• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc advice

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Don't let the Doc pill camp you.
Punish his f-air's if he misses with a dsmash maybe.
Most of Doc's combos are grab> air attack. So avoid getting grabbed no matter what.
Watch out for Doc's SHBAWD, it can be brutal if pulled at the right time.
The cape ***** luigi.
And yeah :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Waveshield through the pills.

Be faster when you react after the Nair. You miss a lot of stuff mostly because you land on him with Nair, then wait a second to react to his DI. That sort of reaction should be automatic. It shouldn't take, especially with a move like Nair with such little variation in trajectory, half a second to input a full jump Fair or whatever to finish the combo.

F-tilt is the essence of Luigi's ground game and should be used much more than what you're currently doing with it.

I would refrain from doing so many full jump Uairs and whatnot to pressure. Luigi's air-time is long, and he doesn't move much. Additionally, Desh seems to be capitalizing on this frequently enough (usually with Bair, which isn't pleasant to be hit by when your recovery is as amazing as Luigi's) for it to be considered a problem. I would advise spacing F-tilts or SH aerial wavelands (notably spaced Fair/Dair), double jump wavelands (notably spaced Fair/Dair), double aerials, and similar mixups in place of some of those full jumps. I can see the benefit of full jump aerial; it covers space somewhat effectively and covers jumps out of shield, which are common enough to factor in when choosing what to pressure with, but he's punishing you for them more than you're catching him with them, which makes it a vulnerability and therefore you need to use other stuff.

WIGI

Smash Champion
thanks guys.

he has mroe vids on his computer of when i did better/won, btu he doens;t seem to like uploading those =P

like all my ftiliting amazingness against his falco.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
f-tilt is good universally in varying degrees.

i'm pretty sure it outranges doc's d-smash. if you're being cc ***** by his doc for f-tilt, space it better. luigi's legs are longer than doc's and you need to abuse that or you looooooooooooooooose.

Top Bottom