• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLX Canceling with Wolf

GaMeR_x_AzN

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me when are we suppose to DLX cancel with Wolf. Maybe a video can help. I cant seem to get the timing right. I can do it with Falco but not with any other character though. Thanks in advance.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Where you hit with a dash attack and then up smash immediately.
Snake dashing is similar.

Go into training with Falco, letterbomb. Then dash attack and the second you hit with it hit up on the C-Stick (that's how I do it anyways). You'll know when you did it.

Doval

Smash Lord
First of all, don't call it DLX hit cancel.
Seconded. The name is stupid, and DLX should be slapped for naming it after himself.
Second of all, I believe only Link, Falco, and Snake can do it.
This video disagrees. http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k Looks to me like every character can do it.

Connecting with the dash attack isn't necessary, and for most characters, it's impossible to connect the dash attack and still get the Up Smash.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
@Doval, you are wrong.

That video illustrates elongating the U-smash with certain characters (not everyone can do it), by using the momentum from a dash attack, but never allowing the hit box for the dash attack to come out.

DLX, as dumb as the name is, is LINKING the dash attack after making contact with an opponent, their shield, or some other barrier that can receive damage, and canceling the finishing animation into an up-smash, so ideally both hits connect.

§witch

Smash Lord
Where you hit with a dash attack and then up smash immediately.
Snake dashing is similar.

Go into training with Falco, letterbomb. Then dash attack and the second you hit with it hit up on the C-Stick (that's how I do it anyways). You'll know when you did it.
Alright, thanks. Not that it would be that great with wolf anyways. Slow laggy dash attack, followed by a two hit usmash, not the fast combo we were looking for.

GHKI

Smash Rookie
i was reading some youtube comments of germs wolf. He did something similar to the snake slide with wolf. They said to do it you have to go into a dash attack then real fast hit down then up on the c-stick. And the guy called it DAC psmash.

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
TheKneeofJustice is totally right. I'm not so sure about Link's *AHEM* DU smash, though, because I haven't seen any videos of someone hitting someone with the dash then upsmashing. THe only vid I have seen involves just sliding and upsmashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBx7XcI4fI

I do not think this is an actual DU smash, it's simply a DAC, which means he doesnt hit with the dash attack. So I really have no idea if Link can really pull off a multihit combo.

Best101

Smash Ace
Just call it a Dash-Cancel or DC for short. Simple name and the technique does exactly what the name suggests.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dash-Up-Smash, DUS. I don't see what's wrong with that, or DU Smash (pronounced do or duh smash or whatever).

i was reading some youtube comments of germs wolf. He did something similar to the snake slide with wolf. They said to do it you have to go into a dash attack then real fast hit down then up on the c-stick. And the guy called it DAC psmash.
...What?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Every time you use that name (I'm not going to use it), your ***** gets a little shorter, and God kills a kitten, a puppy, a baby, AND a catgirl.

Please, think of all that stuff.

Mistake

Smash Rookie
Hello there, everybody-

I don't main as Wolf often, but I do the slide + up smash technique whenever I use him... it really helps out because his up smash in particular has a pretty wide range (considering his legs hit people to his side then drag them into the second hit) and since I find it more useful than using simply his dash.

The timing compared to Snake's is a LOT closer (meaning you have to space the dash attack and the up smash with less time in between) and a bit more similar to Link's. I simply press down on the C-stick while running and press up and Z as soon as I do.

Blad01

Smash Lord
DLX Hit cancel can be performed by Snake, Falco and Wario.

Dash Bosst can be performed by a lot more characters. (But not all of them : Look at the ZSS's Dash Boost).

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
try doing it in training mode,make sure you lower the speed so its easier to do.
Lowering the speed makes it harder for me. I just know that it's almost immediately after you start the dash - you don't even really see the startup of the dash. However, I don't find it that useful. You're pretty vulnerable when you're sliding, he doesn't go as far as other characters, and Wolf has better approach options.. I agree that a boost smash is better than a dash, but it still isn't very good against a person who knows how to shield-grab. It has limited use against people trying to recover from above the stage.

I tried really freaking hard to get a combo dash->boost smash attack to work with Link, and I couldn't. The time you go into the Usmash is barely after he starts swinging his sword, so if someone is somehow directly above you and DIs into a boost smash, more power to you. But I'm pretty sure that it doesn't even has a hitbox at that point.

Doval

Smash Lord
Dude, I posted one in the first page.

Every character can do it anyways. Just that only the ones in the video I posted actually get any extra distance.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
No he can not. He doesnt have quick enough ASAP frames on his dash attack like falco. End of discussion...

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
This tech really isn't too useful for wolf. The main reason is wolf's dash attack has very little forward momentum. It doesn't really give you more distance than just dashing into an upsmash and I don't think its possible to hit with both the dash attack and the upsmash. A good player will punish you every time you try this.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
as I stated, the dash attack doesnt have the proper ASAP and thus as ALAxe has stated again, not possible. Smash Boosting can be effective if used properly, but it's up to you if you wish to start in- corporating that.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go with calling it DAC (Dash Attack Canceled) Usmash. I use it sometimes when I play wolf if they're coming straight down from far away. It's pretty hard to do though if you're using tap jump.

Top Bottom