAIR riding more
6. You attempt to use your cape to edge hog way to much, when you could have come down there and bair my face...

Thank You

Ronin686

Smash Ace
The first match was pretty good. You are a good doc player. The only two things that really popped out at me was

1. More SHFFL's
2. at 1:20 you missed the wavelanding which ended up raising your % quite a bit.

FOB

Smash Ace
~You used dash attack to a point where it was really predictable.
~You play too slow
~ don't use grounded pills

Most of them are pretty easy to fix but really just try to speed up your game. IT was VERy slow. good work though.

Loki(702)

Smash Rookie
Thx for all the great and positive criticism.
Ill be sure to add your suggestions to my game and definitely speed it up.
And yah so keep the good positive feedback coming and expect to see more vids of me owning up my crew.

-LOKI

I'mDK

Smash Rookie
Hmm, i would say try to speed it up a little. Your on the ground a little to much. Also try to use your aerials a little more. To many times you were a little predictable with dash attacks, so try do reduce the amount of them you do. You seem to be repeating some attacks to much, when you could gain more out of other attacks. Look at the situation differently to see which attacks would be more effective. Try to be a little more aggressive while your going out for attacks while at the same time being unpredictable.
Other then that you played pretty good.
Some other tips would be to try to pick up SHFFLing a bit more, and just add shield grabbing.

I'mDK

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
lol more shuffles definately
uh dont be so prdict able like
do 2 dash atacks and then when i sheild go grab stuff like that
work in your wave dashes
dont fall for all my combos

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm gonna be the one to critique the grabs? :/

Granted there weren't many on your part, you could have done better combos out of them.

At lower percents try UThrow SHFFL'd UAir > FSmash.
At higher percents DThrow UAir combos~

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
Thx for all the great and positive criticism.
Ill be sure to add your suggestions to my game and definitely speed it up.
And yah so keep the good positive feedback coming and expect to see more vids of me owning up my crew.

-LOKI

Hahahaha cody its not goin to happen, Future got you beat last tourney

Top Bottom