• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Sonic was added to the game because...

dingadergen

Smash Rookie
Do you think that sonic was added to the game just because of the fans and a way to sell copies or some other reason?
Whats your reason and thoughts?

Sonic is a very unique character I want to see why you think he was chosen as part of the roster.
:sonic:
:)

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Of course, the number one reason he was brought in was to serve the fans. However he still stands as a unique and interesting character to use.

volbound1700

Smash Master
He is unique, popular, and could potentially bring more unique characters in future.

Knuckles and Tails would both be unique PCs as well. Heck, even Robotnik would be great.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i would love robotnik to be in it, heck that would have been great if robotnik was in the SSE. They could have at least made him a stage hazard in green hill for fun xD Knuckles would rock in Brawl, he'd have massive power and glide! I can see his moveset already.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Sonic was put in to serve fans, yes. But as a early Sonic fan (Down with 3-D Sonic games! Except Sonic Adventure 1 and 2) and BIG fan of his DS/GBA entries (Sonic Rush and the sequel, and Sonic Advance 1-3 were almost as good as Sonic 2) I was still surprised he made it in.

Though his specials are questionable. I was expecting Up B to be the Light Speed Dash but the Spring is serviceable, I guess. I still don't like how that gave him a Spin Ball AND a Spin Dash. IMO, Spin Ball is better and forward B should have been Sonic Wind or something.

But what's done is done.

Tails and Knuckles, I'd willingly accept and look forward to.

Shadow and Silver, I rather be color edits/costumes for Sonic. I'd be hard pressed to accept Silver as a PC in smash. Not so much Shadow, but I wouldn't ask for him to be playable either.

Would honestly want to pay as Blaze more then Silver or Shadow. She has better potential to be "unique" rather then "Sonic Cloned." Course, C. Falcon and Ganondorf are from two different series. >.>

Robotnik would make a nice boss or stage hazard. Not so sure about a PC.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
Sonic was in because a lot of people wanted him in ofcource. Plus I think Eggman should have been a boss for SSE...but anyway does any one else see that Sonic is making his way back up you know with all the good games coming out later this year(Sonic the dark brotherhood,and Sonic Unleashed)

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I'm gonna laugh when BioWare makes a better Sonic game then Team Sonic has done as of recently.

But I am looking forward to that Sonic RPG. Me love-y Mass Effectu!

And I haven't seen/heard anything for that Wii game but if it's like Sonic and the Secret Rings then at the least it will be decent.

Just please, please be nothing like that 360 and no rodents on hogs with gunz. :/

dingadergen

Smash Rookie
Sonic The dark brotherhood? Never heard of it. If you have any pics or info of this then plz tell me.

Anyway. I wanted knuckles, tails and all the other sonic characters to be in but I always had that sort of feeling like it wasnt going to happen. But thats just me and my un-optomism. =(

Suna

Smash Journeyman
I'll post links in a sec but Dark Brotherhod is a RPG by Bioware and Sonic Unleashed is the nexts main game in the series and it's going back to its roots its a 3D Sidescroller thats has a little of Sonic Rush,Sonic Rivles and SaTSR

Sonic Unleashed Pics- http://spindash.de/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=841&func=viewcategory&catid=88 I used to have a video but Sega made me delete it

Sonic RPG pics- http://spindash.de/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=841&func=viewcategory&catid=84

Station

Smash Cadet
i would love robotnik to be in it, heck that would have been great if robotnik was in the SSE. They could have at least made him a stage hazard in green hill for fun xD Knuckles would rock in Brawl, he'd have massive power and glide! I can see his moveset already.
Knuckles would be way too overpowered lol, he's pretty **** fast and strong as hell.

I suppose they'd Nerf his speed though, so he'd be slow as hell.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think everyone is missing a key point in my opinion. Super Smash Bros is about famous characters from Nintendo history and Sonic was just as important to Nintendo's history or even more important than a large portion of the cast. Though he isn't my favorite character (priority = garbage) he still deserves to be here no questions.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If it wasn't for Sonic. Mario games wouldn't have had to worry about Better quality in their games. The only possible competition was Pac-Man and the such. And where were they in the late 80's? Still in the debt of the Video Game crash.

Sega had the nerve to try to compete with Mario with the blue fast hedgehog we all know as Sonic. Had Sonic been never made: Mario games might of suffered either a shrinkage in quality or the same quality over and over. Mario still has good quality because of Nintendo having to compete against Sony and Microsoft.

What should also be a big reason why Sonic got on the roster. Is the amount of people who would like to see Sonic punch Mario in the face, vice versa, or Tag Teaming up against other characters. This time, the fighting between the two is no flash movie or a Fan fiction. This is an actual fist fight between 2 characters that made the greatest Video Game rivalry in all of Video game history.

Top Bottom