• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have any other hobbies than just Smash?

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Other than video games, not much. If you consider watching youtube videos a lot as a hobby there is that. There was a point about 2 years ago when I loved to watch anime, but then I realized most of the anime nowadays sucks or has way too many episodes for me to want to even bother trying to start from the beginning and catch up. I really just prefer to watch older anime that I know is great.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I play the Clarinet. But not outside of school. I also try to 3D model whenever I can. And I work on gunpla. And other videogames. That's sorta it.

D

Deleted member

Other than playing video games, I enjoy watching anime. Also I like to go on the internet, if that even counts as a hobby.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Doing side work on my truck, and messing around with the audio system.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I collect old RPGs. I have Earthbound, FF6, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG from my childhood (which is why I'm a Geno fan :p ), and over the years I managed to get my hands on FF4, Secret of Evermore, and Chrono Cross. I'll troll garage sales, thrift shops, conventions and the like to add to my collection.

Last edited:

Norway

Smash Rookie
NNID
N0rway
I collect video games. Nothing interesting.
Manga and Anime is cool, but my life is pretty much gaming

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I word on my dad's old 1966 MGB, play video games, play Trumpet inside of school and bass guitar outside of school, and do a lot of Melee.

PinballWizard00

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pinballwizard00
3DS FC
3325-1688-9149
Video gaming wise, other than Smash, I play Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda, and Mega Man just to name a handful.

TV wise, I watch cartoons/anime with my favorites being the old Nicktoons, a mix of old and new for Cartoon Network, and other cartoons. For anime, I'm into Dragon Ball, One Piece, old Pokémon, Attack on Titan, and recently getting into One Punch Man as to name a handful. (If you're wondering what my favorite Nicktoons are, it's just about anything from Klasky-Csupo, Angry Beavers, and Hey Arnold to mention a handful. For Cartoon Network, it's Kids Next Door, Ed Edd n Eddy, and Johnny Bravo to mention a handful. For the other cartoon that aren't from the two, it's Animaniacs. For anime, it's Dragon Ball Z.)

Other than that, I also love to collect figures whether it would be Amiibos or Lego Dimensions, or also trading cards like Pokemon and the Animal Crossing cards.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

Oouu, cool topic! Outside of any kind of gaming I invest my own time into, I enjoy dancing (primarily as a B-Boy, or "breakdance"), training / working out, going for walks / runs, watching anime, eating. . . Really, just always trying to be as self-expressive and true to myself as possible. Best way to live life, as far as I am concerned. ^_^

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I play my instrument nearly as much as I play smash or games now. I also study español y como lo hablar bueno. I also do homework and school stuff. I study music and make it. I love to create art. That's kinda it lol

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I play my instrument nearly as much as I play smash or games now. I also study español y como lo hablar bueno. I also do homework and school stuff. I study music and make it. I love to create art. That's kinda it lol
Cool, what instrument do you play? I studied music theory as well.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Alto sax, with a bit of tenor for jazz band. U?
A array of different instruments, guitar and voice primarily, although I started out on the keys (then took up guitar when I got sick of the compliments XD). Mainly self taught, with a couple lessons here and there.

How long have you played Sax?

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
A array of different instruments, guitar and voice primarily, although I started out on the keys (then took up guitar when I got sick of the compliments XD). Mainly self taught, with a couple lessons here and there.

How long have you played Sax?
I've been playing sax since 6th grade, I'm a junior now, so about 5 years. im still mastering my tone quality and the basic fundamentals to the T, but I'm pretty solid (according to my teacher). I kinda want to pick up a different instrument, but Idk which to choose. On another note, I'm also learning how to improvise. Are you good at that? What are some tips I can use?

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not playing Smash, I'm probably practicing piano. I enjoy classical, soundtrack, and anime music. Learning how to compose. I also enjoy digital photography and am looking to learn about film.

Huge into anime. When I get tired of practicing Melee, I jump into an episode or 15 of anime. If I was able to become a magic-fairy-neet, I would spend 12 hours watching anime and the rest would be divided between Smash and my other hobbies. As for other games, recently I've been getting into Splatoon and I'm still trying to replay Pokemon Silver.

FlanticPineapple

Smash Rookie
NNID
DPGxPinepple
I like to play my trumpet, piano, and any other musical instrument I can get my hands on. I own a ukulele also and play that here and there. That is my musical hobby. I like reading all kinds of books too. Video games are just another thing that I do when I have the time and or get really bored and get that urge to play a game. Fighting games are my jam because. they are fun to me and my friends aren't very good at them.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I go fishing fairly often when not playing smash, luckily I have a friend (porkchops) that's always down for both.

FlanticPineapple

Smash Rookie
NNID
DPGxPinepple
I've been playing sax since 6th grade, I'm a junior now, so about 5 years. im still mastering my tone quality and the basic fundamentals to the T, but I'm pretty solid (according to my teacher). I kinda want to pick up a different instrument, but Idk which to choose. On another note, I'm also learning how to improvise. Are you good at that? What are some tips I can use?
I play trumpet for jazz band and a good way for improvise is to know your scales and the key you are in. When I improvise I close my eyes and see all the notes fly through and put it in my solos. As long as you feel comfortable playing in front of people you should be fine.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Outside Smash I don't play a lot of games (gotta save dat money)

I'm a bboy so I listen to a lot Hiphop music in my freetime.

Joe Shmo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferris123
I love to play music. I've been taking guitar lessons for almos five years and I am learning trumpet in my school's music course

CrispyKarp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muscar
3DS FC
0404-7247-3657
I usually switch between smash and playing fallout. Outside of video games I play a pretty wide range of instruments and I read a lot. Nothing too exciting sadly

Alienz_King

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dman10063
3DS FC
2122-8341-7625
My biggest hobby is gaming. It is what I invest most of my time into. Other than gaming, I am starting to get more into sports. I've always had an interest in sports, but it was just a 'I'll watch a game because there is nothing better to do' kinda thing. But know I have been actually investing a little bit more time to get invested into sports.

D

Deleted member

music production

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I play a lot of other games, but as for 'other hobbies', I'll just assume watching shows and playing PC don't really count.

I play Bass Clarinet in my concert band (not much outside of school), and I'm actually in the midst of writing a small novel. A fantasy story, but it's still in the experimental phase.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Coding, Programming, etc. I even take apart controllers and paint them. And does editing my own version of PM count? I edit code on that thing, and I am still confused on most parts.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn't really consider Smash a hobby as it falls into the umbrella of gaming...which has taken a back seat as of late to more productive ventures/endeavors.

But as for hobbies; I enjoy drawing/painting, pets and animals which includes tropical fish, cooking, gardening, studying Japanese, and drinking alcohol

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Let's see. I'm a mediocre drawer, novice writer currently working on a Nintendo fan-fic I've been meaning to develop for years.

On the internet, listening to music and checking what's up at BuzzFeed, the Fine Bros, CinemaSins, Top 10 lists, Epic Meal Time or fouseytube.

Video-game wise, I favor strategy games such as Disgaea and Fire Emblem, with Fire Emblem being my most favorite. I also enjoy the Kingdom Hearts and Dynasty Warriors series.

I used to do a bit of Tae Kwon Do and am a dedicated fan for Track and Field. I also like watching boxing and the NBA (that's a sport I've been desperately trying to get back into). I don't have a gym membership yet but I enjoy working out.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Since the last time I posted I picked up a few new hobbies, or at least just things I do semi-regularly. I still play video games and watch YouTube a whole bunch, but now I have started to get back into anime a bit (thank you One Punch Man). A few days ago I finally watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Super and I am waiting until season 2 of OPM is done so I can watch it all in 3-4 days. A few months ago I started listening to hip pop music and since last month I ****ing love hip pop music. My friends convinced me to start playing basketball with them at gym in school (I suck really bad though, but I find it fun and it is healthy for me). Pretty much in the past 2-3 months I have started enjoying things I either stopped enjoying or never thought I would ever enjoy.

Onnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kikirishu
Yea, I got some hobbies! My main hobbies include drawing, designing concepts for my own comics / stories / animations, and other art-related things like making music, baking and writing stories! I'm also into researching plants, making teas / herbal oils, fixing things, hacking / coding, and witchcraft!

Quite a lot of stuff, but I enjoy them all greatly! :)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Is sleeping a hobby? Because I really enjoy sleeping a lot.

On a serious note, other than Smash I don't really have too many other hobbies. I draw, although I haven't done much of it as late I still tend to draw from time to time. I guess you can say I also collect various things. Other than collecting Amiibo, I also have a decent Anime/manga collection and tons of Dream Catchers all over my walls (I think it was between 22-25 or so the last I counted them).

Other than that, I'm not sure if you can consider this a hobby but I have a huge interest in dreams and lucid dreams. I really like reading as much information as I can about them and even tend to keep a dream journal. I don't know why, but it's just an interesting subject.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Other video games, anime, programming (Java), and FIRST.
Not much else really.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Realism face drawing and Splatoon, would like to get another one because Splatoon takes up too much of my time.

Poppin

Smash Cadet
- Animal Crossing
- Realism Drawing
- Make electronic music w Renoise, Fl studio, garage band and amature stuff like that
- Find music on soundcloud
- Zelda
- Visit other forums

Top Bottom