• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play campy or aggro?

Sails

Smash Ace
I need to start camping again. I started to tune my game to be more aggressive since people were constantly saying it would be better, and it has turned out to be pretty bad. Now it's tough to get back out of that habit.

Count

Smash Champion
Who told you that lol? I think even az, the most aggro diddy would admit that camping is better. He just says its boring haha.

:phone:

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
But isnt it better to be more aggro against snake than campy? after all new england is known for their snakes o:

Anyways I like being aggro but being campy usually gets better results...in most mus

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Campy is good against most characters except for some other campy characters. Waiting for an approach can let you hit them with a nanner and then follow up with it.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I hate Olimars... Thanks for the tip[ Ingulit. His pikmin are so annoying, you sometimes just have to eat the damage to get in.

Player-1

Smash Legend
falling fairs are easily shield grabbed though, I like to camp if I get the lead by z dropping bananas and recatching them with nairs to stop the pikmin

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Start off strong with bananas and follow-ups. If they are far then you can peanut camp against Olimar, but the Pikmin are super annoying.

Count

Smash Champion
falling fairs are easily shield grabbed though, I like to camp if I get the lead by z dropping bananas and recatching them with nairs to stop the pikmin
Yeah....falling fair is way too dangerous against oli....you have to treat getting grabbed vs oli almost like its the ic....not that much but its still awful. I actually play kinda aggro against oli, but I use P1's strat too. One of the few matchups I go aggro in.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
It really depends on 2 things:
1)the player
2)the character

I usually try to find the balance in game, but it shifts more one way/the other depending upon the 2 mentioned things before. I see my playstyle as "Patient Aggro"

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I get aggressive when I get the chance to. I camp when I can also. Sometimes I just wait for something to happen, and then go super aggressive. I like having two super different play styles to keep my opponents on their toes.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I depends on what character I play against and whether or not the opponent plays campy. If my opponent plays very campy, then I will try to beat him at his own game. I am comfortable playing against any aggressive opponents. The only character I will always play super campy against is G&W

Top Bottom