• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people think they're good when they play nothing but Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Yes, it probably is true that some people play Little Mac because they think they're good. But it's also true that people play Little Mac because they see potential in him and like his playstyle, despite his faults. You all seem to be acting quite high and mighty by saying "oh, it's so easy to edgeguard Mac" as though your preferred characters don't also have disadvantages. That sort of attitude is just offensive to Mac mains and this whole thread just seems like one big circlejerk of people wanting to claim that they're brilliant because they can beat one character.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yes, it probably is true that some people play Little Mac because they think they're good. But it's also true that people play Little Mac because they see potential in him and like his playstyle, despite his faults. You all seem to be acting quite high and mighty by saying "oh, it's so easy to edgeguard Mac" as though your preferred characters don't also have disadvantages. That sort of attitude is just offensive to Mac mains and this whole thread just seems like one big circlejerk of people wanting to claim that they're brilliant because they can beat one character.
THIS. Despite everything these people say about Mac's faults, I'm sure I could beat 70% of the people in here because they don't know how to handle a GOOD Mac. Don't judge someone's character because you see them being played incorrectly over and over.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
THIS. Despite everything these people say about Mac's faults, I'm sure I could beat 70% of the people in here because they don't know how to handle a GOOD Mac. Don't judge someone's character because you see them being played incorrectly over and over.
I agree! Anybody can bring out the potential of the character they're playing, and every character has it's faults. Down for a match sometime?

If anyone wants to play a pretty decent Little Mac, let me know. As long as I'm free I'm definitely down.

Last edited:

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Seems like Little Mac can't win. People complain because there are too many scrub Little Macs (I mean...they have to start somewhere..). And people complain because they think he's OP.

ShadowsAsgard95

Smash Rookie
Everybody picks him because "WOW 2 FAST AND SO POWERFUL!!!!1!"

Frankly, I main him, and he is not a rush attacker, that role fits more for a Sheik. LM is a technician, you have to perform all of his attacks correctly if you don't want to be punished, and you have to bait your opponent a lot to get the Kill.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm more concerned about people playing as him only just to make him look bad. I mean if you're not good with him without building up your skills then you shouldn't be using him at all especially online.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
What do you mean "Concerned about people playing him to make him look bad" and "Shouldn't be using him at all"

Who are you, the "Little Mac Police"? I'm sorry, can I get my good player badge so I can get permission to use Little Mac?

ROFLLLLLLLL

The only thing you SHOULD be concerned about is beating your opponents, and maybe if you get halfway decent at the game, helping others beat their opponents.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
When I said all that stuff, I meant they probably won't put up a good challenge no matter what characters I choose to play as.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
When I said all that stuff, I meant they probably won't put up a good challenge no matter what characters I choose to play as.
So like, a character troll then? Someone who just plays to give the character a bad name or piss off people who don't like him? Well, I'm sure there's at least one person in this world with that mentality. Hard to believe someone would spend their time doing stuff like that, but it's crazy sometimes how some people do choose to entertain themselves.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So like, a character troll then? Someone who just plays to give the character a bad name or piss off people who don't like him? Well, I'm sure there's at least one person in this world with that mentality. Hard to believe someone would spend their time doing stuff like that, but it's crazy sometimes how some people do choose to entertain themselves.
"Troll" is such a weak word...and that's basically what I'm saying except the "piss off people who don't like him" part, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were actually some who feels that way.

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
Why do you care why people choose to play a character? How does that affect you?
It affects other players as well because it generates a general image of the character and anyone who chooses to use him.
As of now the character is already getting a bad name (Just as Ike did back in Brawl) because so many newbies like to start using him, and thinking they are doing amazingly vs CPUs, (Who for some reason their AI can't handle Little Mac and treats him like he was Ganondorf) jump online and loose.

It is getting to the point of "Hey, there goes the Mac Scrub" or "What's your main? Mac? You must be a noob then".

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
New players play Little Mac for the same reason they play zoolock in hearthstone or spam katanas in dark souls, it's easy to learn, and it works a lot of the time. There will most likely always be these rushdown Mac players until something changes, whether that's LM receiving an outright nerf, or adding some stages with vertical elements to For Glory mode. But who knows if Nintendo will do either of those. I personally doubt nintendo will nerf him.

Last edited:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It affects other players as well because it generates a general image of the character and anyone who chooses to use him.
As of now the character is already getting a bad name (Just as Ike did back in Brawl) because so many newbies like to start using him, and thinking they are doing amazingly vs CPUs, (Who for some reason their AI can't handle Little Mac and treats him like he was Ganondorf) jump online and loose.

It is getting to the point of "Hey, there goes the Mac Scrub" or "What's your main? Mac? You must be a noob then".
And why do you care what random scrubs on the internet think?

Stormin' Mormon

Smash Apprentice
ha ha ha people in this topic falling into the "hardcore vs casual" mentality. What the hell.

Last edited:

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
And why do you care what random scrubs on the internet think?
Because pretty much what "random scrubs in the internet" say become word eventually.
While certainly not "Life threatening", it is annoying to be judged by which character you choose.
What is happening to Mac already happened with other characters in some other fighting games, and it takes a long timefor the "tag" to go away.

Think of it this way:
Before Smash 4 came out, a lot of people liked LM in his punch out! games. Now after the sudden rise of noobs playing him AND noobs getting beat by him, the character is now associated with low level play instead of what he was before smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom