• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you love how Palutena presents herself in Smash Bros 4!?

Do you like her attitude in smash 4.

• Yes! She serving diva Realness and is so fierce!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No. I don't like her serious expression.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Yay more girls in smash is always welcomed!

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Link is stronger then Pit.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Where is Ridley!? Sakurai!!!

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I loved the dialogue. I loved the cheesy humor in Uprising. I love the characters.

Uprising stands as my personal GOTY in 2012 and stands as my most favorite game on 3DS. The revival Sakurai did for Kid Icarus was stellar. Lady Palutena was my most wanted character the only one I screamed out loud for.

During the stream, and they showed that one last announcement- I approached the television screen. My heart sank. I clasped my hands, stared intensely at the television screen: "Lady Palutena! Please! Palutena!"

And then, the clip rolled and I saw her fabulous chin and heard that voice. I died. I was cheesing. I was trembling with excitement. The music started to play and the memories of playing Kid Icarus Uprising and experiencing such a great game sank in (and during that time I was going through a small taste of hell with my personal life but the game really clouds most of that period).

And my god, the music. I hope to see the majority of this amazing soundtrack in Smash Bros. Motoi Sakuraba did an impeccable job with his compositions in the game. The Chaos Kin- and how it was even referenced in the trailer. To those who never played Uprising or even care for Kid Icarus, the dialogue most likely went over their heads. To me, it was an amazing thing to watch.

To hear Anthony Del Rio reprise his role as Pit also left me real happy as well as Viridi and Palutena's original voices (you even hear the amazing Goddess of Nature in that trailer).

Lady Palutena will not replace my default mains of Kirby and Ness. But she will stand proudly with them. I'm thrilled to have her in the game. Thrilled to see another female character in a game mostly dominated by males. I hope her personality shines through in this game. And I hope Hades, Medusa, Magnus, Phosphora, Pyrhon, etc make some sort of appearance through dialogue and trophies. I will pass out if Hades ever becomes playable as he stands to be my most favorite villain in any Nintendo game. But I may be asking for too much. As long as I hear his voice.

Kid Icarus fans should be happy. And I'm sure they are. She's finally here. Everything else from here on out is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I did play it. The characterization nowhere near deserves the praise it gets. The "comedy" is cringeworthy and everyone besides Dark Pit is an unlikable tool. He's like the only person who realizes that everyone around him is a huge ****head (besides Pit, who's just Palutena's little *****) and wants no part of it. Every time anyone brings up "LOLHADESSOFUNNY" I vomit a little bit in my mouth.

The gameplay was fun, I guess, but the characters were awful and are insanely overrated.

Her trailer did capture her personality really well, which I hated, because I hated her stupid personality.
There is no doubt the dialogue and humor in Uprising are very subjective and is definitely not for everyone which describes Uprising in a number of ways. It's either been a case where people really love it or loathe it. That's understandable, though I'll say your response is unusually hostile compare to those I've seen who don't like Uprising.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I loved the dialogue. I loved the cheesy humor in Uprising. I love the characters.

Uprising stands as my personal GOTY in 2012 and stands as my most favorite game on 3DS. The revival Sakurai did for Kid Icarus was stellar. Lady Palutena was my most wanted character the only one I screamed out loud for.

During the stream, and they showed that one last announcement- I approached the television screen. My heart sank. I clasped my hands, stared intensely at the television screen: "Lady Palutena! Please! Palutena!"

And then, the clip rolled and I saw her fabulous chin and heard that voice. I died. I was cheesing. I was trembling with excitement. The music started to play and the memories of playing Kid Icarus Uprising and experiencing such a great game sank in (and during that time I was going through a small taste of hell with my personal life but the game really clouds most of that period).

And my god, the music. I hope to see the majority of this amazing soundtrack in Smash Bros. Motoi Sakuraba did an impeccable job with his compositions in the game. The Chaos Kin- and how it was even referenced in the trailer. To those who never played Uprising or even care for Kid Icarus, the dialogue most likely went over their heads. To me, it was an amazing thing to watch.

To hear Anthony Del Rio reprise his role as Pit also left me real happy as well as Viridi and Palutena's original voices (you even hear the amazing Goddess of Nature in that trailer).

Lady Palutena will not replace my default mains of Kirby and Ness. But she will stand proudly with them. I'm thrilled to have her in the game. Thrilled to see another female character in a game mostly dominated by males. I hope her personality shines through in this game. And I hope Hades, Medusa, Magnus, Phosphora, Pyrhon, etc make some sort of appearance through dialogue and trophies. I will pass out if Hades ever becomes playable as he stands to be my most favorite villain in any Nintendo game. But I may be asking for too much. As long as I hear his voice.

Kid Icarus fans should be happy. And I'm sure they are. She's finally here. Everything else from here on out is just icing on the cake.
This accurately sums it up for me. Kid Icarus Uprising is the best game on the 3DS and Palutena is half the reason why. Sakurai is doing a real fan-service for us here. Praise Him. Also she is giving me LEGS and LIFE with that slit in her dress!!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The only character whose dialogue was horrible for me was, to be honest, Pyyron (or whatever haven't played the game in a while). Personality = +, lines = -.
Palutena though was fantastic.
How can you not like lines like "Shazamityblam!!"?
Troy Baker is one of my all-time favorite voice actors.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
How can you not like lines like "Shazamityblam!!"?
Troy Baker is one of my all-time favorite voice actors.

Honestly, I'm a little bummed Ali Hillis didn't reprise her role as Palutena's voice actor.
I did like that line, as well as "Feel the wrath of my Pyro Blaster, space weirdos!"
Most others I did not.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
But it's your responsibility not to be one.
Stealing that.

Personally, I liked the dialogue of Uprising. I actually kinda miss the Saturday Morning Cartoon shows that I used to watch, so I found it to be a bit refreshing.

As for Palutena herself you can bet I'll be playing her. No way I won't be. She's just too awesome to pass up. I kinda hope there's some Viridi/Nachure representation too, even if she's not a playable character. At least as a boss or something.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
This is my favorite newcomer trailer out of all the other ones for sure.

andimidna

Smash Master
Whats wrong with the dialogue? IMO best part of the trailer.
Best part of E3!

Stealing that.

Personally, I liked the dialogue of Uprising. I actually kinda miss the Saturday Morning Cartoon shows that I used to watch, so I found it to be a bit refreshing.

As for Palutena herself you can bet I'll be playing her. No way I won't be. She's just too awesome to pass up. I kinda hope there's some Viridi/Nachure representation too, even if she's not a playable character. At least as a boss or something.
Viridi would have made a great character, but--

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Say what you want about her trailer, I'm just happy that she's in the game at all, I'll agree she seemed a little dull in the trailer in ters of voice acting but I still remember her Uprising performace and that's why I loved the character in the first place and Istill do for that reason.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I do hope there is always to turn off her dialogue during battles. It might get annoying after some time ._.
I doubt she talks during battles at all. After all, Doc Smith doesn't commentate when Little Mac is playing

Ragna22

Smash Ace
By the way I don't know how many people caught this but that woman was keeping up with Sonic in her trailer, I saw no signs of her being left behind at all she was straight catching up to him, that's gonna be lethal given her heavy ranged game...I kinda like it mainly because it just makes sense to me that the goddess of light would have the fastest running speed in the game.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Wow, apparently the dialogue was bad for certain people... I know they are opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong.
Anyway, if they didn't like the trailer why in the world would you come here just to say bad things about it, that's the most stupid thing in the world, you guys must be really bored.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
By the way I don't know how many people caught this but that woman was keeping up with Sonic in her trailer, I saw no signs of her being left behind at all she was straight catching up to him, that's gonna be lethal given her heavy ranged game...I kinda like it mainly because it just makes sense to me that the goddess of light would have the fastest running speed in the game.
I don't particularly like Sonic's running being outclassed, being the fastest thing alive and all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't particularly like Sonic's running being outclassed, being the fastest thing alive and all.
Maybe they should call him "The fastest mere mortal alive". :troll:

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
As of now, Palutena's reveal trailer is mine favourite of them all, the second one being Little Mac's. The cartoon-animated trailers are the best. The dialogue was great, as it really brought out Palutena's personality. And I absolutely loved the fight scene between Link and Pit, and how Palutena swooped in at the last moment to save Pit from a humiliating defeat...only to give him a humiliating deportation. This was definitely the most hilarious newcomer trailer thus far, the next one being Wii Fit Trainer's.

In mine opinion, Kid Icarus: Uprising is living proof that cheesy dialogue and humour, if done right, can be quite phenomenal.

Morbi

Scavenger
As of now, Palutena's reveal trailer is mine favourite of them all, the second one being Little Mac's. The cartoon-animated trailers are the best. The dialogue was great, as it really brought out Palutena's personality. And I absolutely loved the fight scene between Link and Pit, and how Palutena swooped in at the last moment to save Pit from a humiliating defeat...only to give him a humiliating deportation. This was definitely the most hilarious newcomer trailer thus far, the next one being Wii Fit Trainer's.

In mine opinion, Kid Icarus: Uprising is living proof that cheesy dialogue and humour, if done right, can be quite phenomenal.
I agree to an extent, I am not sure if her trailer was my favorite. Little Mac's was so great, after all. However, it was certainly one of my favorites. I just wish they made her more talkative, surprisingly enough. There just was not enough, she felt a little bland. But then again, everyone else feels the opposite. The style did seem reminiscent of Kid Icarus Uprising, but at the same time, it did not. I do not know how to explain it. All I know is the more I watch the trailer, the more I like it.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
It just makes sense to me that the goddess of light would be able to run faster than the hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound ya know?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
She doesn't normally run faster than Sonic, she used a specific power up to increase speed/decrease weight.

I'm sure Sonic will remain the fastest character ignoring that specific power-up.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Loved it. I'm glad that that SHAFT did the animation for her unveil and I love some of the references used such as how she and Pit had fought against each other.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was glad that Palutena is in the game but this ain't Brawl. If I wanted to play as Kristen Stewart, I would pick Mii Fighter... and even the Miis have more facial expressions!

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Even in the anime style (which admittedly, I am not the biggest fan of) her trailer would have been awesome, without the pointless fanservice. It is already tiring having to deal with boys who can't control their hormones posting embarrassing stuff about Zamus, now we have to deal with the same thing for Palutena. Amazing.

No complains about her dialogue, though. It sounds fine to me.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know as a fan service game, I think Smash is still pretty moderate. I recently finished playing Project X Zone if you want to talk about a crossover that over empathizing the fan service when it comes to the female characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well... light travels faster than everything... and Palutena is the goddess of light.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I image the lightweight move makes her temporarily move faster at the cost of the attack not actually doing damage or protecting her in any way. So it's probably a fair enough trade off.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
It's awesome! She's the same silly, fun, (and a little smug!) palutena from uprising, which is hilarious btw! I won't main her most likely, but she's definitely gonna get some of my attention.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Gotta agree that those few seconds of blatant fanservice in the trailer were pretty juvenile. Kinda put a damper on my initial excitement...but it IS a trailer and it was made by Shaft so shoganai. She also wasn't presented as colorful as she was in Uprising. If there is dialogue with Palutena and other characters then I hope they get her and everyone else's character/personalities right.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Who has votet for '' Link is stronger than Pit ''? Its senseless and wrong.
Pit is much stronger than Link. ( There are to many evidence for this ).

Oh and yes Palutena was more as great!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Palutena's is my 3rd favourite trailer, 2nd being Mega Man's, 1st being Rosalina's. All of the trailers are great though, in their own way.

I thought the dialogue captured her perfectly (right down to the fact that I didn't realise it was Ali Hillis voicing her). The fight between Link and Pit was cool, as was the Pittoo tease. We got to see pretty much all of her moves, nearly. And she flaunted her assets, proudly! :D

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Every character's intro makes them look broken. At the very least, it shows them always hitting, always scoring kills, and generally winning.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I like Palutena a lot, and I LOVE Kid Icarus Uprising. It's one of my favorite games ever, the dialogue is great, and everyone had a fleshed out personality.

So for a long, LONG time, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like Palutena's trailer. Like, I like the gameplay idea behind her, which is using various KI:U Powers and normals that utilize a shield and staff. But I just couldn't get behind her trailer.

Then I realized that I didn't like all the Male Gaze that her trailer gave her in the animated bits. THEN I realized that Sakurai gave her an uncharacteristically emotionless face in-game, when I'd have liked to see her change emotions as she often did in the Uprising conversations. Finally, her trailer had all her gameplay bits thrown together near the end of the trailer while the rest was eaten up with different camera angles depicting Palutena walking, or float-running, or doing idle animations and just NOT ATTACKING.

The other character trailers didn't have these things (Villager's doesn't really count since his trailer was the official Smash 4 trailer), so Palutena's disappointed me in those regards. Nonetheless, you should all know that I'm looking forward to playing Palutena anyway since she was one of my favorite characters in Uprising, and like people have reported with Mega Man, she may not be as emotionless as she initially looks.

Top Bottom