• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use his D-Taunt?

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Hello fellow Weegees! :4luigi:

As you might now, Luigi's d-taunt can spike enemies on the ledge. But do you actually use it?

I only managed to kill some one with it in For Glory ONCE. How near to the ledge do you actually need to be? Do you find it useful?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I've tried lots, always fail though. Only characters I can land it on are Falcon and Ganondorf.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
I can't do it, it's too risky for me. While i'm doing the taunt, they quickly kick their feet up so they can go for a combo.

Bralef

Smash Cadet
I got a CPU character with it on the 3DS version, once...I don't think that counts.

JSConrad45

Smash Cadet
I've landed it on For Glory three times. You pretty much have to be right at the edge for it to hit, and it's probably only going to work on people that don't know about it (which is a lot fewer people than before, since one of the loading screen tips gives it away). Sometimes you can scare people into dropping down from the ledge with a dsmash or dtilt, and catch them with the dtaunt when they re-grab, but if they're smart they'll do a ledge-hop aerial.

You may also have some luck using it on people whose recoveries have a hard time snapping to the ledge before going over the stage line, like Mega Man, Ness recovering with double-jump, or (irony of ironies) Luigi.

Edit: also there's the people who think they own the ledge, and like to drop back and re-grab without touching the floor a lot. Namely Villager and Jigglypuff. You might be able to catch them in their hubris.

Last edited:

Mr Melo Yellow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-2813-7966
Just attempted it for the first time in for glory and I pulled it off!
This poor fox had no idea. Thanks to the new ledge mechanics, it couldn't be easier. I managed it after harassing the fox with edge guarding and going deep off the stage. As he grabbed the ledge I immediately grabbed the ledge and pushed him off. While his was trying to recover again, I got up as fast as possible and went for the taunt.

This seems the best situation to do it. It'll work wonders on characters with slow recovery, and most people tend to think less and panic when they're getting edge guarded.

Top Bottom