• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the dash dance!!

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo!!! Since Pit is the only character that can bring me as much excitement as i derived from melee, its only natural that i seldom use other characters. Anyway, since i love melee so much i naturally miss things such as wave dashing, L-cancelling, and such. Pit is just bringing them all back ot the table with ATs. God i love Pit.

Anyway, enough of that. I dont know if it has been mentioned before but im pretty excited about it so i am going to post anyway. I was playing pit today and discovered that he can Dash dance!! apparently everyone else can maybe?? i tried one or 2 others and it worked. It is a straight up melee dash dance, you just have to wiggle the joystick as FAST AS U CAN! no lie! You can even do a charged smash directly out of it! Anyway, am i the only one who loved dash dancing? Im def. going to pull it outta nowhere when the percentages are high and the opponent thinks he's seen it all ;-)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To be honest, the topic would probably be locked. Though you love Pit like I do, this wouldn't be the way to express it.
And every char can dash dance for ur information. Note that it isn't completely fun...

I'm gonna show you.
*Dash Dances, but trips* OW! Sakurai!!!

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
An option for no trips = Brawl is complete. Actually, maybe they could have more options for the custom stages as well... :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
yup everyone can DD and unfortunately DDing has been made sooo short it is basically ineffective. Glad to hear your love for Pit. (dont listen to Adm p :))

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
yea the tripping part is annoying, but i dont think you can trip while actually dash dancing... but you can on your way out of it. well i was just excited because when i just got the game i tried to dash dance and couldnt make it happen.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well, if you want to develop a Drunken Style then Dash Dancing would work pretty well. Spasm a bit, trip and dodge an attack to get up to nail your opponent.

Seriously though, Dash Dancing can be used in certain situations as far as spacing goes. Otherwise it's just people getting tripped up. Don't do it. lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
yup everyone can DD and unfortunately DDing has been made sooo short it is basically ineffective. Glad to hear your love for Pit. (dont listen to Adm p :))
Well excuse me for tripping while showing how much I love Pit (Dash dancing) :( That actually hurts.

NVM as long as you love Pit, that's good enough for me. It's better than those stereotypes I face these days.

MuBa

Smash Lord
An option for no trips = Brawl is complete. Actually, maybe they could have more options for the custom stages as well... :(
Again...Ocarina fixes that problem where you can overlap structures on one another, making Stage building a lot more fun and effective.

Seriously, why do people not support Tripless Brawl as being a tournament rule?

MuBa

Smash Lord
Shouldn't be that hard to regulate....all we need is everyone's Wii to have the HomeBrew Channel and the TO could use the legitimate SD card with only the no-tripping code on and boot every system this way.

kupo15

Smash Hero
how do you know they didnt add other stuff? but i dont know what the argument against it is. Maybe that fact that it will be hard to make every wii tripless brawl causing imbalances if you go to another tourney. idk.

MuBa

Smash Lord
If people who are going to tournaments realize there's cheating going on in the game I'm pretty sure people will notice it soon.

Also if a person were to to put an unfair cheat in his Wii, what are the chances of him/her getting that Wii in his/her pool?

Or what we could do is after the TO entered the code, they could tape the Card Reader shut (albeit a tape that won't leave marks). And if the tape is broken then we've found a cheater, DQ them and/or depending on whose Wii it is, redo the code and retape it.

That's just my two-cents. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do, even if people need the HomeBrew Channel, the TO can install it the day before the tournament (Usually people come over the night before anyway).

if you guys find anything that you see won't work then do tell me, I'm open for construct criticism.

Top Bottom