• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do not buy Mario Kart 7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Link to original post: [drupal=5343]Do not buy Mario Kart 7!!![/drupal]

Mario Kart 7 is a terrible game.
I was a Mario kart wii player for 2 years and I was excited for mk7, so I bought a 3ds for 170$ and bought mk7 for 40$. I went home right away after buying the game and started playing. I slowly realized the game really wasn't good.
The Items are terrible. There is a new tail item. Your supposed to use the tail to hit anyone next to you while driving or you can use it to reflect green shells, red shells, and fire. The problem is, most people use the tail item for something else. Some players stop in the middle of the road where everyone drives, and try to tail everyone. This is called trolling. There is also another stupid item, the fire flower. You can shoot fire balls as much was you want, and every time you hit someone they lose a lot of coins (coins control how fast you go, you can collect up to 10, you lose them when you die or get hit). So if a player is right in front of you, and you have a fire flower...
In the past mario kart games, the bullet bill was a good item. You would get this item when you were losing and it would get you to a better position in the race very quickly. In Mario Kart 7, the bullet bill is an item you will never want to have. It is very slow in this game, it actually leaves you in bad postions 90% of the time. Sometimes the bullet bill will go offroad and you will die. Or it can hit a wall and get stuck there :D
If you played Mario kart wii, you should know that funkykong on the flame runner is the best combo in the game by a lot. And in mario kart 7 there isn't a broken combo, but there is a broken combo part. In MK7, unlike in MKW, you can make your own kart combo using wheels, a body, and a glider. One of the options you have for wheels are broken, these are the red monster wheels. They are very fast and have extremely high offroad, so you can take offroad shortcuts with out a mushroom, or a star.
The most broken course for the red monster wheels is Rock Rock Mountain. On this course there is a shortcut that saves about 5-6 seconds. If your using non monster wheels, you need a mushroom or star to take the shortcut, if your using the red monster wheels, you can do the shortcut very easily with out a mushroom.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why don't you play Pits? That sounds like some crybaby **** right there.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I bought Mario Kart 7.

and since you didn't put in the effort to proofread your own post, I didn't read it.
If you knew i didnt proofread my post, then you did read it.

Why don't you play Pits? That sounds like some crybaby **** right there.
Pit annoys me and makes me very mad. I hate how he can run away from you and spam b the whole game, and on fd its much worse.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No, he just read the snip at the end that said you didn't proofread it because you were too lazy. But now you've edited that out to look smarter. Why aren't you still posting in Size 4 Magenta Times New Roman?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
No, he just read the snip at the end that said you didn't proofread it because you were too lazy. But now you've edited that out to look smarter. Why aren't you still posting in Size 4 Magenta Times New Roman?
I used century gothic.

TL?

Smash Ace
You thought by posting an obnoxious, whiny, poorly formatted topic filled with grammar mistakes you would make me want to go buy a copy to spite you. Nice try. I'm not falling for that one.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
lol, I was completely serious. I understand that you would think it was a joke because I am a terrible writer.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Mario Kart 7 is a fun game.

I too bought the 3DS and Mario Kart as my first game. I was blown away by the 3D and the sound of the crowd cheering seriously made me look around to my left and right until I realized that it was the freaking speakers being awesome. I had fun doing the grand prix and 3 starring everything, and then had more fun playing with a friend. Then I had even more fun online. And then I had more fun playing online with a friend. Then I had a little less fun when people kept choosing Maku Wuhu. But then I had fun again when Nintendo patched that glitch.

I still pop the game in and have fun every now and then.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
the fact that you seemed to have praise for mkwii already made me not take your post seriously.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If you play a game with a friend or play in random rooms with people you dont know it will be more fun. But when your playing against the best players in america or really good players(the japanese players are better imo but they are on at different times) you realize how stupid some things in this game are. In a random room, most people dont care about their kart combo and if its good or not. In rooms with all good players, most people will use red monster wheels and will win more than people using wood wheels because of the advantages on certain courses, and these courses are picked a lot.
btw, i am not mad even though it may seem like i am.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yo, this is interesting.
The OP, as well as posts 5, 7 and 11 are all from somebody on my ignore list (I assume they're all the same person) but nobody has quoted the OP yet, so I have no idea who it is.

So I'm gonna take a look at my ignore list and try to guess who it was based on the posts in this thread.

I've narrowed it down to the following
-Shwaffles
-The Good Doctor
-GYK
-BlueZelda

Apparently this person is typing in an obnoxious manner (multiple grammatical+spelling errors, different font) so GYK and BlueZelda seem the most likely.

I'm gonna go with BlueZelda, cause GYK usually makes threads about Brawl.
Was I right?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Can a mod please lock this thread and hide it if possible?

@infiniteV115
I dont know you so im surprised im on your ignore list.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
@infinite: Huh~? Never thought of making a game of your ignore list. Sounds fun~
And the grand reveal iiiiiiiiiiiiis~!

Can a mod please lock this thread and hide it if possible?

@infiniteV115
I dont know you so im surprised im on your ignore list.
Good show Infi, good show~

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What I found odd about the OP was that it complained about items like the tail and the fire flower in MK7 being broken, but then thought that the bullet bill from MKWii was a good item, which was one of the most broken items in the series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So you're like one of those Melee guys but for MKWii? Suddenly I hate MKWii.
Get out. No one wants to hear your self-hating Brawl philosophy bull**** Oasis.

GET OUT.

*points to door*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't really see how a single part being 'broken' is bad, when at least everyone can use it to be fair. In MKWii, there's only one Funky Kong.

Apparently this person is typing in an obnoxious manner
Also their choice of bright magenta is a part of that.

Ironic, I know.

Can a mod please lock this thread
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom