• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Do you have your Wii U already or are you planning on getting one later?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dude. I played it like 6 months before it came out. Not hating, just nothing out yet that would pique the interest of gamers outside of hardcore Nintendo fandom. I'm still trying to find a cheap 8 gb one, but that black one is kinda hot.
Don't even bother with Pikajew you'd be better off arguing with a dead cat.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Hey, anybody know where I can get a Wii U for cheap? Considering getting one next week, and I'm thinking about copping one off of ebay. Any info would be appreciated.
The cheapest I've seen is about $120 on ebay (the 32gb black), which is pretty darn good. I've heard of mom and pop shops selling them for cheap, but I don't know any examples in the area.

I'm still trying to find a cheap 8 gb one, but that black one is kinda hot.
Yeah, if you plan to go digital, might as well go with the 8gb since either way you'll be using an external memory device, though the aforementioned ebay price for the 32gb beats out the retail price for the standard white, unless you can find a cheaper deal. They might become pretty expensive down the road, since they're not being produced anymore. It's a real shame that the system's only offered in black or white. The glossy black finish shows fingerprints and scratches (I'm sort of OCD about that), and the white's buttons obviously yellow over time (though this can be minimized with cleanliness). Black does look pretty slick, and the fact that it won't yellow probably makes it the best choice. Personally, I like the look of the white though. Wish it was offered in a 32gb model in the West, outside of the Skylanders bundle.

@ Wonks Wonks : Yours died? Can you give any details? I'm extremely averse to consoles with high rates of hardware malfunction. Had to replace my PS3 a little over a year ago, and it was not a fun experience.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
@ Wonks Wonks : Yours died? Can you give any details? I'm extremely averse to consoles with high rates of hardware malfunction. Had to replace my PS3 a little over a year ago, and it was not a fun experience.
This is the first time I've ever had a console die on me. I've had "hard locks" on the Wii U, but who hasn't, really? I was on Miiverse, left the room, and came back to find the Gamepad saying it had lost the connection with the Wii U. I looked at the Wii U to see the power light was completely off (not even a red light). I tried three different plugs, but the Wii U never turned back on, so I knew it was the machine.

I called Nintendo Support (the rep. I got was very helpful and apologetic), who suggested it could be the AC adapter. We did some troubleshooting with it, but to no avail. They said it "could" still be a faulty AC adapter, and they could send me a new one, but if a new one didn't work I'd have to send the console in for repair. I decided to send it in, regardless, rather than to wait an extra week or two if the AC adapter wasn't the problem.

Unfortunately, my warranty expired (I bought mine on launch) so I have to pay $180 for the repair, but they waived the shipping charge and said that a new one-year warranty would start after I got my console back in seven-to-ten days.

The rep. said that if they are unable to fix my console, they will transfer my NNID and eShop purchases to a new console (I can also re-download WiiWare titles for free, if needed). They only thing they couldn't guarantee was that my save files would transfer to the new system. Again, if I need new hardware.

I'm bummed about it, but these things happen, I guess. It's just poor timing. It must be an esoteric problem, because I haven't heard of any other cases like this (unlike the highly publicized 360 red-ring of death).

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
I already have my Wii U, I wanted it for both the games already on it as well as Smash and Zelda U (the two games I'm the most hype for.) I haven't personally had any troubles with it at all, and am really happy with it.

So I just won one off of ebay, and I spent a bit more than I should have considering that I'm in a position where I'm seeking employment, but I think I got a solid deal. It cost. 280.02 plus shipping the total is 298.47. But in the auction I got

Wii U 32 gb (black) with game pad
Wii U Pro controller
2 Wii Remote plus controllers
2 Nunchuks
Mario and Sonic at Sochi 2014
New Super Mario Bros. U

Of course I'm just going to trade in the extra Wiimotes and games at game stop which with their 30% extra trade in deal towards Mario Kart 8 I'll probably be able to pay it off fully with those things alone. Essentially I'll have 4 controllers since I already owned 2 Wiimotes, I'll have the pro, and the game pad. so that saves me 64.94 on the game, and getting a pro controller is on average 30 dollars so that saves me about 95+. Originally my Max amount would have been around 200-250 for the system but considering what I'm saving on what I would have spent it would have been around that much anyway, more if I would have bought it new.

So what do you guys think? Not too bad, huh?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
So I just won one off of ebay, and I spent a bit more than I should have considering that I'm in a position where I'm seeking employment, but I think I got a solid deal. It cost. 280.02 plus shipping the total is 298.47. But in the auction I got

Wii U 32 gb (black) with game pad
Wii U Pro controller
2 Wii Remote plus controllers
2 Nunchuks
Mario and Sonic at Sochi 2014
New Super Mario Bros. U

Of course I'm just going to trade in the extra Wiimotes and games at game stop which with their 30% extra trade in deal towards Mario Kart 8 I'll probably be able to pay it off fully with those things alone. Essentially I'll have 4 controllers since I already owned 2 Wiimotes, I'll have the pro, and the game pad. so that saves me 64.94 on the game, and getting a pro controller is on average 30 dollars so that saves me about 95+. Originally my Max amount would have been around 200-250 for the system but considering what I'm saving on what I would have spent it would have been around that much anyway, more if I would have bought it new.

So what do you guys think? Not too bad, huh?
I'm jelly. This is a fantastic deal. Congrats on scoring this.

Top Bottom