• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you ever wish you were Sakurai?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
THe guy ha spower, so much power, especially around here.

Whatever he posts, whatever he decides to reveal and do is always discussed and debated.

His word is gospel.

Has anyone wished they were Sakurai?

I legit feel like he is the most powerful man in the world sometimes.

As close to a God as there can be.

Thoughts?

Nielicus

Smash Lord
No. I don't want to be at the brink of death just for a video game even if it's smash bros :/
Too soon?

But seriously I like being myself lol, and I think I COULD make a good Smash Bros but game designing is not in my interest, like, at all lmfao

Senario

Smash Ace
THe guy ha spower, so much power, especially around here.

Whatever he posts, whatever he decides to reveal and do is always discussed and debated.

His word is gospel.

Has anyone wished they were Sakurai?

I legit feel like he is the most powerful man in the world sometimes.

As close to a God as there can be.

Thoughts?
But...what about world leaders? :yeahboi:

No, I don't want to be him. Though if I had to I probably wouldn't be like him at all.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
And have to listen while people ***** about my craft all day while my hands are in pain? Not at all. The guy's a videogame rockstar but I kinda pity him at times.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Sakurai is love, Sakurai is life

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Yes, I want to be Sakurai.

I want millions of fans praising me or raging at me for how good or bad the game is.

I want to be faced with tough decisions that will affect my game in the long run and possibly break the hearts of some fans.

I want to play through entire games in order to get ideas for who and what to add to the game.

I want to have a very unhealthy disease in both of my arms while I try to create a game that billions of people all over the world are anticipating.

Oh yeah, I want to be Sakurai alright.

Last edited:

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Yes. But only so I could troll the mess out of all you people discussing this game online with the stuff I do.

Pro: Sakurai has not physically aged in twenty years.

Con: He is constantly at death's door from the stress of Smash Bros.

I'm still thinking about it...

I just wish I knew where he buys his shirts.
Apparently a store called Casual Friday Forever.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Maybe for a day, just to get a few things in the game that I want. But there's no way I'd want to be stuck with his headaches/wrist pain for an extended period of time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The better question is, who would you rather be instead?

Sakurai's cat or Sakurai's wife?

inb4samething

Anyway, sure there's the whole thing with dealing with the Smash fanbase. But just think everyone, outside of that, you could be THIS GUY.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd rather be Iwata. Then I could give Sakurai an extra couple of years to load the roster up as much as possible for when I finally get to play it, lol.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd rather be Iwata. Then I could give Sakurai an extra couple of years to load the roster up as much as possible for when I finally get to play it, lol.
I'd rather be Reggie.

Clearly, you and I must do combat. ¦(

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
As the Director of Smash Bros? No, I'm admittedly pretty biased so I'll probably be assassinated by rabid fanboys within the first week.
You don't want to live in a world where K.Rool could've been playable but wasn't just because I didn't like the way he looks.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
For all we know with Sakurai, thats the world we live in
Fair enough. At least with Sakurai there's still a possibility. You'll get no K.Rool sympathy from me.
Also I'd probably delay the game to add Inklings and Lana. :laugh: I can already feel the fanboys knocking at my door...
Yeah I know they can be added as DLC instead but I'm emphasizing that me being Sakurai would probably be the worst idea.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
If I had to design video games, I'd ****ing kill myself.

In reality, it is nowhere near as fun as anyone thinks it is.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Pretty happy being myself tbh.

Sakurai gets way too much hate. All I get is kisses. <3 <3 <3

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sounds like someone needs to spend some more time around the Zelda/Sonic fanbase.
Smash is way, way worse.

Smash fans are happy on character reveals for about 30 minutes, then we complain the rest of the time.

Our house words are: 'Life Sucks"

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Smash is way, way worse.

Smash fans are happy on character reveals for about 30 minutes, then we complain the rest of the time.

Our house words are: 'Life Sucks"
thats not true. We complain about character reveals, even when there is one. theres no 30 minute peace time.

Its a fact of life. The minute we are happy, the smash community dies.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
The better question is, who would you rather be instead?

Sakurai's cat or Sakurai's wife?

inb4samething

Anyway, sure there's the whole thing with dealing with the Smash fanbase. But just think everyone, outside of that, you could be THIS GUY.

Is that really Sakurai?

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Meh, I'd much rather be Michael Patcher, because without him, games today wouldn't exist. :troll:

Seriously though, I've never thought about it much, but having a disease where moving my arm causes pain, and having a chaotic fanbase I gotta do everything I can for to make it happy, I'd have to say no.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
But this game includes those two fanbases. That's two ****storms in one!
You make a very good point. But keep in mind that all Smash fans are at least united in their dislike of coin battles and random tripping, which is more than you can say for either of those two fanbases.

Top Bottom