• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you guys honestly think that the Ice Climbers are the best Char. in the game?

Straylit

Smash Cadet
This is a very iffy thread, dont you think? Sounds like your just trying to advertise your guide.

And no, i dont think they're the best character in the game. I think, used correctly, Meta Knight and/or Ike are the best characters in the game for various reasons. And frankly, i think that IC users who rely completely on their 0-death chain grabs like alot of the IC's are this board are going to be the reason the IC's grabs end up getting banned from tournament play. Completely disregarding their chaingrabbing abilities, its not a solid statement to say that the IC's are the best character in the game.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
they may not be the BEST in the game, but on this IC board they are by far the funnest and favorite character to play as. No one is best.....yes tiers exist but the differences in this game are so much slimmer than melee that they don't matter. Eskimos own, and so do people who fight for their friends and im pretty **** sure Popo and Nana fight for their friends too!

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
They still very much matter, just not as much as melee versus capcom 2

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
oh god hell no. As much as I love the little munchkins, they have too much going against them to be best in game. yes, they have an unescapable infinite but hell, they had that in Melee.

We'll be mid-tier again.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the Ice climbers have way to many weaknesses to be the best character in the game. That will probably go to Metaknight, ROB, or Snake.

The Ice Climbers infinites sound cool and all on paper, but you might not have much room to pull them off effectively depending on the map. The Ice Climbers rock on large flat stages like Final Destination, but you can't really do as much on smaller stages like Frigate Orpheon.

iLike2EatPiez

Smash Rookie
Probably not, considering that their whole basic strategy relies on Nana staying alive, and when you think about it that makes them rather fragile. Yes, they're pretty awesome, what with all the chaingrabs and desynchs and the like, but they don't quite cut it to top tier or anything.

Personally, I don't really believe in any single best character. It really depends on the players and strategies. As far as tier lists and similar rankings go, however, there are "better" characters out there.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Yes I do think there the best in the game.

Ice blocks great long range attack
Side B (wtf is it called) great for racking up %
Infintes( of course)
Cant be chain grabbed because of other climber
great spikes,( popo dthrow nana fair) and just plain old fair
desynchs....
decent enough recovery

whats not to like?

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
You forget their weaknesses though. They are easily separated and killed. Like Piez stated, once Nana dies, Popo is seriously handicapped. Plus, they don't have a conventional defensive game to prevent Nana from dying because she always lags several frames behind Popo. Air dodging and shielding are much trickier with them.

Don't get me wrong, I think they rock. I just don't want people to unfairly ban them without even looking at what makes them a more balanced character.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
they are high mid tier because 1. nana is an idiot who WONT recover.
2. against good ROB/snake/tlink they wont be able to grab you.
3. their infinites are very situational and one IC isnt very good

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
one IC has that Dthrow chaingrab though which can get what like 50%-60% in the right situation?^^^

samai

Smash Apprentice
No I dont think theyre the best but the have the coolest attack name "Squall Hammer" :)

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
The IC's are hardly the best characters in the game. They'll be at the lower end of the high tier at best, or the upper end of the mid tier. Main problem is that their at a disadvantage against what most preceive as the top and high tier.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
For me, they would be top tier material if you dedicate lots time to them since they are pretty much the only character that you can always get better at. For example, 3 months ago I could only KO someone with a grab about 1% of the time, and with a ton of practice now 95% of the time I land a grab I KO.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
one IC has that Dthrow chaingrab though which can get what like 50%-60% in the right situation?^^^
Uh, no. If you ever get more than 25% from a single IC chaingrabbing you need to check your opponents pulse.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
no

if people space they can't get grabbed.

Top Bottom