• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming-1/23/10! Worcestor, MA

Walts

Smash Rookie
DNA Gaming monthly tournament part 3

Where:

DNA Gaming USA
22 Front Street
Worcestor, Massachusetts

When:

January 23, 2010
Doors open at 9 AM

Schedule
9:00- Doors open
10:30- Sign up for Brawl Doubles
11:30 Brawl Doubles Begins
1:30- Brawl Doubles ends/Sign ups for singles
2:30-3:00- Brawl Singles Begin
9:00- Venue Closes

*Schedule is subject to change

if singles finishes and we have a good amount of time before the store closes there will be a third event. the options are:

-Low tier Singles
-Low Tier Dubs
-Brawl+ Singles (depending on how many brawl+ setups we have)
-Brawl+ dubs (depending on how many brawl+ setups we have)
-make a suggestion

•Entry Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person, $10 per Team
Third Event- $5 per person

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%*

*If less than 16 teams sign up, the pot split will go 70/30/0.

-All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none. All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.

-First round is double blind character pick. The first stage will then be determined by stage strikes. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played.

-Second and third games, winner bans a stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character, then the match can start.

-No stage may be played upon twice within a set unless agreed upon by both/all players.

-You will be DQ'd if you are excessively late for your match. If you are going off site, you should tell someone where you are going

-Each player may select a stage to be banned from the counter pick list.

-In the event of a dispute for controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will be used. In teams the winner will select his port, the opposing team members will select theirs, and the teammate of the winner will take the remaining port.

-In the event of a tie, determine by stocks, then percent. If a tie still exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

-If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

-Any action that causes the game to become unfinishable (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.

-Excessive stalling and planking are banned (T.O.s discretion)

-Dedede's standing infinite is NOT banned. Ice Climbers' infinite grab is NOT banned(uhh son). Wall infinites/locks are NOT banned because no legal stages have perma-walls.

-BYOC (Bring your own controller).

-If you see someone doing something that is not permitted, please inform myself or another host and we will take care of it.

•Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

•All other stages are banned

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Brawl+ increases attendance. And is thusly a good idea for the store itself.

Brawl+ set ups are easy as hacking isn't even needed to run brawl plus at this point. Nacho and I could set up SD cards with the Stage Builder hack easily enough.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to go to this and give my money to the winner or several others in MM's, but I don't think I can go without a ride. Anyone going from or passing through western CT that could give me a ride to this? I could probably get a ride to wherever you are in CT so that you wouldn't have to back track, but I just can't get a ride from that person all the way to the tournament. I'd help pay for gas, as well. Not to sound desperate or anything but, please someone, drive me!

Prawn

Smash Master
^^ try your best to **** up the bracket then not lose to almo LOL

Top Bottom