• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you guys think that...

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
brawl will last 7 years like melee did?

(assuming another smash doesn't come out by then)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Brawl has too much randomness and too little depth for it to be considered in the 7 year mark. I'd give it 3-4 years at most, if that. As much as I like Brawl, I have to be realistic here and say that people will eventually grow tired of randomly winning/losing due to BS and such.

And Melee is still quite alive, I believe.

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
No, i don't think brawl will last as long as Melee did. Unless all of the sudden we find a bunch of AT's to make it more competitive. Other than that, I think it'll die out in the next 3 years or so.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has too much randomness and too little depth for it to be considered in the 7 year mark. I'd give it 3-4 years at most, if that. As much as I like Brawl, I have to be realistic here and say that people will eventually grow tired of randomly winning/losing due to BS and such.

And Melee is still quite alive, I believe.
not as alive as it would have been had brawl not come out.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Who really cares?

I'd rather just play, compete, and have fun now instead worrying about the state of a videogame a few years down the line.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
No, i don't think brawl will last as long as Melee did. Unless all of the sudden we find a bunch of AT's to make it more competitive. Other than that, I think it'll die out in the next 3 years or so.
i think we're all forgetting how YOUNG brawl is.

It will last longer because it's a much better game.
PLEASE dont turn it into one of those.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Maybe if Nintendo wouldn't be so lazy in doing the rightful thing of giving wifi updates/patches, this could/would probably be the only Smash game necessary.

I mean come on, it's a great idea...right...?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Brawl will be dead within the next three years, easily.
No advanced technique(s) can make the game worth playing, simply because the BASICS of a good fighting game DON'T exist.

And Melee is still just as active as always; it's just quieter. There's a very large difference between "dead" and "quiet".

-Nox`

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I think it will last untill the next game comes out. Some people just like the most recent made game and some people don't. I hope it last a long time but I'm having fun in the mean time

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
It'll be played til the next smash- as some have said. The series is insanely popular around the world.

I'll sum up the answers you'll find here.

Melee fans- NO!
Brawl fans- YES!

The result? A blind, pointless argument about which is better. Hopefully the general Smash community will have matured by the time we find out the answer to this. Heh...

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Melee left it's big mark but I don't think Brawl will leave it's mark as great as Melee's

Top Bottom