• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you leave after one battle in For Glory?

Do you?

• Total voters

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
If it's really laggy or even worse, has input lag, I'll leave. Same case if the person is clearly at a lower skill level or just a spammer.
I also only run one game with certain characters, since they're always a pain to fight and simply not fun.
These include :4mario: :4link: :4ness: :4sonic: :4tlink: :4samus: :4pit:

Last edited:

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
I'll leave if it's super laggy or if I don't have the slightest chance of even putting up a fight. If someone plays Sonic I just kill myself, since I have better uses of five minutes than watching them hope they get lucky with the roll and run away until I kill them.

Other than that, not really.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
I only leave if the other player is too inexperienced for me. Im no pro or nothing but i'm not new to smash either so if i'm destroying someone i probably should leave to not net easy wins.

Though sometimes i fight twice if i feel that person isn't playing a main or a character they know cause you can tell from how people play if they know some things about the game.

Also lag as everyone else said.

OH AND IF YOU'RE SONIC BECAUSE EF SANIC

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
I'll stay to learn a character. But if it's sonic, THEY CAN DIE! So I leave.

srn347

Smash Apprentice
I basically follow the same rules as shofu's FG videos: stay for best 2 out of 3, unless the other person lags or is really bad or annoying.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I out-annoy people with my samus.
I winquit(yes that will be my word) when they clearly show a lack of skill and NOT adapting when their current strategy fails. It clearly shows they aren't when one keeps spamming their specials *cough*Mewtwo*cough*

I'll winquit mewtwo until the mewtwo hype is down. He turned to the new little mac.

Mecha Mario

Smash Rookie
NNID
MechaMarioAE
3DS FC
1993-8462-2177
Depending on how the first match, I usually stay and do a 2 out of 3 match. If match was pretty laggy, would leave as not too fun playing those kind of matches sadly.

D

Deleted member

If it's really laggy or even worse, has input lag, I'll leave. Same case if the person is clearly at a lower skill level or just a spammer.
I also only run one game with certain characters, since they're always a pain to fight and simply not fun.
These include :4mario: :4link: :4ness: :4sonic: :4tlink: :4samus: :4pit:
Came here to post this exactly. I don't mind staying for a few games if there's only a tiny bit of lag present, but if you're gonna taunt because of the lucky kills you're getting as a result of it, why should I!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaimy_18
3DS FC
5086-3025-4977
I usually don't leave after just one battle. When I lose, I would like to give myself another chance (provided my opponent doesn't leave). In a similar manner, if I win, I would like to give my opponent another chance.

Last edited:

Ratsu48

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-7197-9505
I think because they are egotistical cowards, they taunt and teabag the entire match, they run away and spam too much, I guarantee that if people were punished for such conduct a large number of people would never play fighting games again, and you ever notice that people who are total assholes in for glory never step foot in huge tournaments like EVO. me personally if I have to leave after one match on the second round I pick Zelda and do her down taunt which is her waving I try to signal that as me saying goodbye and I SD

Ratsu48

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-7197-9505
I'll leave if:

1. You're bad. I can't learn from you if you aren't too great. I know it sounds mean, but I get my enjoyment out of playing good people.

2. Lag like what 90% of everyone else in this thread is saying.

3. Something else came up.
you don't stop to think they wanna learn from you?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It honestly depends on my opponents.

I play the game for enjoyment when and if my opponent allows it. I don't have time dealing with players who think rolling is the best thing ever, or ones who think running the whole time is a 100% full proof strategy. If the opponent spams it's honestly a maybe. I find spamming to be annoying, but if it's at least a close game (win or lose) and if they don't act disrespectful about it I may stay for an extra round. It really depends on my mood. It's also interesting to see them try different spam characters out when they lose.

If someone is down right disrespectful (not to mention pretty poor in skill to the point they can't back it up) then yes obviously.

Otherwise, no. I'll stay as long as it's fun, and will especially stay if my opponent is obviously having fun as well. It's rare but once in a while I'll find an opponent who knows how to have fun and knows in the end Smash is just a game. I will stay for 3 hours with these types of players due to how much fun they can be. I can even get my face beaten in the whole time and still stick around.

All that matters to me is both me and my opponent having fun.

Literally_Something

Smash Rookie
I only do this (maybe at least most of the time) when I have to address other issues as well (e.g bathroom, family, schedules). I never recall leaving a match because of a player as far as I know, but it's possible that it happened. And while I have issues with lag, I don't quit over it until the game quits for me, usually over connection issues.

Overall, I tend to stick around for several matches.

SlickJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlickJ95
I only leave after the first game if I win and I'm trying to find good players to practice with. When this isn't the case I usually play until I start wining too much, or get bored of playing the same person. Sometimes if I'm feeling relaxed I'll continue to play unskilled players while switching to characters I typically don't use. To me this becomes like labbing session without it being so boring (going to training mode is boring imo).

In my opinion it's better to give people two games before leaving, the reason why is because I give my opponent the benefit of the doubt that they may have chosen a character they aren't used to using yet and they may pick a character they're more comfortable with in the next match.

Top Bottom