• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you love how Palutena presents herself in Smash Bros 4!?

Do you like her attitude in smash 4.

• Yes! She serving diva Realness and is so fierce!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No. I don't like her serious expression.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Yay more girls in smash is always welcomed!

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Link is stronger then Pit.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Where is Ridley!? Sakurai!!!

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I like Palutena a lot, and I LOVE Kid Icarus Uprising. It's one of my favorite games ever, the dialogue is great, and everyone had a fleshed out personality.

So for a long, LONG time, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like Palutena's trailer. Like, I like the gameplay idea behind her, which is using various KI:U Powers and normals that utilize a shield and staff. But I just couldn't get behind her trailer.

Then I realized that I didn't like all the Male Gaze that her trailer gave her in the animated bits. THEN I realized that Sakurai gave her an uncharacteristically emotionless face in-game, when I'd have liked to see her change emotions as she often did in the Uprising conversations. Finally, her trailer had all her gameplay bits thrown together near the end of the trailer while the rest was eaten up with different camera angles depicting Palutena walking, or float-running, or doing idle animations and just NOT ATTACKING.

The other character trailers didn't have these things (Villager's doesn't really count since his trailer was the official Smash 4 trailer), so Palutena's disappointed me in those regards. Nonetheless, you should all know that I'm looking forward to playing Palutena anyway since she was one of my favorite characters in Uprising, and like people have reported with Mega Man, she may not be as emotionless as she initially looks.

I agree with you... Sonic is smiling too. And I LOVE Kid Icarus Uprising too. I think nobody can campare the feeling of Kid Icarus Uprising and SSB4 to each other. ( I mean only the Kid Icarus characters ^^ ). But after all she smiles sometimes. Like here. ^^ Look this from the bright side, she is all the same in Smash bros playable. =)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure they get her fixed up in time. I think she looks still really pretty at the moment but of course, I expect more emotion when the game keeps on building. I mean...

You better have an appropriate expression for this kind of a scenario.

Not that Palutena needs it.

Top Bottom