• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do ghosts really exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractic

Smash Cadet
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by firaga01:
<strong>
also, fractic, whats a GOSTH?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He sorry. I'm not english u know

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by firaga01:
<strong>If u r Christian, you were exorcised the day of your Baptism to avoid you getting possessed. Now, the only way for the devil tog et in is through you, and once he's in, you gotta do ANOTHER exorcism to try to get it out.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Really? I wasn't aware. I was always taught that Baptism is the removal of original sin. Everyone is born in sin (and if you are a real Christian you are taught this). When you are baptized, you take that sin away. It's not a permanent excorcism :rolleyes:

Team_Xtreme_666

Smash Journeyman
<strong>Science- Under the law of relativity, energy cannot appear or disappear without a source. Thus atomic energy was developed. Due to this same concept, if there really were ghosts, this world would have some pretty big craters to worry about....</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I theorilize that ghost do have a source, but they choose to be visible, and invisible at will. Like when paranormalist, hunt ghosts their usually invisible (the ghosts), and they use heat sensors.

Link_

Smash Cadet
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by xray95:
<strong>I don't believe in ghosts.

I think they're someone's subconscience playing tricks on them. Also, other 'ghostly' experiences could be contributed to sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis usually happens when a person is lying on his/her back about to fall asleep. Suddenly, they find that they can't move their bodies. Then, feelings of a dark presence (someone evil standing over you, but you can't see it) start to enter the person's mind. This happened to my friend, and the thought of it seems creepy to me. However, this is probably a result of spinal fluids and brain synapses... or something. I used to have a very informative site on it, but I don't feel like finding it right now. Like sleep paralysis, there are also many other explanations for so-called 'ghosts'</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Woah, Xray... Something similar to that happened to me but not involving ghosts. I was about 10 years old, and I was sleeping, and it was probably around 7:00 am. I was asleep, dreaming. I was in a lake, and it was all dark. I was a bit concious of what was happening in reality. I could hear my sisters talking in the hallway, getting ready for work. I saw a light, which looked somewhat like the light where my sisters were. I heard them speaking to each other, and I was trying to wake up. It was the weirdest thing in the world. I tried to yell but no sound came. That was really creepy....

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
Its hard to say really, to simply expain my belief of god, see that episode of futeramawhere ender is sent into space. Thus god is like gasous aurora with physic powers. ANYWHEY....... The belief of ghosts, to my vision, is real. Read the haunting. Ghost are shifts in thermal energy. I believe that when thermal energy increases by a great amount a shift is created and a being from another universe is transpoted here. when the shift ends, the room gets colder because the thermal energy is going down. JUST A GUESS
ps: the universe is parrell to ours were the dead person still lives in their old house.

<small>[ June 21, 2002, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Devilkoopa ]</small>

Fyre Ball

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe ghosts are Satan's minions designed to confuse us. Souls of the dead have left this realm and I do not believe in "wandering spirits of the dead".

Disagree if you must, but that is my belief.

Massy

BRoomer
BRoomer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Ghost are shifts in thermal energy. I believe that when thermal energy increases by a great amount a shift is created and a being from another universe is transpoted here. when the shift ends, the room gets colder because the thermal energy is going down. JUST A GUESS
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I too get a whole lotta ghosts hovering around my radiators.

saud

Smash Lord
ghosts exist there is this true story I read in my english book for school its called "the great ampherst mystery, something like that and that detective knows all the tricks of people that try to fool him because he's also an actor. the girl that can see the ghosts gave them names , one bob and one maggie. once the detective asked n a room when he was alone" bob can you hand e a match?" then a match landed from the sky to him smoking pipe. and once maggie was angry and tried to kill him by throwing plates and knives at him. he said that he has some witnesses and this signed paper for proof.
And also I had this dream 4 years ago, there were all sorts of thing that were moving and trying to kill me in my house. and there was this spooky sound that was scaring me all the time, then I woke up. I was so frightened it was the worst nightmare I ever had! then I heard that sound from my dream, it was laughing then said, there is a surprise waiting for you at the door, then it stopped. I wasn't able to flinch or speek. then something moved my head towards the door, and then I so a huge figure as tall as the room moving towards me. I was so scared, trying to imagine it go away, but wasn't able. then my nanny from outside, opened the door and the thing looked backwards and just disappeared! then she wanted to wake me up but I got up by myself and went to was and brush my teath shiveing.
That's why I believe in ghosts.

Devious

Smash Lord
These topics always turn back to "is God/whoever real? Are s/angels real?" So, if we prove the religion wrong, ghosts go down the drain and we can keep there stories in Luigi's vacuum cleaner.

zelda85

Smash Ace
Ghosts...they're entities locked from goin' into Heaven or whatelse because of some strange unsolved situation here on Earth...
...I don't belive in their existance...
When someone dies ,he/she should go into the afterlife (only here I could start a new topic) ,becoming only soul....admitting that this "soul" could still reason ,why he/she should return on earth ? To get revenge ? To protect someone ? (also for that angels "exist"...)
That's pointless 'cuz they can't do nothing...are only soul ,immaterial....

The "ghosts" people see are images ,projections from their brain and feelings.....ex: someone who has recently lost a loved person and the desire of seeing him/her still alive is so high that "see" his/her loved one around...

..don't know If you have understood ,but I tried..

Giga Master Hand

Smash Cadet
Yeah, yeah paratrooper, and Giga Bowser got out of your TV and started atacking your PC...yeah

I belive ghosts don't exist, but look at this (it has happended to me, but it doesn't have anything with ghosts):

I where sleeping in my bed and then moved a little because the night was hot (I'm not meaning anything other than "high temperature") and then I did fell a furry thing on my hand, I shaked it, and it was gone, then I started to hear noises, and the thing appeared on my hand again, and I shaked it off, then I waked up my mom because of the noises and she said: "that's your mind, I can hear birds singing now, if I concentrate, that shows that you hear what you want to, I even feel like a crab had snapped my finger." and I went to sleep again. When I moved again the thing appeared there again, and I shaked it off, then I told my mom again, and then she noticed she had blood on her finger, she searched somethinng to wash it and when she got out of the bathroom I heared a loud scream, and I saw a big rat runing to me!, I got VERY upset, and automaticaly jumped on the bed, then we searched for it, and it ran. Mom thanked me "thanks the destiny you where here, if not, I would had died because I would think that the blood wasn't there because a rat had biten me, and I would die because of the infection".

That's it, my mom said the well-known clitché "that's all in your mind", but the thing that was in my mind saved her from dying due to infection...I think older people don't like to belive what younger ppl. say about noises and/or visins; but I still think that the ghosts don't exist, and that it's just a thing the world made to get $$$, and they got millions!, millions due to the movies, then they sold the "haunted houses", and now, when Bin Laden attacked the Twin Towers the ghosts/plotergeists/aliens/UFOS/and all unknown things didn't appeared anymore!...I'm a "bit" off topic...well, anywayz.

Cya!

link44

Smash Cadet
wow

and this brings us to a new topic... do zombies exsist?

P.S. The New Harry Potter Book: Harry Potter and the secret of ghost, poltergiest, demons, and tacos:eek: :eek:

Oliver

Smash Apprentice
Why do so many people believe in ghosts, but not, for example, the Loch Ness monster?

If you have never seen, heard, or reacted with a ghost in any way, why believe in them?

And when atheists believe in ghosts, that shows real philosophic inconsistency.

LordChaos

Smash Rookie
I believe in ghosts very much. I have to disagree with the person who said that ghosts are just figments of someone's imagination who lost a loved one. Most of the time when someone sees or hears a ghost, it's not of anyone they ever met. I don't believe ghosts are always (or even most of the time) bad. I think people are just scared of them because people naturally fear the unknown. Ghosts in my opinion are just like people in the way they act.

PrincessSCeleste

Smash Cadet
Since were all gamers here.. I would guess.. uhmm.. mostly..
Has anyone ever played Chrono Cross?

If so it would take a load off of explaining on my part..

But basically a rift in time would cause a world to split into two dimensions by just one simple event happening that couldn't have if someone ever made a ripple in the flow of time..

They do it simple enough.. The main character dies when he is young in one "alternate reality" and is very much alive in another. You start playing the one that is alive (makes sense) and are caught in the time rift where the other died and end up in his "alternate reality" where everyone thinks he's dead...

The story only gets freakier from there.. It does however use all of its theories from actual scientific theories trying to prove or disprove the possibility of things like what was mentioned above with thermal energy...

Personally I think it's HIGHLY possible it could be an alternate reality, since they are now able to prove that time does run as the 5th demension, and if we were more advanced we could figuire out how to travel through it.. So some species more advanced may have already learned to travel through time thus causing the ripple for any living being anywhere in the Universe..

Very confusing but as you sit and think it through.. much more possible then you might first expect..

Just think.. The idea of the world being round and gravity holding us down was ridiculous not to long ago..

Sacred Ice

Smash Journeyman
Half of me believe and the other half doesn't. My mom used to tell me about her old house in Vietnam, there she could see shadows of people that wondered in and outside the house at night. She also told me that shadows of people had been seen in her room by herself. I don't think my mom would lie to me about stuff like that but I can't just believe until I have.
And that stuff that they show on tv about ghosts, pictures, tapes of ghost. I think that's just pure BS. I mean maybe they didn't those stuff but mankind doesn't know everything here in this world. Some things are just unexplainable.
I don't believe in **** or heaven. I doubt in the fact that God excist. i'm just a regular boy that needs proof on that overnatural things excist in this world.
I think that after death you're just gone, you stop excisting, you're mind is gone and so are you.

wedge2

Smash Journeyman
In a Nano lab,wearing an &quot;I'm with stupid&quo
(quote)If so it would take a load off of explaining on my part..

But basically a rift in time would cause a world to split into two dimensions by just one simple event happening that couldn't have if someone ever made a ripple in the flow of time..

They do it simple enough.. The main character dies when he is young in one "alternate reality" and is very much alive in another. You start playing the one that is alive (makes sense) and are caught in the time rift where the other died and end up in his "alternate reality" where everyone thinks he's dead...

The story only gets freakier from there.. It does however use all of its theories from actual scientific theories trying to prove or disprove the possibility of things like what was mentioned above with thermal energy...

Personally I think it's HIGHLY possible it could be an alternate reality, since they are now able to prove that time does run as the 5th demension, and if we were more advanced we could figuire out how to travel through it.. So some species more advanced may have already learned to travel through time thus causing the ripple for any living being anywhere in the Universe..

Very confusing but as you sit and think it through.. much more possible then you might first expect..

Just think.. The idea of the world being round and gravity holding us down was ridiculous not to long ago..
(Quote)

Well if time would be the 5th dimension the the speed of light would be the 4th. Anyways, if some one could send thoughts throughout time or dimensions, then anybody could receive them an start viewing them. Since that some one knows nothing about whats going on he might think what he just saw was a ghost. (like an Email)
:chuckle:

PrincessSCeleste

Smash Cadet
You've got mail. ^.^

*heh heh* Yeah. As impossible and stupid as that sounds now, it's a theory at least. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups but it's also the mother of all discoveries. We'll just have to keep researching till we get a clearer awnser.

Sour Cream

Smash Cadet
Ghosts

Personally I think ghosts do exist. I mean how can you not after all the storys we hear. And not just the made up ones but stuff I hear from my friends and also some I have experienced myself. I know there are some douts about the whole thing and I to persaonally was not always a beliver untill I had a real taste of the unknown. I don't blame you if you don't belive but how else could oyu explane all the wired stuff that happens like doors opening and closing and no ones there or thing being moved and no ones home or even sound or noises that we hear.

thanx
Sour Cream

Peachy

Smash Journeyman
I beleive in ghosts because I saw one. It was the night just after
my dog got put to sleep,and I was laying in bed when suddely
I see a whitething in the air! It looked just like my dog. I beleive
he came back to say goodbye. Tht next mourning my mom and
dad saw it too!

game and kirby

Smash Journeyman
I believe that everything leaves behind residual energy that can be seen or felt. So maybe you really loved your dog or vice versa. It's probable. BTW, tho, maybe your parents just said they saw it to make you feel better. I don't know , but mine do that a lot.

Peachy

Smash Journeyman
I'm very sure that ghosts really do exists. There are some people who believe that ghosts are horrible creatures that haunted people and try to scare them away. If you are trying to say that these types of ghosts do not exist then you are right. Most ghosts are merly the spirit of a dead person who has unfinished business and is coming back to finish what they started or to help some one who is the same trouble they were in. On Date Line there was a story of a girl (5 or 6 years old) who was in a National Park and got lost after trying to find a Waterfall without supervision. After three days a search team was sure she was dead. But two old men took their muels and went down the river by the water fall. On the fourth day the old men found the girl who was barley alive. She said that a small girl was with her telling her where to sleep and what to eat. She said that the girl left when the two old men arrived. The little girl described the girl that was with her and the discription match a small girl's who had died at the Park 20 years earlier. A little girl's imagination is not big enough to make up a lie like that.

Lycanus Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Take the third right after Pluto and its the third
Sure... I believe in ghosts though I don't call them ghosts. I prefer to call them spirits. I don't know exactly what they are but I believe that there is something that happens at death that we can't explain. On a ghostly side note: My sister thinks that our house is haunted. (Our house.....haunted? Yeah right.) She says that she was in the kitchen with her back turned to like the twenty cupboards we have when she heard a loud bang. When she turned around every single cupboard was open. She was home alone and there was no open window or anything. Now I belive that this actually happened but I don't think it was ghosts. I'm sure that there is a logical explanation. My sister also complains that at night sometimes the porcelain dolls on her dresser shake but nothing else on the dresser or in the room does. I don't know what to think about that so I just don't think about it. I've never seen this happen thats for sure, and neither have my parents. She also says that her stereo comes on when no one is there to turn it on. I can attest to this cause I was home alone in my room right across the hall when her stereo came on. Personally I think that its just a glitch in the electrical system or that its on some sort of timer that my sister doesn't know about. ( My sister doesn't really know a whole lot when it comes to electronics.) Since this stuff seems to only happen to her and my sister is somewhat of a drama queen I'm pretty sure that our house isn't haunted. ( Even though the previous owner did indeed die in the house. She was old and died peacefully...or maybe it was a he? I never remember. Anyway....whoever it was was old and died in their sleep. End of story.)

Bushelz

Smash Journeyman
Spiritual entities are very likely, but it would only work if you believe in religion(normally). Sinc atheists don't believe in god, then I generally assume they don't believe in spirits. But not being atheist, I'm probably wrong, so please correct me.

I believe halfly belief all that such exist, although I'm not really scared by things, so I'd love to see anything of the sort happen. Obviously if there was 'ghosts' so to say, then how is it that they can influence the movement of solid objects. They're supposed to be transparent beings, so how is it that they can open doors or things. And if you were to say it's pure emotion, then well, how can they exhibit so many emotions at once.

The spirit is supposed to be the keeper of everybody's emotions(going by religious way) then that means that ghosts can feel different sorts of things. So why would they only feel hatred or loss? Couldn't they just move on to whatever is there for them? I know I'm probably talkng mumbo jumbo, so if you find any flaws in this, please correct me.

But I also think that a ghost would have to be incredibly powerful to move physical objects. So this means that once the spirit leaves the body, it becomes so powerful? How is this so? I'd like to hear what other people came up with.

wedge2

Smash Journeyman
In a Nano lab,wearing an &quot;I'm with stupid&quo
I think that those ghosts are actually the energy of people how were able to feel what others felt during their life time. You might think it is pretty cool to have some sort of telepathic ability, but it could also turn into a nightmare. Imagine you always felt what othres felt, for example you particularly like one person however sinsce you are always feeling what some else is you could very easily pick up the hattred others have against that person.

Any way, my point here is that having a psycic ability might mean having such an amazing power that you might not be able to control it, if ghosts really get thier power from all of the emotions of the living the they could very easily lose control over that power and move material things. It could also be that sometimes they get so overwhelmed with power that they have to use it once in a while to prevent the power from runnig a muck and damaging things.

BinkysEvolution

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Bushelz
Spiritual entities are very likely, but it would only work if you believe in religion(normally). Sinc atheists don't believe in god, then I generally assume they don't believe in spirits.
I figure that ghosts are the leftover energy that's coursing through our central nervous systems. However, while some ghosts are definitely human or animal in origin, I wonder if maybe most poltergeists and some other ghosts might not be ghosts in the traditional sense but perhaps something completely different and unrelated (maybe something from a different dimension/reality or an actual life-form).

Fox-Bite

Smash Cadet
i dont believe i know. i have one in my house a little girl with a pink dress to be specific also her name is Charlotte and i have seen her. also my sister's friend has had encounters with ghosts wherever she has moved. and just to let all of you know ghosts look just like normal people except pale but i cant remember if she was transparent at all

KoopaTroopa

Smash Journeyman
I believe in ghosts for reason and reasons and expierences, ghosts anre not all "evil" anyway i have ghosts that like to trick me and turn my speakerphone on and turn the volume up and make it beep really loud and when you think some1 is behind you and you look and nobody is there. Another thing is you see somebody out of the corner of your eye and look and noones there, or you just have ghosts in your hous that just keep you company. I never use to believe in ghosts but ever since all of these things and more there is no other reasons:o"My" ghosts dont really scare me.

Fox-Bite

Smash Cadet
ever seen your ghost besides out of the corner of your eye, i mean most ghosts ive heard about never cause trouble usually but sometimes they do odd things. so as long as they dont bother me too much i have no problem.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah. They're more a psykologikal thing. If u want something to be real, u'll start imaganing things. My teacher told me in Theory class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom