• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like Yugi'oh?

Shök

Smash Champion
Wow, that's good.

So around when is that going to happen?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i'm not chozeneone is going to shoot me but i wanna play Mtg and Brawl thats it so i decided to get rid of all my yugi stuff and forget about it. thats all.
Razia=10 bucks
If i get Zaborg= 12 sound good
Cyber valleys= 10 a pop
Mirror force= 20
Jinzo= 10
pm if you want the rest of the list.
i have pink leters now

Shök

Smash Champion
Hmmmm, why are the Zaborgs a higher price than Raiza?

Oh and good for you.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
I like Yugioh the abridged series... IN AMERICA

seriously though why does the world revolve around a card games in that show?
I liked the season that only came out in Japan (It did not really have any "Oh noes!!!I've lost a card game and now my life has no meaning" moments, well maybe a few at the end...)
I laugh at how in the world of yu-gi-oh and pokemon, how "strong"/ "touigh" you are depends on your skill at cards or how strong your slaves are. Does Yu-gi ever think of just SHOOTING Marik?! Why do the police in Pokemon not carry real weapons?! IT BAFFLES ME!

Although Kiaba has been known to fling cards with deadly accuracy and dish out nasty paper cuts...

Urb

Smash Journeyman
OK, my frendz are a little weird in teh hed, can some one anzer theez questions?

1. Can you play ANY spell card (this includes equips) on your oppenent's turn?
2. Can you use a non-flip monster effect on your oppenents turn if it doesn't specify this in the effect's discription?
3. Does "once per turn" mean your's and your oppenent's turn?

That is all.

ANSWER THEM SO I CAN LULZ IN THEIR FACES!

Shök

Smash Champion
1. You can play QUICK play spell cards during your opponents rutn. The ones with the lightning icon on top.

2. That depends on the monster. You should look it up.

3. Once per turn means your turn.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
1. You can play QUICK play spell cards during your opponents rutn. The ones with the lightning icon on top.

2. That depends on the monster. You should look it up.

3. Once per turn means your turn.
HAHA! Yes! Those noobs were TOTALLY wrong! I was right about all of it seeing as I have played for about 5 years more then them. Tnx for what may have seemed as "common knowledge", my friends lack this.

I will print this.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Anyone playing YGO in tourneys wouldn't have any more than 40 cards in their deck.
gadgets....

Hmm.. so PS.. you know some ppl in Team Savage, and Overdose? [holy fcuking **** i feel old] btw.. Evan Vargus aka Sandtrap is a fricking doushebag...

honestly im waiting for DaD to either 1- get banned or 2- get restricted to 1...

otherwise this game is going to become more ******** than magic >_>

but in all honesty the 2nd list for advanced was probably the best [with the lack of OTK's and skill still involved].. wow that takes me back... I got banned from upperdeck for like 2 years for using my friend's name to enter nationals for him... LMAO.. i'm still angry about that ****.. 7-0 [AT FCUKING NATS] and then they "politely" ask me to leave >_> you've think w/ a record like that they would just let me stay... /sigh
lol wow. im supprised people even know who OD or savage is lol

wait wtf, evan vargas is on smashboards? lol

drcossack

Smash Ace
I used to love Yugioh. I mainly liked the card game.

I got really good at it, I was about to enter a tournament but I never did. But I was definitely prepared for it. I ended up making a real 40-45 card "tournament rules" deck and it was really good. Did a lot of trading with some people at school and bought a lot of boosters. This was years ago though.
I played a boatload of tourneys in my area - two stores ran them (one on Saturdays, which was the "Official" tourney sponsored by Upperdeck. I played in it twice.) In my very first tournament, I completely destroyed my first two opponents in under 3 minutes each; in one of the matches, the kid surrendered after the first round. I surprised the store owner when I said "I'm done" - I didn't have to wait long for Round 2, but I finished the second round so fast that I was waiting for about 10 minutes for everyone else to finish up.

I lost in the 3rd round because I sucked. Kid I was playing had pumped up Maha Vailo to 4050. He direct attacked me, I took his monster with Change of Heart. I had Jinzo and Summoned Skull in my hand, and I believe I had set Ultimate Offering on my first turn. I could've ended the duel right there. :(

I played my second tournament a few weeks later after retooling my deck a bit and came in 4th out of about 72 people.

In the other store's tournaments, there was an A group and a B group. I was a consistent top 4 finisher in Group A. I miss that deck (Beatdown) - if it weren't for the Ban List, I'd have continued using it. Unfortunately, when the best cards in your deck are banned (Raigeki, Imperial Order, Mirror Force, Monster Reborn, Mage Power, United We Stand, etc), there's no real point in continuing to use it. I switched to a Magician deck after that, and I continued to use it until I quit playing.

Anyone playing YGO in tourneys wouldn't have any more than 40 cards in their deck.
I had 41 cards in my Spellcaster deck, but that was 3 years ago.

I <3 the Abridged Series though.

Shök

Smash Champion
HAHA! Yes! Those noobs were TOTALLY wrong! I was right about all of it seeing as I have played for about 5 years more then them. Tnx for what may have seemed as "common knowledge", my friends lack this.

I will print this.
Yeah no problem :).

So Pimpslap.

Why did you quit playing card games?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i hated the way yugioh was heading to another CED type deck dominating the format in MTG there is like 10 different deck types in typer 2 right know (type new is only the newest stuff) the game is all around better lolz.

i still play casually shock when you go to axxos tell me i will bring my gladiator beast deck and if you got extra monarch i could barrow them for the duel and make gladiator monarchs......

Shök

Smash Champion
Ok I see.

Well the only thing I need are some Dark Monarchs, Dimension Prison, and a D.D. Crow.

What are you looking for?

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Ok I see.

Well the only thing I need are some Dark Monarchs, Dimension Prison, and a D.D. Crow.

I am looking for a good duel....

We should set up a thread for yugi playing, like mail chess. Y'know, we write a post that says what we did that turn, so we would be playing over the web.

Of course we need to run on a "trust" system...nut I will play fair if YOU do...
If interested, PM me and I (or you) can set it up!

drcossack

Smash Ace
I am looking for a good duel....

We should set up a thread for yugi playing, like mail chess. Y'know, we write a post that says what we did that turn, so we would be playing over the web.

Of course we need to run on a "trust" system...nut I will play fair if YOU do...
If interested, PM me and I (or you) can set it up!
It might be easier with an AIM chat room - I used to duel that way quite often. There's still a trust issue though.

I'd like to see how my old deck can stand up after 3 years of not playing.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
It might be easier with an AIM chat room - I used to duel that way quite often. There's still a trust issue though.

I'd like to see how my old deck can stand up after 3 years of not playing.
True, but this way people could comment easier...although that would interfere w/ yon duel...

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Ok I see.

i got most of that shock hit me up lolz i still got like a good collection..... ...

you can probally barrow i don't sell though

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
YO SON!

WTF IS UP WITH THIS ****?!

THIS AINT NO POKEMON!

THATS A CHINESE MYTH DRAGON FROM SOME ZEN TEXTBOOK!

You gotta roll with the homeslices with a SHINY MAGIKARP LEVEL 100!!!

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

(sponsored by Red Bull)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yeah it actually involves ALOT of strategy to build the decks it's like magic but it has non resuable mana....

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
mana is used in magic to pay for spells. spells are everthing in magaic but lands. lands produce mana. thats what you use to pay for your spells.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
What's mana?
First Off...

LMFAO.

Secondly...

due to game mechanics n' such... which btw i played Vs, Yugioh, Magic, Magi-Nation all professionally...

Magic is probably the worst system out of them all.. player skill wise that is. It's basically Poker due to lots of bluffs w/ the ability to counter card before they even hit the field. Everyone plays the same deck, and they are so few card variations it really doesn't matter. Luck, and infinite combos.

Yugioh has a large amount of skill in comparison to indiviualizing YOUR deck, and gameplay is pretty intense due to the ability to activate quickplays, and trap cards... unfortunatly there is no COST for any cards minis SSing/TributeSummoning.. so meh.

Vs takes successful aspects of both games, and probably takes the most skill to outright play CARDS correctly, but in terms of deckbuilding, and attacking n' such.. Yugioh takes the cake.

Magi-Nation was just alot of fun, but lacked a real competive scene.

Spoils BLOWS.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
And you honestly think PoKemon is "Harder" than Yugioh... that would be cheese sir.

Talk about broken. There is a reason the first two sets of that game were banned >_>

and now all of the decks are more broken than before.. I've talked at lengths about this w/ William Hyung.. not only did he sing "SheBang" but is also a "world class" Pokemon player.. the game is severally lacking in anything other than luck >_>

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
iono yugioh has died to me it in all actuallity is too simple and magaic does have a luck factor and bluff facter but yugioh rely's on the same basics to a much deeper level.(hand advantage rules in yugioh) . Magic does do 1 threw 5 turn wins unless you have like 3,000 dollars lolz

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Basically..

Then again.. hand advantage rules in any gaming atmosphere...

Think about hand advantage as options.. the more options you have, and you win.

In Smash it could be seen as "Tech Skill"... the more moves/things you can perform at your disposal the better off your are at reacting to your opponent.

Top Bottom